Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Okay, great!! Good luck with those seams!

bluto said:
    mylochka , i think the bodysuit works wonderfully well with the cardy uniform in mind .
    i that note i think in going to have to go back and re work the uniform , no matter what i try , it want to come apart at the seems
    so if at first you dont succeed, .......
    back to the modeler . post some progress pix soon gang

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble with the installer for old files downloaded from the new store not working?

Also, I wish the site wouldn't make me re-log in every time I come back to the page...
    Does everyone else see a grey page for the forum? I miss the old black page I used to see when I was logged in. Somehow it was easier to read. I do like how the new form has the bold italic and underline buttons within easy reach. You can change the size and color pretty easily too.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

There's a fix for the corrupted downloads here: http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/FixDaz.zip.html

What browser do you use? I use Color My Site in Firefox to invert the forum colors.

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

it is more of a ng look but i like the tos uniform. i like mixing the two a little

• blutobluto Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

ok guys i think i need a little help here, i need to find someone that knows how to rig clothing for poser.
    i spent the better part of the morning re building the bardassian battel vest .,
    i am much much happier with this mesh than the previous one however i just cant seem to get it to a turn into a conforming clothing figure it wants to split at the seams between body parts when posed

Render_1_(25).jpg
    800 x 492 - 32K
    edited December 1969

it also fits nicely over the m4 bodysuit

cardy_vest_77.jpg
    800 x 492 - 51K
  • edited December 1969

Bluto that looks awesome.

Now this next statement will most likely reveal my extreme ignorance of how clothing works, but I think the breast plates are rigid armor on the Cardassians. If you make it conforming, won't that make it bend and re-shape to the models torso? I am asking for my own understanding, not trying to be critical of your terminology.

Thanks for making this armor :cheese:

edited December 1969

that is right , if the clothing conforms then it moves with the figure it is conforms too . that also means in theory when that figure is posed there should be minimized poke through

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    ok guys i think i need a little help here, i need to find someone that knows how to rig clothing for poser.
    i spent the better part of the morning re building the bardassian battel vest .,
    i am much much happier with this mesh than the previous one however i just cant seem to get it to a turn into a conforming clothing figure it wants to split at the seams between body parts when posed

First off, were you bitten by a bat as a child ;).

The vest looks great! Really nice textures and details. As for it splitting at the seams, it sounds like you have the groups separated in the mesh - you probably just need to weld your points, so as the mesh moves, one group stays attached to the adjacent group(s).

edited December 1969

how did you guess , it was very tragic ,
    the batt did not survive ,it died of bluto poisoning .
    be that as it may ,

i still have no idea how to weld the groups together in the poser figure rigging tool . it groups the prop but i really havent any idea how to weld the groups

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Anyone remember who built the model of the Aqua shuttle? I'm working on the credits for Part 3 of "A Tale of Two Captains" and I want to give credit for it.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

another render

thinking of doing a series kinda like baseball cards

Enterprise-card-ltjg-female1sm.jpg
    800 x 458 - 378K
  • Charlie TunaCharlie Tuna Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

That's quite a group, how long did it take to put it together?

edited December 1969

another card series one

ussVenture-command-lt-cmndr-1sm.jpg
    800 x 461 - 193K
  • murbymurby Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Bluto, cool cardassian clothing :)

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited June 2012

I was on vacation last week in DC and went to the National Cathedral. They have a stained glass window that is called the Space Window, featuring a piece of moon rock embedded in the window as part of the design. I had never heard of it before and thought you guys might like to see it. It could be a cool feature to have in Star Trek set.

edit: The moon rock is the small, black item in the middle of the large red circle

SW1_RS.jpg
    600 x 800 - 410K
    SW2_RS.jpg
    600 x 800 - 408K
    Post edited by Timbales on
    edited December 1969

Thanks!

There's a fix for the corrupted downloads here: http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/FixDaz.zip.html

What browser do you use? I use Color My Site in Firefox to invert the forum colors.

edited December 1969

I think it was Drell

mdbruffy said:
    Anyone remember who built the model of the Aqua shuttle? I'm working on the credits for Part 3 of "A Tale of Two Captains" and I want to give credit for it.
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Yup, that was Drell-7 :)

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited December 1969

For those that are interested. I've posted the 2nd page to my webcomic on my blog.

It can be found here: The Final Frontier

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Pages will go up on a weekly basis (usually Monday). Some weeks I will have postings mid-week. These postings will be bout the characters, concepts, and other stuff that make up the universe of The Final Frontier.

edited June 2012

A third card

twok-reliant-card-1sm.jpg
    800 x 461 - 181K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

mylochka said:
    I think it was Drell

mdbruffy said:

Thanks, Mylochka.

Now, then, I see they still haven't solved the e-bot problem. I have not received a notice of any posts since page 7. If I hadn't come by way of my bookmark, I still would not know that someone's answered my post. :-(

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

The problem is not with the e-bots, it is with log-ins. I have not once missed a notification since I started making sure I was ACTUALLY logged in when viewing the thread. If you're not logged in, it doesn't know you visited, and so it thinks you still haven't come from the last notifier it sent you.

edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    The problem is not with the e-bots, it is with log-ins. I have not once missed a notification since I started making sure I was ACTUALLY logged in when viewing the thread. If you're not logged in, it doesn't know you visited, and so it thinks you still haven't come from the last notifier it sent you.

Still, I don't like a machine deciding for me when to unsubscribe. Once you start following a thread, it should continue to notify you till YOU decide to stop.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    bwaomega said:

Still, I don't like a machine deciding for me when to unsubscribe. Once you start following a thread, it should continue to notify you till YOU decide to stop.

The problem is that instead of sending you an ebot every time someone posts, it sends you one for the first new post, then doesn't send you another until you visit the thread. If it didn't know you were logged in, it doesn't know you visited.

edited December 1969

and yet one more card

ussinsignia-lt-engineering-1sm.jpg
    800 x 461 - 392K
    edited December 1969

render done for Turbulence1973 Star Trek - Gamma Fleet Operations GFO. over at DA

http://turbulence1973.deviantart.com/journal/Star-Trek-Gamma-Fleet-Operations-269989115

USS Monitor - Standing Stones on Denatu V

GFO-Monitor-ancientstones1sm.jpg
    800 x 461 - 417K
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited December 1969

For those that are interested. I've posted the 2nd page to my webcomic on my blog.

It can be found here: The Final Frontier

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Pages will go up on a weekly basis (usually Monday). Some weeks I will have postings mid-week. These postings will be bout the characters, concepts, and other stuff that make up the universe of The Final Frontier.

Thanks for the page views, folks. I would appreciate some comments though to let me know how I'm doing so far...

This discussion has been closed.