Installed content not in Library

gcole0211gcole0211 Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in Poser Discussion

I've recently installed quite a few products into Poser 8 such as V4 Morphs ++, Akae, M3 Morphs, etc., none of which are showing up in my library no matter how much I've tried to refresh. I've even added the folders directly into the library. Other products such as the M3 and 4 Base are loaded along with tons of other products. Does Poser have a limit on how much you can install? I'm at a loss and I was up until 12 last night trying to assess the problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the unrecognized products but I'm hoping I don't have to uninstall poser and reinstall it again. Any help would be great, thanks.

Post edited by gcole0211 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

Where are you looking? Assuming you installed correctly (to the folder that holds the actual Runtime folder) they should be in various places in the Pose library - the V4 Morphs++ in DAZ's Victoria 4\Morph Injections for example.

• gcole0211gcole0211 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the reply. I did check in the runtime folder and didn't see the morphs. Located in the content library I saw the V4 folder along with the Akae folder, but the contents in either folder never showed up in my library. I'll need to go back and check it again to make sure.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited October 2012

Are you using Vista or Windows 7? When you installed Poser, did you install the Poser content into the location it recommended, or did you install it into the Poser program directory?

If you did the later and are using Vista or Windows 7, User Account Control is likely the culprit. If this is the case, your best bet is to reinstall Poser, either installing the content to the recommended location, or install Poser outside of Program files (I have mine in D:\Poser, and my content and external Runtimes in D:\PoserLibrary)

Post edited by WandW on
  • edited December 1969

I don't know about Poser 8, but Studio 3.x wanted content installed in your personal Documents folder. I suspect Poser may be the same. Since installers generally want to be run as Administrator, you'll still end up being unable to find your data. I never let a program put general data in a private document folder. I always install content to a folder of my choice, one that I know the real path to.

edited October 2012

From the Poser 8 Readme...

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Flexible Main Runtime Location
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT: During the Poser 8 installation process, we highly recommend that you let the installer place your content into a shared document folder, which is the default setting. The reasons for this are outlined below.

Poser 8 includes a new feature designed for users that may not be able to write or save files in the application's installation directory. Typical situations where this would arise would be:
    - Vista [Or Windows 7] with UAC enabled
    - In tightly administered lab environments where only the sys admin is allowed to make installation changes

When first installing Poser 8, the user is presented with four Runtime location options. If installing in either of the situations mentioned above we recommend selecting "Shared Document directory" which is optimal for multi-user machines, machines in labs, and machines with Windows Vista installed and UAC enabled. Additionally, this option facilitates backing up content only.

The full set of Flexible Main Runtime Location choices during installation are:
    - Poser directory - Classic installation option with Runtime located in the main application directory. Provides maximum backward compatibility; suitable in situations where Flexible Main Runtime Location benefits are not needed.
    - Shared Document directory - Optimal runtime location for multi-user machines, machines in access restricted environments without sys admin privileges, or machines with Windows Vista installed and UAC enabled. This option facilitates easily backing up content.
    - My Documents directory - For multi-user machines where content will not be accessed by other machine users.
    - Other location - Recommended when installing Runtime on a hard disk other than the primary disk, and/or when disk space is low on the boot volume.

Post edited by WandW on
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited December 1969

You find the Pose Inj. for V4.2 in the Pose Library under DAZ's Victoria 4, in there you find subfolders and one of them has the Morph inj.

Best is to install those products like the Figures and there Morphs in the Poser Runtime, for all else you can create external Runtimes.

edited October 2012

PetraR123 said:

Best is to install those products like the Figures and there Morphs in the Poser Runtime, for all else you can create external Runtimes.

Don't, for the reasons cited above. There is no problem with Generation 4 figures in an external Runtime since Poser 7 SR3...

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

I had big issues like not finding some of the Morphs when I installed it ALL in an external Runtime.
    It is no big deal to install only those into Poser itself , but if it works for you that is great.

edited December 1969

Did you set your Library search Preferences to "Deep"?

The only content that really should be installed in the Poser Program runtime is Face Room files, Python scripts and add-ons. By default Poser doesn't even install its own content there anymore, as noted above from the Readme..

edited December 1969

You are right, I did not explain that well, I have my Poser Runtime by default in * Shared * folder on my iMac in wich I have installed the actual Figures and the morphs and for the rest I have external Runtimes.
    You are right in saying that in the Poser Program should only go Face Room files, Pyton scripts.... Sorry for the confusion.