Help with DSON installation

ajmartiajmarti Posts: 25
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hiii!...
I thing i did everything right but when i load the characters simply nothing happens!
I still can SEE in POser where is says GENESIS but it doesn't load at all

What ma I doing wrong?. cn anyone help me?
I'm using Poser 9 SR3 and DSON 32 bit installer with the other 2 content installers

I guess everything is in place.. all the content folders are INSIDE my Main RUNTIME
Heeeelllppp! please!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Exactly which files are you loading? Did you install both the Core and companion files? Where did you place the content?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

And I hope your main runtime is NOT in C:\Programs ... Windows is very protective of that folder ...

• ajmartiajmarti Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Hi Richard!
    Look... ok.. uh, I'm loading the files thru the library... just clickin' the figures icon. it appears the name but never the figure
    I'm pretty sure i installed everything... every folder is inside my main and only Runtime - not all then are inside the LIBRARY

i left the folders named: aniblocks, scenes, camer presets, daz tutorials, shader presets, props, DSON, data, light presets and unistaller...ALL OF THE ARE INSIDE my Runtime BUT OUTSIDE the LIbrary.. i mean where the Poser 9 Geometires and textures etc are.
    Is that right?...

To be honest i let the DSON installer instal by itself... BUT the others tow I opened on my Desktop and placed the folder MYSELF...
    I don't know, but i'm always afraid when running an Installer that I could miss or replace ALL my Poser files on a installation!!
    It's scary!.. so i rather placed the files myself.

Please help me!

Thanks so much for your help...

edited December 1969

ajmarti said:
    i left the folders named: aniblocks, scenes, camer presets, daz tutorials, shader presets, props, DSON, data, light presets and unistaller...ALL OF THE ARE INSIDE my Runtime BUT OUTSIDE the LIbrary.. i mean where the Poser 9 Geometires and textures etc are.
    Is that right?...

They should be alongside the Runtime folder, not in it (assuming you mean the literal "Runtime" folder, and not the folder you point Poser to). Those folders come from the Core installer - they don't show yo have installed the Companion files.

edited December 1969

DONE Richard!!!! that was exactly the problem!. Just had to move the folders outside the Runtime to the Poser 9 Folder and PRESTO!.
    My Genesis female load in 4 seconds!!!
    YOu are the BEST!... does this mean i can become Platinum Member again>!??'
    Just one last question before i loose control getting stuff...

How do i know WHICH FILES WILL WORK on my DSON/POSER 9 >?... are marked?...

Thanks again.. you have no idea how much I missed been here!!

AJ

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

ajmarti said:
    DONE Richard!!!! that was exactly the problem!. Just had to move the folders outside the Runtime to the Poser 9 Folder and PRESTO!.

AJ

Check all of the files at the link below. I think they all say they include DSON files. There are several pages of items already.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

edited December 1969

ajmarti said:

AJ

Check all of the files at the link below. I think they all say they include DSON files. There are several pages of items already.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

Hey thanks WheelMan!! I'll start checking right now!!! Thanks for your help!

edited October 2012

Files that will work, without your converting them, should have a Poser companion file installer in the downloads. Edit: and fortunately it looks as if the category, which was broken earlier, is now correct judging by the pages I looked at.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on