Help with "luscious curves for v4 a4"

edited October 2012 in New Users

Ive done a lot of googling and a lot of messing with files, and haven't been able to actually get this set of morphs or characters in game.

Here's my problem, I've downloaded it and I'm very very sure its on my mac, just i cant actually get it into daz.

At first i just went about it like i went about the ++ morphs, and base; just pressing next as soon as i could. I opened daz and searched through files for maybe 20-30 minutes to no avail. I found the files that looked as if they belonged to the luscious curves set, just nothing in them, which makes no sense to me. I also checked my morphs section and character section, to find nothing. I then decided to manually move some files around, I figured maybe i have to move some of the contents that were delivered in the zip file, It doesn't seem like this was the fix either. I manually took the folder and dropped it into my daz library hoping anything from inside it would show up in daz, just the folders...not the files.

All help is appreciated, sorry if this was posted about recently, and thanks in advance

Post edited by malcolmd81394_4774fc740c on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited October 2012

Where are you installing these files into?

All of these items are in Poser Format, and if you have installed into the default location, they will be in Poser Formats > My Library > Pose.
    They are PZ2 Pose files.

There should have been a Readme file along with the product, which not only tells you exactly what items are in the product, but more importantly, where they should be installed to.

There is a short tutorial on installing zipped content as a sticky at the top of the New Users Forum, I'll get you a link.
    Here it is : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/320/

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited October 2012

i think im just awful at this...the directions on the thread listed within the thread you posted, didn't work for me. The pictures weren't showing up for me and that was making the directions significantly harder to follow. When i mentioned manually moving files around i basically did what he said in the thread for the most part, just to a different section. He did however mention poser formats folder, which i simply can not locate on my computer, I've been dropping the zip content into the daz studio formats. I think this is the issue, but I literally can't see any way of dropping the contents into my poser formats folder simply because I cant find it anywhere on my mac.

*edit*
    just found it, dropped the contents into and its not showing up at all in daz

Post edited by malcolmd81394_4774fc740c on
    edited October 2012

Where is the folder you put the runtime into located?

Inside DAZ Studio you should look in the Content Library tab, then in Poser Formats > My Library > Poses, and the files should be there.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited December 1969

I'm still new at this myself, so don't take this for carved-in-stone :P, but I'm given to understand, and it's been overall my own experience so far, that if it was made for Victoria 4 (or for Poser generally), you should be installing the item into the "Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library" subdirectory of your "Users" directory on your main drive, like so:

C:/Users/User (or Owner or whatever)/Documents (or My Documents)/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library

Items from the Daz3D store generally come in executable form so that you can just specify the correct directory to go into and the installer will do the rest. Items from other places, like Renderosity, you usually have to unzip into the correct directory or possibly even manually copy the files over to the right place. At any rate, that's been my own experience so far. Since Vicky 4.2 is my main figure, just about everything I've gotten to date has been for that model so I've installed virtually everything as described above and it's generally worked fine.

• edited December 1969

@jimmy i dropped it into several different places all of which were located in what i gathered was the pose formats section, didnt show up.

@joea Here's the thing about me dropping there...that wouldn't lead them into my poser formats section, ive done enough dragging and dropping to wear i can actually tell you about my files and folders with familiarity haha. What I've found is that my Poser formats is actually located with in my runtime folder with in the daz/studio/library sections. i dont know if thats normal but that may be the source.

edited December 1969

The default location for User content is in the My Library folder. Do you have one of them?

If so, it should contain a folder called 'runtime' which holds all of the Poser Content in the various sub-folders that Poser uses.
    Inside DS4, in the Content Library, these items all show up unde Poser Format > My Library, and then you sill see folders for Camera, Figures, Expressions, Hair etc etc. Your items should be in the 'Pose' folder

Look on your Mac, and see what folders are inside the My Library folder. The Runtime folder should be inside My Library, and there should only be one runtime folder, not one inside another, like My Library\Runtime\Runtime, or My Library\Content\Runtime. Runtime MUST be immediately below My Library.

Maybe another Mac user will come along to help a bit more.