Daz serial number

stephanloystephanloy Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

So how does one go about getting a serial number for Daz 3d 4? The step-by-step instructions on the Daz site and in Daz docs are great, very clear and concise. They just don't have much to do with reality. They say to log in to your account, then add Daz Studio 4 to your shopping cart and go get the serial number in your serial numbers list. However, I don't see any way to add Daz Studio 4 to my shopping cart. I only see a button to download, nothing to take me into the store per se. Since I download without going through the store, my transaction page shows no transactions and no serial numbers. What am I missing?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

The 4.5 beta will work without a serial. Is the older, stable version, download still a zip? If so there should be a serial number in the readme. If not I think 4.5 is your only option right now (it is pretty stable for most users, despite the beta tag).

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Now You dont need serial numbers using daz studio 4. It is more easy dont you think so?

(I have 4 serial number for daz 4 , because, I missed download 3times , but they dont need now)
    you must need serial number for optional plug-ins which you buy.

edited December 1969

A serial number also stops you from getting the nag screen on every launch.

• stephanloystephanloy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info on 4.5. I have 4, and i get this nag screen every time I open it, but no way that I see to get the serial number to stop that screen from showing up. I also wonder if some functions of the program are not available without having plugged in the serial number. Is this not a worry?

edited December 1969

You need a serial number for 4.0, for 4.5 you can dismiss the nag screen and work - though I'm not sure if that reduces the available tools or if you get the full set as in Pro.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

do you check out from top menu Edit >Preferences>start up> check out Show plug -in option> accept
    if your nag screen is about plug in , you can stop it.
    "daz decimator and, animate2"

Now I downloaded daz stuido 4 zip packages getting 32 bit ver, there is serial number in read me file.
    I don t know how to use it, but I keep it for future support.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the info on 4.5. I have 4, and i get this nag screen every time I open it, but no way that I see to get the serial number to stop that screen from showing up. I also wonder if some functions of the program are not available without having plugged in the serial number. Is this not a worry?

Same problem

Today morning I had downloaded the 4.5... and tried to get a serial number to upgrade to Pro version...
    but always get this

"Currently there are no Serial Numbers available for you."

Hope this doesn't make me miss the Pro benefits...
    Regards

edited December 1969

You need to buy the free version from the store to get a serial, not use the direct download.

• edited December 1969

You need to buy the free version from the store to get a serial, not use the direct download.

Please... consider me as a blind man... give me a direct link to store...:coolsmile:

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

saad_cad said:

Please... consider me as a blind man... give me a direct link to store...:coolsmile:

This is the product page for DAZ Studio 4.5 Purchase for Free

• saad_arcsaad_arc Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

saad_cad said:

This is the product page for DAZ Studio 4.5 Purchase for Free

Thanks a lot for quick respond....
    In fact before I get your help I found this

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/installing_software_plugins_and_content/tutorials/third_party_registration/start

and followed the steps, but I had to make a new account... Finally it works :-)

In fact I feel very tired... It was a long journey... :bug: