4.5.1.6 autofit dresses

kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm trying to autofit various dresses, but the space between the legs (from thighs down) gets all stretched out and ugly looking.

What is the best way to fit dresses? What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,850
    edited December 1969

That seems to be unavoidable, as the mesh is adjusted to fit the different Genesis shape. Half the skirt mesh is assigned to each leg and moved into position, stretching the bit down the middle. A smoothing modifier may even it out.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

Make sure you are choosing a garment type when you're autofitting - it will apply a weight map to the finished fitted garment based on what you choose. If you don't choose anything, it will apply the genesis weight map, where the legs are split. The dresses are autofitting much better in the new version, or at least that's what I recall when I tried it, but you need to tell it it's a dress or a skirt.

Once you're done autofitting, if you're feeling adventurous you can adjust the weight maps yourself to smooth the center area, so that the stretched area is wider across the whole front and moves more like real cloth.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

I have found that this happens with certain outfits even when you do tell it the item is a dress. The K4 Sweetheart Dress is on example, I was hoping to use it on the Genesis Child but it comes out hopelessly borked every time.

Untitled-1.jpg
    625 x 637 - 70K