Free offer downloads still have to be purchased?

eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,
I ordered DAZ studio. Gratefully DAZ offered it for free.
The Program came with downloads for aniMate 2 and Daz decimator

So, I installed all of it.

Now the problem: when running DAZ Studio I always get the pop-up that the registration of aniMate 2 and Daz decimator have expired and I need to register them.
How to do that?

Which numbers do I have to fill in?

Comments

• mattiascibienmattiascibien Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

Animate 2 is actually a paid plugin even in DAZPro, keep it enalbed, however, since, when trial ends, you get Animate Lite which can be a nice addition to your software.

Same for DAZ Decimator but it should be removed since you have to buy it for use it. It cannot be included in DAZ Pro due to licensing issues with the author of the plugin.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Only the AniMator2 plugin ever worked for you. As stated it was a Trial of that Plugin and to open the FULL version again you will need to buy it from the store and then enter the serial number you get with your purchase.

Decimator was never ON unless you had a serial number for it.

You can stop the Pop up with the Check box in the lower left corner. You will still be able to enter the serial numbers in the Help> About installed Plugins Menu at any time in the future.

• eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Interesting they put it into the list of downloads if it isnt free

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio Pro was not always free, it was quite expensive in fact.

Lots of us bought Decimator and Animate, so would need the latest versions of the pkugin. I don't think Decimator comes with the current download though, if it does, it shouldn't. I had to reset my download for Decimator to get the latest version.

Animate2 works for 30 days as the full version, and then reverts to Animate Lite. It has always been a paid for plugin, and I just bought it recently mayself in fact.

There is nothing sneaky going on here I can assure you. Bryce 7 Pro and Hexagon are also free, and they were also paid for items until very recently. Lots of the members here did pay for them, me included.

edited December 1969

Thanks Jimmy,

I think I will uninstall DAZ studio anyway. I find it somehow difficult to handle and I am more into technical structures than in people.
    With Bryce I have all the tools I can use in front of me and with DAZ studio: I dont know whats there and how it works.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Daz Studio is a very useful add on to have when using Bryce, especially if you want figures in your images.

Of course you could use Poser to do the same, but DS is already bridged to Bryce, makes it easier for new users. (or so I am told.)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Daz Studio is a very useful add on to have when using Bryce, especially if you want figures in your images.

Of course you could use Poser to do the same, but DS is already bridged to Bryce, makes it easier for new users. (or so I am told.)
    Yes, IF you want figures but when do "I" want figures?
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

IT depends what sort of images you want to do of course, but altough I do mainly landscape type images I do like to have figures in them, things like people or animals to add some interest to a landscape. I also sometimes will use DAZ 3D props, architecture and such to spice up my renders, although other times I will build everything myself in Bryce.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    IT depends what sort of images you want to do of course, but altough I do mainly landscape type images I do like to have figures in them, things like people or animals to add some interest to a landscape. I also sometimes will use DAZ 3D props, architecture and such to spice up my renders, although other times I will build everything myself in Bryce.
    Yes, some like people in it while I usually dont.
    Even when I go and take photographs its mostly stills without people in it.
    I have just uninstalled DAZ studio because I find it difficult to handle and I anyway dont really enjoy doing people.