Zippy's mote & baily question

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am having the darnedest time getting Zippy's mote & bailey to load in anything ... DS3, Poser 7, Hexagon ... anything. I need it for two book projects and nothing I do is working.

Any one else experience this?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=64257

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I just tried opening one of the obj files in PropViewer and it wouldn't open, so it appears that the underlying geometry files are corrupt.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    I just tried opening one of the obj files in PropViewer and it wouldn't open, so it appears that the underlying geometry files are corrupt.

At least it's good to know I'm not the one screwing up ... lol.

edited December 1969

Tried several other Zippy items and they seem to be working fine...so it's most likely a corrupted file on the upload end of things.

I have an older copy of it, probably from his site that works...at least the objs will load. Haven't checked to see if the scene file itself works or anything.

But the copy from Rendo doesn't.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Tried several other Zippy items and they seem to be working fine...so it's most likely a corrupted file on the upload end of things.

I have an older copy of it, probably from his site that works...at least the objs will load. Haven't checked to see if the scene file itself works or anything.

But the copy from Rendo doesn't.

Do you have the link to his site? I know he doesn't offer support on his freebies, but if the one on his site is working, I'd like to try it. :D

edited October 2012

All I have is the link to his old site that doesn't seem to exist any longer...I'll see if I can find something...hang on, I'll have to go through several ReadMes in his zips...

The only link I can find is this...

http://www.zippys3dmodels.co.uk

and I get a 'server cannot be found' error.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    All I have is the link to his old site that doesn't exist anylonger...I'll see if I can find something...hang on, I'll have to go through several ReadMes in his zips...

Thanks for all of the trouble. It's amazing there are no mote/bailey style castles to buy ... lol.

edited December 1969

Yeah, well....found a bunch in the Sketchup warehouse...but none them looked all that great.

Found another that may be this type, on a British site...but the link is dead.

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

I am having the darnedest time getting Zippy's mote & bailey to load in anything ... DS3, Poser 7, Hexagon ... anything. I need it for two book projects and nothing I do is working.

I loaded the included Poser scene file and it loaded just fine in Poser Pro 2012. I had to point Poser to the geometry and texture folders of Zippy's but after that all was well. Loading the individual files from the library does not seem to work.

Strange that the scene file works but the actual cr2 does not.

Well, anyway, the scene files works, so not a total loss.

edited December 1969

I was loading the individual objs and they refused to load...so there is something definitely screwy with the file on the Rendo servers. With the old copy I have I can load the objs just fine...haven't tried the cr2 or pz3.

edited December 1969

I loaded the included Poser scene file and it loaded just fine in Poser Pro 2012. I had to point Poser to the geometry and texture folders of Zippy's but after that all was well. Loading the individual files from the library does not seem to work.

Strange that the scene file works but the actual cr2 does not.

Well, anyway, the scene files works, so not a total loss.

When I tried the scene file, it has to find all of the textures, then tells me there isn't enough memory or some such.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited October 2012

I downloaded the file from rendo and put it in my runtime, then I went to the character folder ,and opened up the Cr2 in Notepad++,searched for .obj ,there are only 2 lines and the 2nd one has it looking in the character file for the .obj ,change that to Geometries .When I click on the icon now,it tells me it can't find the obj ,but once I point it at the file in geometries it loads ok. I forgot to add this is in DS3
    Typeing this out I had a aaahhhAAA moment and went back and checked ,when in Notepad++, you go to the second .obj line,remove :libraries:and change character to geometries ,it will work fine.

Post edited by carrie58 on