Fire in DS4.5

Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Here is a quick example from an upcoming plugin for DS4 (not mine, I'm just a tester). I've blackened the surroundings to highlight the effect. More as I generate them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CnX_KJc-8k&feature=youtu.be

Kendall

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

smoking!

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 458
    edited December 1969

Nice...Check your email later...

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

foleypro said:
    Nice...Check your email later...

My email auto-checks and notifies me of new mail every 5 minutes. :-)

Kendall

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

code for "Sent to Daz3d O&A" is that? :P

edited December 1969

ParticleFX RonsFire converted

This is a test using Rons Flames Package after converting thru PSP to use in ParticleFX DS4.5

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited October 2012

The particle effect looks very promising, Kendall! But the shading could use some improvement, honestly. Can you share moar, plzzzzz?
    edit: Regarding shading, The Gimp has a "gold" palette that might help in narrowing down better colours for the flames.

Post edited by ReDave on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    The particle effect looks very promising, Kendall! But the shading could use some improvement, honestly. Can you share moar, plzzzzz?
    edit: Regarding shading, The Gimp has a "gold" palette that might help in narrowing down better colours for the flames.

I can share more soon. What I posted was just quick default settings. Since he's posted to this thread as well, I guess it's OK to let the cat out of the bag... This is from ParticleFX! for DS4.5. Excellent plugin! I'll be posting other pieces as I compose them.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Oh, I thought these were two different products. :-S Hmm, so how many particles can you get going at the same time?

edited December 1969

Great news the Problem with Scene saving in duf format has been fixed and will be in the next update...Hopefully sometime this week...

New Textures and Presets coming too...
    Fightinthe shade will be renamed to arrow Storm..Arrow objects now in presets...Think the movie "300"
    Smoke presets...
    New Fire and Rocket Presets...
    Working on the gunfire Presets...Will be New...

Thanks for Being the Man...

edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    Oh, I thought these were two different products. :-S Hmm, so how many particles can you get going at the same time?

I have had 7 different Particle emitters going at the same time...I did run into memory issue's on my OLD and Slow computer running dual quads and only 3 gigs Ram and a gig NVidia.....

edited December 1969

Cool, Arrow Storm sounds exciting!