Partial morph producing strange problem

rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99

Why would a partial morph produced in Hexagon to a Genesis lower body cause a degree of distortion to other body parts such as the fingers and face when imported into Studio 4.5 via Morph Loader Pro?

Grateful for any suggestions.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

Did you smooth the base mesh in hexagon? Did you use the same preset going out from and back into DS?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Does the partial morph involve any scaling..if so, did you adjust the rigging to shape after applying it? Extreme moving of parts/vertices? Do the same thing...

I noticed that helps with lots of oddities that happen after doing sculpted morphs, even if you don't think you've moved things around enough to matter...

• rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Did you smooth the base mesh in hexagon? Did you use the same preset going out from and back into DS?

No smoothing applied in Hexagon and the same preset was used from and back.

edited December 1969

Does the partial morph involve any scaling..if so, did you adjust the rigging to shape after applying it? Extreme moving of parts/vertices? Do the same thing...

Aha I did not adjust the rigging - must now discover what rigging changes are necessary. Fair amount of vertice movement but not too extreme.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Nope...just go to Edit > Figure > Rigging > Adjust Rigging to Shape...with your morphed Genesis selected and click...a box with a progress bare will pop up and when done, everything should fit right.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

Remember that having adjusted the rigging you need to do an ERC freeze to link the rigging changes to your morph.

edited December 1969

MJC and Richard, many thanks. I located Niccipb's excellent guide to creating a shape based from an exported obj from DS which covers the application of ERC freeze in detail.

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,671
    edited December 1969

MJC and Richard, many thanks. I located Niccipb's excellent guide to creating a shape based from an exported obj from DS which covers the application of ERC freeze in detail.

Where is possible to find this guide?

edited December 1969

Where is possible to find this guide?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7953/#106132