Yikes! Aiko4 is scaring me

BurpeeBurpee Posts: 152
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I never use Aiko4 and just clicked to load her into DS3 today. This is what her eyes look like....just in time for Halloween.

Can someone tell me why this is happening or how I can fix it? Help!!

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I had this happen to me a long time ago.

It was because I had more than one V4 installed in two different runtimes. Maybe you should do a search for the V4 CR2 to see if you have that problem too?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

This usually means a problem with the installation - check that you have only one \Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder in your content directories.

• BurpeeBurpee Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone.

I can't do a simple scale fix because 'SCALE' is not in the parameters options when I select an eye but thank you for the amounts. Those numbers could definitely be handy at some point.

I will do a search for another V4 runtime. I did use to have the original V4 runtime and when they came out with V4.2 I saved the first one because she worked so well and I didn't want to lose her incase the V4.2 wasn't as good. I've since lost track of where it is because I use only V4.2 now. That is probably my issue. Thanks for the heads up.

Umm, just thinking, I probably have V4 installed in my DS studio content folder as well as my V4.2 runtime that is separate. Does this mean that I would have to delete her from one of the areas? I use Poser and DS.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

As long as Poser doesn't see the DS Runtime and DS doesn't see the Poser one, you can have both. If they see each other's Runtime, then it needs to be in only one.

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Hidden Properties? Oh my gosh, I am SO happy to know about this!! Posing is so much easier when you don't have just 'side-side' or 'twist' or 'bend'. Thank you again!!

edited October 2012

I have Windows7 Home 64 bit. When I type 'Victoria4.2.cr2' or 'Aiko4.cr2' into the search area it comes back immediately saying no matches. I don't see where I can expand the search parameters. Is there another way to search my computer?

Edit: never mind. I typed in 'v*.cr2 and it came back with what I needed.

Post edited by Burpee on
    edited December 1969

Hope I'm not being too much of a pest with all my questions.

I found that I had V4 in my Girl4 runtime. Girl4 loads with funky eyes and the back of her head caved in. I did a search for installing g4 and a4 and powerloader but came back with no results.

Do I run the power loader first or the Girl4.exe first?

Will deleting the Victoria4.2.cr2 from the Girl4 character folder fix the duplicate v4.cr2 problem or do I need to remove all parts of v4?

edited December 1969

The problem is multiple runtimes with a "Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4" folder. All V4 morphs need to be installed to the same Runtime.

edited December 1969

I've deleted all !Daz/V4 folders and V4.cr2s that I could find in Girl4 runtime and Studio/content/runtime but Aiko4 still loads funky in Poser and DS. I do not find any other instances of either on my computer. I have to be missing something.

I want to keep my V4.2 runtime because it is the one I use the most and can be used in DS and Poser. Not sure what to do now. I'd like to get it fixed because of the misshaped head on G4 and A4 but I suppose hair would cover that.

Would still like to know if I need to reinstall G4 into my V4 folder, do I use the powerloader first or install G4.exe first?

edited December 1969

Install all V4 morphs into the V4 runtime, and make sure the initialization succeeds.

edited December 1969

Hey Mike, thanks for answering though I'm not quite sure of the full meaning. Are you speaking of when I reinstall G4 to the V4 runtime or all V4 morphs on my computer to the V4 runtime. As far as I can see running 'search' all V4 instances are only in the V4 runtime now.

edited December 1969

Burpee said:
    Hey Mike, thanks for answering though I'm not quite sure of the full meaning. Are you speaking of when I reinstall G4 to the V4 runtime or all V4 morphs on my computer to the V4 runtime. As far as I can see running 'search' all V4 instances are only in the V4 runtime now.

You want to install G4 and A4 to the V4 Runtime. You can keep their clothing and accessories in separate runtimes if you like (although since they all fit V4 I prefer to keep them together), but the A4 base and G4 base must be installed to the V4 runtime.

edited December 1969

I did not know that A4 and G4's clothing fit V4...that is excellent...thank you. Will just merge those three folders into one.

edited December 1969

I copied both Aiko4 and Girl4 runtimes into the V4 runtime then deleted them. In Poser9 Aiko still has funky eyes. I only tell it to look for V4 in the V4 runtime, not in DS studio files (which I believe I've deleted all of). Is there somewhere else I am not thinking of or my search can't find?

edited December 1969

I get an error message when trying to install G4 into the V4 runtime. It says that initialization was NOT successful.

error_install_G4.jpg
    482 x 334 - 46K
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

This is what I have issues with Windows7. It has never allowed me to copy to Program folders or move Program folders. I have gone into the permissions and try to set myself as admin. but it still won't let me because it won't let me finish changing the permissions.

I'm cleaning, installing, fixing, putting stuff away and moving stuff around on my computer at the moment. Nows the time to try and figure this out again. I tried once and did not succeed with permissions. I haven't even succeeded with Aiko4 and Girl4...those two still aren't right and I've been all through my files. It's quite frustrating. I need a teenager to fix my computer, lol.