Basic Child Clothing

digitelldigitell Posts: 558
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi, I cant seem to find any clothing for the basic child and is DSON compatible. Also..are there any character morphs that are DSON compatible for the basic child? I love that Genesis in now available for Poser! There are the boxers and the tshirts available that came with the DSON package but I cannot find any cute cloths for the child or any character morphs that will work in Poser using the DSON..any one know where I might find some? I tried to use the newest update to Daz Studio to convert a pair of pants as DSON..it created a .duf file with a .png file. I placed those files with the other clothing files where the boxer and t-shirt files are, but they will not show up in my poser library ..so I am not that knowledgeable about how to convert my own clothing from Daz Studio into the DSON files so I can use them in Poser. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I have some free Genesis clothing which is suitable for children. It is in the old Daz format so don't know if you can use it or not. See link in my signature.

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    I have some free Genesis clothing which is suitable for children. It is in the old Daz format so don't know if you can use it or not. See link in my signature.

Thank you Wendy..wow! Very generous of you. Thanks so much for these clothing items. They can be used in Daz Studio..but cannot use them in Poser..however..I am certain there are others who may view this thread that will LOVE these items! Thanks so much Wendy! :)
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Pity the PlatClub's Genesis clothes don't seem to be DSON-compatible yet, Casual 1950 fGM / Cool and Squaresville have a nice jeans/t-shirt combo that look great on the G-kid. Till then, Town'n'Country fG has jeans, cowboy boots, and a shirt both tucked & untucked. Casual Surfwear fG has flip-flops, shorts, and a tank-top. If there are DSON-compatible sneakers out there I haven't found 'em, sorry.

edited December 1969

Pity the PlatClub's Genesis clothes don't seem to be DSON-compatible yet, Casual 1950 fGM / Cool and Squaresville have a nice jeans/t-shirt combo that look great on the G-kid. Till then, Town'n'Country fG has jeans, cowboy boots, and a shirt both tucked & untucked. Casual Surfwear fG has flip-flops, shorts, and a tank-top. If there are DSON-compatible sneakers out there I haven't found 'em, sorry.

Hi KickAir-Thanks! Yeppers..I got all the items you listed that will work..I am looking too for sneakers and some cute outfits that will work with the kiddys..maybe there will be some available "soon" ;)
    edited December 1969

digitell said:

Hi KickAir-Thanks! Yeppers..I got all the items you listed that will work..I am looking too for sneakers and some cute outfits that will work with the kiddys..maybe there will be some available "soon" ;)
    Not if you keep using the s-word they won't! :shut:

On your character question, I've found that some makeup-free woman's skins work reasonably well for kids of both genders. As for morphs, I've used the Ethnicity fG bundle on g-kids to good effect, also the Genesis Head Morph Resource Kits 1 / 2 / 3 should come in handy.

edited December 1969

digitell said:

Not if you keep using the s-word they won't! :shut:

On your character question, I've found that some makeup-free woman's skins work reasonably well for kids of both genders. As for morphs, I've used the Ethnicity fG bundle on g-kids to good effect, also the Genesis Head Morph Resource Kits 1 / 2 / 3 should come in handy.
    Wow this will help alot! Thank you so much for your help KickAir! :)

edited December 1969

Grrrr...now the store is not working!! The links are just taking me to the text only pages of the website map!! Grrrr!! :(

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

I've been getting the big grey screen text only thing as well. Echo the grrr but the staff should be in and hopefully have it corrected s, um, ASAP so we can go shopping.

edited December 1969

Penname said:
    I've been getting the big grey screen text only thing as well. Echo the grrr but the staff should be in and hopefully have it corrected s, um, ASAP so we can go shopping.

Thanks for confirming Penname! At least I know I am not the only one now :)
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

The store problems seem to be regional/dns related, which probably means problems with the cloud servers/mirroring. It seems to move around and happen when ever they do work on the site. Probably propagation errors that will resolve themselves given enough time...so be patient.

That grey and text links seems to be what the site looks like in raw html with no style sheet...kind of like everything used to look 20 yrs ago.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    The store problems seem to be regional/dns related, which probably means problems with the cloud servers/mirroring. It seems to move around and happen when ever they do work on the site. Probably propagation errors that will resolve themselves given enough time...so be patient.

That grey and text links seems to be what the site looks like in raw html with no style sheet...kind of like everything used to look 20 yrs ago.

OK thanks! I will just keep checking back from time to time then :)
  • Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

The last step in making things work in Poser is to create the poser companion files - the doc says how to do that - and then you will be able to find things in your figures library in Poser.

I'm working on making my Mini Pinny set DSON-compatible but I still have a step or two before I'm ready to send it to QA...

edited December 1969

Hi Canary3d. Thanks for your reply..which doc are you referring to please..would love to read it so I can figure this out! Thanks again! :)

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_content_conversion/start

Lots of useful stuff in the dson user guide - this is the section on converting content.

edited December 1969

Canary3d said:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_content_conversion/start

Lots of useful stuff in the dson user guide - this is the section on converting content.

Thanks Canary3d..I did find the guide and have tried using it today and here is the thread where I posted my results..
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10207/
    Not been having much luck but Richard siays the Basic Child is broken in Poser..something about morphs not working properly..so ...* shrugs*..thanks again! :)
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    Canary3d said:

Thanks Canary3d..I did find the guide and have tried using it today and here is the thread where I posted my results..
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10207/
    Not been having much luck but Richard siays the Basic Child is broken in Poser..something about morphs not working properly..so ...* shrugs*..thanks again! :)
    By the time they get it working hopefully this will be DSON-compatible!
    edited December 1969

Oh yeah those are really cute! :)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Mada has a great set of sneakers available at her faerywylde store for $4

Sneakers for Genesis

Not DSON compat as yet, but I know she's doing that to some of her other stuff, so you could always shoot her a PM and see if she was doing it for the sneakers.