M4 Army Combat Uniform NOT WORKING

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi everyone,

Once again, it's a nightmare.
I've just bought M4 Army Combat Uniform.
But, it's just impossible to apply to Michael 4 in DAZ. Nothing happens…
I've tried with Poser2012, find the way to the content, and so on…

I'm getting bored of that. I'm sorry having no time to just searching solutions to get my things working well.

I did the 4.5 update and now, I can't find Michael or Victoria anymore !

Please anyone has a good way to use this application ?

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

I just checked because I haven't used that uniform since updating to DS 4.5
    Everything applies to M4 quite well, including boots.

How are you applying the clothing and what, if any error message do you get?
    Have you checked the log file for any messages?

• edited December 1969

Thanks Medzin,

I have now to search for Michael4 in content library.
    It founds 2 Michael4. The first doesn't work, the other has a script attached, and working when I double click on it.
    Then I search for pants. It founds two PPants_Green-soiled and two PPants_green. When I double click nothing happens or it loads and then nothing.
    I've tried with another pants I found called !ACU Pants Default, but it doesn't work.
    Well I don't know where to search now…

In Poser it finds it in user/documents/daz3d/studio/my library/content/people/michael4/clothing/us army/us army mats
    and I can apply to michael

But when try in Daz, nothing happen…

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You are applying the TEXTURE to M4. You need to find the Item that is the Clothing. Those are just the Textures for the Item of clothing.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yeah, the clothing itself should be in the figures, as it is conforming clothing

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited October 2012

As stated above, you are applying textures to M4, the clothing should be located in

\Runtime\Libraries\Character\DeepSpace3D\Clothing\US Army\ACU Boots.cr2
    \Runtime\Libraries\Character\DeepSpace3D\Clothing\US Army\ACU Boots.png
    \Runtime\Libraries\Character\DeepSpace3D\Clothing\US Army\ACU Jacket.cr2
    \Runtime\Libraries\Character\DeepSpace3D\Clothing\US Army\ACU Jacket.png
    \Runtime\Libraries\Character\DeepSpace3D\Clothing\US Army\ACU Pants.cr2
    \Runtime\Libraries\Character\DeepSpace3D\Clothing\US Army\ACU Pants.png

The 2 Michael 4's you find are the regular and one with Morphs++ attached. This is normal for most installs.

Post edited by Medzin on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

seboulba1 said:
    Hi everyone,

Once again, it's a nightmare.
    I've just bought M4 Army Combat Uniform.
    But, it's just impossible to apply to Michael 4 in DAZ. Nothing happens…
    I've tried with Poser2012, find the way to the content, and so on…

I'm getting bored of that. I'm sorry having no time to just searching solutions to get my things working well.

I did the 4.5 update and now, I can't find Michael or Victoria anymore !

Please anyone has a good way to use this application ?

I take it that you are looking in Poser Formats > My Library > Figures inside the Content Library tab for these items? That is assuming you installed to the default location. The DAZ Studio Formats will only display native DAZ Studio files, like DS, DSA, DSE etc etc.

• edited October 2012

Thanks all,

Yeah, I thought I was applying only textures.
    I found clothes here (see image) but, I can't apply them. Nothing happens. Just : nothing happens…

Another strange thing is when I search for DeepSpace3D, nothing's found…
    Maybe I should reinstall.

Capture_d’écran_2012-10-24_à_10.07_.40_.png
    1915 x 1178 - 508K
    Post edited by stephane.koguc_59613638bb on
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited October 2012

Hi seboulba1,
    I don't have this set myself, but looking at your screenshot i think you're still trying to load textures instead of the clothing itself.

(edit : i gave some incorrect information and removed it)

Post edited by BlackFeather1973 on
    edited December 1969

@seboulba1

You are still looking in the wrong place!

You need to be looking in 'Poser Formats' as explained before. These uniform items come as Poser CR2 files, and all you will see under DAZ Studio Formats are the Materials for them

• edited December 1969

Oh God, where am I ?
    Ok, I've returned to Poser, and see the path of these objects.
    I applied them to michael4 in Poser, with success.
    And when follow the same path in Daz, there's nothing, no boots, no cap…
    But they are in that folder…
    =:cD
    Am I still wrong ?
    Maybe dumb…
    Tell me…

Capture_d’écran_2012-10-24_à_16.05_.42_.png
    1882 x 660 - 139K
    Capture_d’écran_2012-10-24_à_10.07_.40_.png
    1915 x 1178 - 508K
    Poser_Pro_2012ÉcranSnapz001.jpg
    1525 x 1013 - 121K
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited October 2012

HI :)

From your screen shots, the Daz Studio image shows that your selecting the DAZ STUDIO FORMATS section,...

You should be looking in the POSER FORMATS section,... (see pic)

for me. these are installed to my Poser 6 folder,. your poser folder may be different.

The main items in this product are supplied as Poser format,. and there's also poser materials,. (in the pose folder)
    the product also comes with Daz Studio (materials) but, the main objects are only supplied Once (in poser format) since Daz Studio also loads Poser format.

Hope that makes sense :)

combat2.jpg
    1090 x 548 - 99K
    combat.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 226K
    Post edited by 3DAGE on
    edited October 2012

What I meant, was to look in DAZ Studio under Poser Formats as shown below. As I said, the objects themselves are under Poser Formats, but the DAZ Studio optimised materials are under DAZ Studio Formats. If you installed both files into the My Library folder, they should be there, but you may have installed them into a folder called content. Your image is far too big, and I cannot see the install path.

Please see below for where you should look for these items in DS4

EDIT:

Ah, I see Andy beat me to it.

You must also make sure that your folder called 'content is listed as a Poser Formats Folder in Preferences (F2).

Untitled-1.jpg
    886 x 608 - 157K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Also,... for future issues,...

Each product is supplied with a "Readme" file,. which is installed with the product,..
    Usually into a folder called "Readme" within the folder where you installed the product.
    EG: Poser / readme

This file contains a list of the file locations for all the items in the product.

If the product is supplied as Poser,... then it'll be in your Poser formats section in Daz Studio.
    If the product is only for Daz Studio,. then it'll be in the Daz Studio formats section

Hope it helps :)

• edited December 1969

No sir,
    There's no DeepSpace3D folder by this way.
    I've searched the entire folders, and the only way to find them, is the one I've shown.
    But nothing appears… As my pics can show you…

I understand what you say, but these items have been installed in the Daz folder. I can get them in Poser at this place…

edited December 1969

Select POSER FORMAT.

You should then see a "My Library" folder.

this is the area within Daz Studio which contains any "Poser format" products.
    (if the user doesn't have poser, and/or has installed a Poser format product into Daz Studio)

Inside Poser formats / My Library / Figures / Deepspace3d / ....

you should find the products there.

• edited December 1969

=:cD
    Everyone,
    I've understood what you said.
    In Daz, I go to content library, then poser formats/my library/figures/deepspace3d.
    Ok !
    When I go to content library, then poser formats/my library/figures/ there is NO deepspace3d folder.
    I just told you that I went to Poser2012 (the app), found the folder wich contains the .cr2 and apply them to Michael.
    So I know the path, now.
    I took the same path in DAZ4.5 (the app) but DAZ doesn't see anything in this folder, that's it !
    Poser2012 see them, Daz doesn't.
    With the same path, Poser2012 find the stuff but Daz doesn't.

Am I clear ?
    Because you've been clear, but I think you didn't understand me. Tell me.
    And thanks again for your answers and your time.

edited December 1969

HI,.. Yes you're clear :)

I think I see the issue.. from one of your screen shots.

the item is installed to / Daz3D / Studio / My Library / "Content"......

the "Content" folder is the older form of "My Library" ... and it shouldn't be there.

you can manually select the folders inside "Content" ... cut or copy,.. and then paste / merge them into the "My Library" folder.

or an easier solution,...
    Use the products uninstaller to remove it from Daz Studio,.
    then install it into your Poser folder.

The Poser formats' section in Daz studio will NOT show that "Content" folder, since it has nothing to do with Poser formats.
    The poser format option only looks at "Runtime" library folders, such as Figures, Hair, Poses, etc.

So, that explains why you're not seeing it in DS. .....it's in a folder which Daz Studio can't see.

Since you use Poser, then it's probably best to install any "Poser products" into your Poser Runtime folder, and have those folders set-up In Daz studio, so that you can use them in Daz Studio. as per my previous screen-shots.

I've installed this product to my Poser 6 folder,
    since it's supplied as a poser product, with additional DS materials.
    Only the DS materials are installed to my Daz Studio folders

Hope it helps :)

• edited December 1969

Thanks 3DAGE,

It doesn't work at all…
    I put it in the shared folder, I put it in the poser format folder… Nothing.
    When I install it in Poser folder, it creates a new Runtime folder, but DAZ doesn't see the thing. Textures ok but not the objects…
    I just can't find them…

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Put the folders from the Content folder in the My Library folder. I suspect the problem is that the installer is creating a spurious Content folder, so wherever you point it it won't work (since your content folder isn't called Content). There are folders (\Data and \Runtime) that have to be in the folder you've told DS (or Poser) to use as a content directory - you are supplying the first part of the location, up to the content directory, and the files themselves store the rest of it, Runtime ot Data on - so having an extra layer inevitably breaks things.

• edited October 2012

Hi Richard,
    Ok, this time I'm lost…
    I understand the installer may not do the things right.

Here (on a Mac) installer create folders in :

MyHouse/Documents/DAZ 3D /Studio/My Library/content/Runtime/Geometries/DS3D/Clothing/US Army for the .obj
    MyHouse/Documents/DAZ 3D /Studio/My Library/content/Runtime/libraries/Character/DeepSpace3D/Clothing/US Army for the .cr2 and the .png
    MyHouse/Documents/DAZ 3D /Studio/My Library/content/Runtime/libraries/Materials/Clothing ACU/ for the .mc6 and the .png
    MyHouse/Documents/DAZ 3D /Studio/My Library/content/Runtime/libraries/Pose/DeepSpace3D/US Army for the .pz2 and the .png and MAT Files
    MyHouse/Documents/DAZ 3D /Studio/My Library/content/Runtime/libraries/Props/DeepSpace3D/US Army for the .pp2 and the .png

And the content folder contains another content ! So I can't replace it…

I think I'm gonna all erase Poser, Daz and all contents and try a new install, because each pack install the things in another folder, creates new Runtime, or new Content, and really how can we just find our child in this mess…

Post edited by stephane.koguc_59613638bb on