Pissed off

edited October 2012 in Poser Discussion

Just when I had come to the conclusion that the Genesis port to Poser actually works without too much disruptions, and that with this month's payslip in, it may be time to sit down this weekend and see where to invest the $$ in support stuff, DAZ stops the discount action.
Now they say: get DSON for free if you buy for $30, nice! I have DSON, was one of the first-day downloaders, thank you, so this does nothing for me.

You guys will not fool me here. What do you think? After a few days they're so hooked on it they will bite the bullet and pay that 43% more? No way!. For me Genesis/DSON goes into the closet until further notice. Sorry, was nice try, but from me no money for this now.

Post edited by iambagoas_c087cfac24 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What product are you trying to buy? There were some DAZ Original sales for PC members that ended Friday, and there a few mistake extreme sales early Friday which were corrected.

• edited December 1969

I had not decided yet. First of all I looked for a morph set. I was considering either the Elite bundle or the resource morphs bundle, both were on offer at 30% off.
    I am not a PC member.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Ended WAY too early on Friday. I was set to purchase Genesis Evolution: Morph Bundle Friday with my $6 coupon when the price suddenly increased well before evening (East Coast timezone).

Sooo ... no purchase for me.

Yet other products that should have gone off sale continued to be on sale days after they were supposed to be off sale. It seems the older a product, the longer it stayed erroneously on sale :wink: (Ok ... that's just my frustration venting). But, I am getting really frustrated with the way the prices are jumping all over the place from one day / one hour to the next. The Parkside products are $0.99 cents one minute, $1.99 the next. The DAZ Originals are 70% then 40% then ... who knows. Yet aren't both categories supposed to be on sale until Monday?

Given there still is no way to tell when a sale ends on the product page, this really needs to be addressed before another "big" sale.

Products are also being offered for different sale percentages during the month so there is no way of knowing whether to buy now or wait another few days for a better percentage. Especially, when asking for a refund may result in problems with the PC Subscription!

I'm SOOO confused I don't know what's supposed to be on sale when ... and for the first time ever, I'm considering the Buy it All Bonus. But even that's screwy because I can't find a definitive list of what needs to be purchased. The Buy it All category doesn't seem to include everything that should be purchased.

A catchup sale at the end of the month of everything that's been on sale would go a long way toward easing the frustration with the store screwups.

What product are you trying to buy? There were some DAZ Original sales for PC members that ended Friday, and there a few mistake extreme sales early Friday which were corrected.
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

They have been having prices glitches all month and are trying to work them out as best they can.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited December 1969

I do not understand the complaint, you should be happy that you got DSON Importer FREE.
    Now people have to spend $ 30.00 to get the DSON Imprter which is not free anymore.

Or are you angry about the $ 6.00 because the DSON Importer ist a bit over $ 24.00?!?

Or am I just to stupid to understand?

• edited December 1969

PetraR123 said:
    ...Or am I just to stupid to understand?...

I leave that fot you to decide.

Let me word it differently: After a very long closure for renovation, at last a restaurant opens it's doors. It is 2pm. There is a large poster: 'All dinners 30% off.' It becomes the talk of the town. Then when at 6pm people get hungry and go there, they find the poster is gone and all dinners are full price.

Understand better now?

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Bagoas said:
    PetraR123 said:

Let me word it differently: After a very long closure for renovation, at last a restaurant opens it's doors. It is 2pm. There is a large poster: 'All dinners 30% off.' It becomes the talk of the town. Then when at 6pm people get hungry and go there, they find the poster is gone and all dinners are full price.

Understand better now?

Actually you forgot the phrase "for a limited time". If that's part of the poster, then people that are quick enough to take advantage of the offer gets the discount. Evidently the demand was such that the offer ran it's course and the discount is removed. If you see something that says "free for a limited time", grab it as soon as you can... if you wait, you run the risk of not getting it.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Actually you forgot the phrase "for a limited time". If that's part of the poster, then people that are quick enough to take advantage of the offer gets the discount. Evidently the demand was such that the offer ran it's course and the discount is removed. If you see something that says "free for a limited time", grab it as soon as you can... if you wait, you run the risk of not getting it.

I, for one, am trying to do this. My frustration with the "free for a limited time" concept is that Daz was always the ONE company I could count on to tell me when the limited time would end. They're not very good about that since the new site's been up, and this particular offer had no expiration data. We used to be able to see all sale end dates in the store and if there was ANY question, we could ask in the forum and someone like Kevin or Steve would pop in and answer the questions. Now, you have to go searching through the forums or the newsletters to MAYBE find a sale end date. There just flat wasn't one on this promotion. Shouldn't be that way, and I'm sure it's on the what seems like endless list of things that "will eventually be fixed" from the Magento disaster....but meanwhile it's frustrating.

edited December 1969

Bagoas said:
    PetraR123 said:

Understand better now?

You said you already have the DSON Importer, others have to buy stuff for $30.00 to get it free, so I still do not understand why you are so frustrated.
    If they would have said * for a limited time you get stuff FREE worth $30.00 if you download the DSON Importer and then a couple of hours DSON Importer is not free anymore and you get nothing...

Maybe I am just to stupid to understand this.

If you got the DSON Importer for Free and you do not have to spend $30.00 to get it free with the purchases than all is good, is it not?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

And indeed the DSON importer was advertised as "Free for a Limited Time" when it was first released.

edited December 1969

yes, I was among the first who jumped on it, so I did not need to make purchases later to get it:)
    I am a happy Bunny, there was nothing misleading in my humble Opinion.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Yes, it was clearly stated that it was a limited time offer. So I "bought" it immediately, although I do not even have Poser. :)

edited December 1969

Lol, so now you need to buy Poser:))

I tried and tried with DS but I can not make any sense of it so uninstalled it just now.

Just wish that they do update a lot of the cool Genesis stuff for use in Poser soon.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

I always "buy" the free stuff even if I don't see a need for it or if I can't use it now. You just never know. I do agree - while it would have been nice to have had an expiration told to us on this, it was very clearly stated that it was free for a limited time, I think it was free for, what, about 10 days? There was nothing misleading about the offer at all.

• eclark1849eclark1849 Posts: 211
    edited December 1969

Yeah I think I remember the "limited time offer" for the DSON Importer. I didn't get it because frankly, Genesis holds no sway over me AT ALL. Which is funny because if it had worked right out of the box in Poser, I'd probably be just as Genesis happy as everyone else.

• edited December 1969

That was what the poster on the restaurant said too, 'for a limited time'. Just nobody had expected that they would end the action on dinners before dinnertime.
    Let us be serious. DAZ launches a tool to enable users to load their proprietary binary format content in Poser. The tool uses features available only in a Poer update. Consequently users have first to download and install the update, then download and install the tool, get it to work. The tool opens new possibilities, opportunities, but users have to find the pros and cons and make up their mind how they can use it. They have to fiind out how they can use content they already own, maybe re-organize their Runtimes. To pull them forward, DAZ waves a carrot in front of their eyes: Content is 30% off! By the time users have decided and are ready to order, the offer is stopped. It is stopped inside the store, but the posters on the storefront remain. In other words, the poster is still up, but visitors in the restaurant see the full pricing only at the time they are seaed and have the menu in their hands.
    In the mean while it becomes apparent that the tool has bugs, an update is launched.

Now you finally understand?

edited December 1969

Bagoas: But DAZ guys are not blessed with clairvoyance. How should they know how much time each customer needs to make up their mind whether s/he wants to buy stuff or not? Some people decide right away, others need days and still are unable to make a final decision. So for some the sale lasted long enough, while for others it passed too quickly. But don´t worry, there will always be another sale, and maybe in the next sale you will get everything even cheaper than you would have in the previous one.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The primary definition of limited is "having a limit" . What the limit is is open, so it could be 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months or 3 years. depends on where the limit was set. Some limits are flexible.

edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:

I think part of the problem may be that DAZ stated that DS4, Hexagon, & Bryce were free for a "limited time"

How many months have they been free?

You have a point. Actually, when I read DSON is free for a limited time, I guessed it would be free at least till the end of this month, so that more Poser users - even the ones who do not visit the store on daily basis - will have the opportunity to get it for free.

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

I feel some of your pain. I got the importer for free- took a little while to make sense of it. Got a few products-was pleased-considered more-but they were on full price.
    It works fairly well in PoserPro2012 Mac- so if items I want go on sale again-I might buy. Just keep your eyes open-Daz rotates sales frequently.

• edited December 1969

Yes, saw some of the items I was looking for came on sale again.
    On sale, ex-sale, this is very annoying.

edited December 1969

Bagoas said:
    Yes, saw some of the items I was looking for came on sale again.
    On sale, ex-sale, this is very annoying.

DAZ sometimes does such random things during a sale month. So if you really want them, buy them now.