I accidentally "Saved Modified Assets", and now my Genesis won't return to normal.

TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Exactly as the title says, I accidentally used the "Save Modified Assets" option on a pre-shaped Genesis, and now I can't get it to return to normal. I've tried reinstalling Genesis multiple times, but regardless of what I do he now loads up as a short, muscle man with a goofy smile.

I've tried resetting the figure and using the "Save Modified Assets" option again, but then it tells me that none of the assets have been modified!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

When you load Genesis, you should go to the Parameters tab, and select the 'Currently Used' option to see what these morphs are called. You could then look for them in the morphs folder, and delete them, at least that is what I would do.

There may be another way, but that is perhaps the easiest.

Someone else may have a better idea?

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Doesn't that mean I have to reinstall them though?

edited October 2012

I don;t mean to delete ALL the morphs, just the ones you created and saved as modified assets

EDIT:

I just read your first post again. Reset Genesis, and then save it as a .DUF file, and replace the original one with it. Surely that would work? Make sure that you save the original Genesis.DUF file first just in case.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited October 2012

I'VE FOUND THE SOLUTION!

1. Reset Genesis to default.
    2. "Save As -> Support Asset -> Figure/Prop Assets".
    3. Default settings.
    4. Save as "Genesis" (might not be necessary). Doesn't matter where you save it to.

This causes the previously overwritten assets to get overwritten again. Now the Genesis figure loads just like it used to.

Thank god.

I really wish Daz would get around to writing some actual documentation for these features, especially since it's easy to mess up Genesis if you don't know what you're doing.

EDIT: @Jimmy: That doesn't work, as it's not the main file that is altered, but all of the smaller files that Genesis references (which I guess are the 'assets' the option is referring to).

Post edited by TheNathanParable on
    edited October 2012

I have been trying this myself, I copied the original Genesis.DUF to another place, and I changed (morphed) Genesis using varius odd shapes with some of the GenX morphs, and original Genesis morphs. It would not save as a Modified Asset, as it said nothing has changed? I don;t get it either, I don't know how you managed to do it?

Thanks for posting the solution, if I don;t stop messing areound with Genesis, I am liable to need it as well :)

EDIT:

My original idea was to do a 'diff' between the two Genesis files when it went belly up, but I see that wouldn't have worled anyway.

Thanks again.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,844
    edited October 2012

"Save Modified Assets.." wont work if all you've done is spun some dials, so for you to have got it to work means you've been ****ing about with them in either the Property Editor, or changed things with the dial's cog in the Parameters tab.

Simple remedy, find the dial of one of the offending morphs in the Parameters tab, set it back to zero, click on the dial's cog and select "parameter settings", pick one of the color bars and change the color in it, ie if it says 90,90,90 make it 91,91,91, and then click "Accept", do this for all of the problem morphs and then use "Save Modified Assets..".

Post edited by Bejaymac on
    edited October 2012

I only altered one parameter, one I had added myself (a morph I had added using Morph Loader). And yet, oddly enough, that parameter was one of the few changes it didn't actually include, while some (but not all) of the other morphs I had used (including a couple of GenX morphs, and some of the standard limb scaling morphs) were included, and I never messed (or ****ed) around with those parameters. On top of that, the overall size of the figure was set to 103%.

Either way, I've already solved the issue in a way which thankfully doesn't require changing the parameters of each affected morph. I even managed to get my custom morph to work (as in, it's now there whenever I load up Genesis without having to reapply it with Morph loader) by saving it as a Figure/Prop Asset.

Post edited by TheNathanParable on