Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This one is a test of the armors...

Colation_Armor.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 486K
    edited December 1969

And then I have this early test render of Bruuna as a member of my Super team...

LillyBruuna.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    edited December 1969

This was a Steam Puck clothing Kit bash from standard items...

Kit_Bash_Hi-02.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Wow Jaderail! Great stuff man! It's good to see you getting back into it :cheese: I like the genre variety, a really good range :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I agree, more renders, less talking. We need more stuff like this. :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

I think my AADD shows in my renders, It's hard for me to stick to one theme very long. I think the Spooky Creepy thing in Parts for Ivy's Spooky thread was the longest I've done in over a year. And it's not finished.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Very nice kitbash! The outfit really looks like it was designed to go together like that.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I agree, more renders, less talking. We need more stuff like this. :coolgrin:
    LOL! What's the matter Chohole? Is that lead slowly fading? Hmmmm?
    edited December 1969

Very nice kitbash! The outfit really looks like it was designed to go together like that.
    Thank you Scott, I did it for the Machpak thread when it was holding a contest (or one of those shader packs).
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Great work, Jaderail. Of course your Super team has to have Bruuna.

edited October 2012

AtticAnne said:
    Great work, Jaderail. Of course your Super team has to have Bruuna.
    Look at her Anne. Trauma could eat a apple off her head. Of course it would depend on the powers I rolled up for her, yes folks I use MSHRPG for my characters. Plus she was not in the real games my comic was based on. I need to get Gen X and transfer all my Gen4 stuff so I could think about my comic book again but do it with Genesis and 4.5.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Nice works Jaderail, I guess i can add you to my list of artist i hate for being to good ;)
    really though its you guys that inspire us amateurs.

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Nice works Jaderail, I guess i can add you to my list of artist i hate for being to good ;)
    really though its you guys that inspire us amateurs.
    Oh come off it, compared to you I'm the amateur and you know it.
    edited December 1969

Just a fun Render drop...Testing stuff for a much bigger render challenge.

Harpoon.png
    1209 x 931 - 1M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Good to see you are up at it again !

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Good to see you are up at it again !
    Thank you, I forgot how much work this can be. Fun but work.
    edited October 2012

DS 4.5.1.6 Light test. This was done just to see if Uber Area lights were working again.

Items used in render:
    Level 19 Bay Doors
    Sci-Fi Construction Set #1 Large floor 3

Light set up used:
    1 Distant light rotated and set 100% white and Intensity set to 8% for ambient fill
    3 Uber Area Tube lights scaled and positioned. All colors set RED, Basic Intensity set to 200%, Samples set to 128, Falloff set ON, Falloff End set to 800.

This has been a test.

Level_19_test.png
    1400 x 1400 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    DS 4.5.1.6 Light test. This was done just to see if Uber Area lights were working again.

Items used in render:
    Level 19 Bay Doors
    Sci-Fi Construction Set #1 Large floor 3

Light set up used:
    1 Distant light rotated and set 100% white and Intensity set to 8% for ambient fill
    3 Uber Area Tube lights scaled and positioned. All colors set RED, Basic Intensity set to 200%, Samples set to 128, Falloff set ON, Falloff End set to 800.

This has been a test.

Thanks for the info Jader! I was well and truly behind schedule with news7 so I didn't play any more with the light tubes... Though I will be trying again for episode 2

edited December 1969

It was fun and quick. I had not used the Tube light before so I learned I like it very much.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    It was fun and quick. I had not used the Tube light before so I learned I like it very much.

I couldn't get it to light up. So it made me grumpy lol! Haven't touched it since haha

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Nice that you left the Fall OFF start at 0...a common mistake made. :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I learned that one the hard way a long time ago.
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

What do you mean? Does it have to be set at 0... or does it have to be set with a decent value? I couldn't get it to light up at all!

edited October 2012

Just leave Falloff Start at 0 or your light will be freaky. Just put a good value in Falloff End.
    Here is a snap of the important parts on the light.

Help.png
    172 x 448 - 17K
    edited December 1969

Leave the Fall Off Start at 0 for best results. There is nothing wrong in adjusting it as it depends on what look you want. From memory leaving it at 0 and setting the Fall Off End value will give to the proper ratio of light fall off. Start messing with the Start and this ratio alters unless you are a math geek. :)

The thing with Area Lighting is A: the Ambient Has to be turned on, even though the ambient strength can be 0%, it must be turned on. B: the light direction is governed by which way the normals are facing. So for example take sphere, it will emit light outward the direction of the normals. Scale it in a negative value (turning it inside out) will reverse the normals and light inward, making a niffy environment light. Especially when you apply the sky/ground map to the sphere in the Diffuse Colour Channel at 0% Strength, Ambient Colour Channel set to 100% Strength and in to the Light Colour Channel. Set the light to about 500 first and adjust. It will depend on the size of the sphere.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Just leave Falloff Start at 0 or your light will be freaky. Just put a good value in Falloff End.
    Here is a snap of the important parts on the light.

Ah... Now that's prob why my light was non-existent.

1 - I mostly had a value on fall off start.
    2 - I didn't set the fall off end high enough
    3 - The highest I went with samples was 80.

edited December 1969

With the right Advanced Render settings I have never needed to go above 32 samples.. Humm I might try that with lower render setting and see the dif.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Leave the Fall Off Start at 0 for best results. There is nothing wrong in adjusting it as it depends on what look you want. From memory leaving it at 0 and setting the Fall Off End value will give to the proper ratio of light fall off. Start messing with the Start and this ratio alters unless you are a math geek. :)

The thing with Area Lighting is A: the Ambient Has to be turned on, even though the ambient strength can be 0%, it must be turned on. B: the light direction is governed by which way the normals are facing. So for example take sphere, it will emit light outward the direction of the normals. Scale it in a negative value (turning it inside out) will reverse the normals and light inward, making a niffy environment light. Especially when you apply the sky/ground map to the sphere in the Diffuse Colour Channel at 0% Strength, Ambient Colour Channel set to 100% Strength and in to the Light Colour Channel. Set the light to about 500 first and adjust. It will depend on the size of the sphere.

Thanks man. My diffuse by default is grey and set at 100%... I didnt change it... May have been one of my issues.

I also had the light very close to a wall... Can that cause problems too? or is that fine?

edited October 2012

The reason I use 128 for samples is it matches the Uber Enviro Hi Quality setting.

Edit: your placement should be fine. In the render mine are Propped to the Wall fixtures.

edited October 2012

You don't need to set the Diffuse to 0% for everything, just that example of the area environment sphere. The reason I do that is so the light coming from the sphere will not light up the sphere more than it needs.

A Diffuse of Grey shouldn't matter.

Light too close to the wall, depending on the shape of the mesh, if a plane and the light is pint toward the wall then yes that would be an issue.

Area lighting is what other software call Mesh based lighting. Providing the normals are correct any mesh can be used to emit light. You can treat the surfaces just like other surfaces. You can put a transmap in and hide parts of the mesh etc.

Post edited by Szark on