JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Hey Lycan, I got the hangar but that other part looks awesome.

* preparing a bottle of Scotland's finest whiskey labeling it "to Jack" *. Will it return? (And Kludge, Scottish *LOL*)

Well, I'm part Scot and part Welsh as well but the Irish part always seems to take precedence. But then maybe that's where I got a bit of the scoundrel in me from. ;-P
    edited December 1969

Y'know, Parkside Head has a few other possibilities. Originally I saw it as a tower for Parkview's airport but then I remembered some if not all major railroad switch yards also have a tower. Quite versatile, innit?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...also makes a good security watchtower.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Didn't someone post a render using one like that?
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Oh activity.....nice.......hiya all.

Back in to lurk mode

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    Y'know, Parkside Head has a few other possibilities. Originally I saw it as a tower for Parkview's airport but then I remembered some if not all major railroad switch yards also have a tower. Quite versatile, innit?

Glad to hear it! :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited October 2012

Kludge said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Didn't someone post a render using one like that?
    ... a couple pages back.

Another is in the works.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

One thing I would really love to see for the Parkside train series is an old railraod hand car. I think it would be a great addition it the series. ;-)

Coldrake

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    betsy662 said:
    Kludge said:

Hmmm ... where'd you get the Chevvie Nomad?

That one is made by Nationale7, its available at Rendo.

Cool, thanks. I have a couple of his models, all pre-1940, and like them. I may actually break down and buy a more recent vehicle. :-)

I also have the 32 Ford, (Great model, have to do a lot of re parenting in DS4.5), but oh what a great model!

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    One thing I would really love to see for the Parkside train series is an old railraod hand car. I think it would be a great addition it the series. ;-)

Coldrake

Were you the one who suggested it before? it's on the to-do list.. so someone has in the past :)

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited October 2012

using the morgue as backround for "black leather" :) a morgue can be used for different things :) by the way, this is a new SubDivision version of my Dixie :)

click for full size view, image is 1000 to 1600

dx_black_leather_2.jpg
    1000 x 1600 - 315K
    Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

I like the way parkside heath promo art looks. I was wondering if nayone might advise a lower cost ground substitute since I don’t own atonement, which is what these pictures use.

Also, the trees… Any idea how the trees are done in the background? they look great.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited October 2012

I like the way parkside heath promo art looks. I was wondering if nayone might advise a lower cost ground substitute since I don’t own atonement, which is what these pictures use.

Also, the trees… Any idea how the trees are done in the background? they look great.

In Cradle to Grave I used the ground plane from Carnival Entrance, but for something closer to Atonement's you might try the Moonlit Moonshines Drive-In texture on the Moonshines Drive-In's groundplane.

Can't tell you 'bout the trees, but I'd recommend looking back through Lisa B's stuff, especially Creepy Trees I and CTII.

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

As Kickair says, I also use the Carnival Entrance Ground to a fault, many times I will also use its own retextured version for certain scenes, also the ground for the Drive in is a good stand in as well, also, if you have a Curious Chapel, that ground plane has a lot of uses as well.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

A different use of the moon gate and the park Box cars...

dark_times_pw.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 240K
    edited December 1969

I think theres a few grounds in the Curious series which would work, if you're in the PC already. The background trees were just photoshopped :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Photoshopped....photoshoped...I am shocked....

ok not really. :P

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

Well, judging by the PC and other releases this month, Jack has been VERY busy lately! I love the drive-in, brings back so many memories from my younger days. And even though I will have to wait until this weekend for them, the diner and associated sets just look incredible as well! I am looking forward to playing with these.

On a side note, let me add my voice to the requests for a Moonshine Drive-In concession stand to go along with the rest. Every drive-in needs its concession stand!

Jack, keep up the fantastic work, every piece is truly a pleasure to see!

edited December 1969

Well, judging by the PC and other releases this month, Jack has been VERY busy lately! I love the drive-in, brings back so many memories from my younger days. And even though I will have to wait until this weekend for them, the diner and associated sets just look incredible as well! I am looking forward to playing with these.

On a side note, let me add my voice to the requests for a Moonshine Drive-In concession stand to go along with the rest. Every drive-in needs its concession stand!

Jack, keep up the fantastic work, every piece is truly a pleasure to see!

Thanks.. yep, always busy here ;) I appreciate the kind words as always :)

edited December 1969

Used one if Jack's sets for this fun render ;-)
    Curious Hallway oppa gangnam style!

oppa_pw.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 284K
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    A different use of the moon gate and the park Box cars...

I like it.

edited December 1969

Totte said:

lol.. though I have to admit I really got get the hype surrounding that ;)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

My son saw that Video in the break between matches in a Korean Starcraft II tournament he was watching streams from, googled it and sent me the link, the video had <500 views or something then, now it's huge, but he's always been into K-Pop/Gangnam (He's a Korean wannabe ) ;-)</p>

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

The Diner is out!!!
    I graped the bundle and the other things. It is great!
    I love it! :-)
    Will there be some kitchen interior too?

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

My son saw that Video in the break between matches in a Korean Starcraft II tournament he was watching streams from, googled it and sent me the link, the video had <500 views or something then, now it's huge, but he's always been into K-Pop/Gangnam (He's a Korean wannabe ) ;-)</div>

Yea, I assume someone has made some money out of it :)

edited December 1969

Juju said:
    The Diner is out!!!

Cheers.

Possibly.. :) like the other addon's that have been suggested, if the theme proves popular then of course I will come back and expand on it sooner rather than later.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

I started to like it more when I found out he wasn't actually being serious and was poking fun at certain types of people. There was a dissection of the song here: http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/08/gangnam-style-dissected-the-subversive-message-within-south-koreas-music-video-sensation/261462/

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    I started to like it more when I found out he wasn't actually being serious and was poking fun at certain types of people.

Oh, I just assumed it was a piss-take from the off.. but even so, how it gets into 'pop-culture' is beyond my comprehension :)

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Juju said:
    The Diner is out!!!

I remember some blurry diner-kitchen background from some of the PlatClub promo shots -- hopefully they're gonna be part of next week's PlatClub releases.
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    I started to like it more when I found out he wasn't actually being serious and was poking fun at certain types of people.

Oh, I just assumed it was a piss-take from the off.. but even so, how it gets into 'pop-culture' is beyond my comprehension :)

have no clue but it's a big mystery as this song that was made by this guy in the evening after he had chatted with what he thought was a forum bot, that proved to be his friends girlfriend (and he hadn't been very nice to "the bot"). I know it was released in the UK a year after it smashed in Sweden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf2wbRWb9xI

This discussion has been closed.