Smart content disappeared.

flashbackflashback Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Last month I had to rebuild my computer and have been hit by several errors.
I'm not sure when it happened exactly , but my Smart Content has stopped showing up.
I've tried re-setting the database, re-importing metadata .....nothing.
If anyone has had this problem or knows why this is happening please tell me as it is driving me crazy.
I'm off to work now so won't be able to respond til tonight.
Thanks, flashback.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You don't say what OS you are using?

Smart Content relies upon the CMS (Content Management Service) running as a process. If you are using Windows of some type, look in the Task Manager to see if the process is running, if not, then you will have to start it from Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D > Content Management. Smart Content will not work without it.

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm using Win7 and yes the CMS is running.

edited October 2012

Does your Content Library look like the image below, is there a little triangle beside Products and Categories. If not, the CMS is not running, and you may need to uninstall it, and re-install DS4.

If you do have the triangles as shown, then select Content DB Maintenance from the dropdown menu in the Content Library Tab as shown below, and Reimport Metadata.

Untitled-1.jpg
    668 x 484 - 94K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Does your Content Library look like the image below, is there a little triangle beside Products and Categories. If not, the CMS is not running, and you may need to uninstall it, and re-install DS4.

If you do have the triangles as shown, then select Content DB Maintenance from the dropdown menu in the Content Library Tab as shown below, and Reimport Metadata.
    What Image? I think you forgot something.
    edited December 1969

Thanks Geoff, what a silly sleepy boy I am, bedtime I think.

Sorry flashback, I blame the tablets :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Sorry flashback, I blame the tablets :)

You have an iPad and an Android tablet?

edited December 1969

:-)

It does sound a bit like that. Nice to start the day with a laugh.

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Should I do a manual uninstall? Or just re-run the DS4 installer and let it uninstall?
    If I go manual, should I uninstall in a particular order (CMS first then DS4 or....)

This is all very upsetting/confusing as this is the first time I've had major problems with any iteration of DS, and I found DAZ just before DS2 came out.

edited December 1969

I usually uninstall CMS manually, then let the installer automatically uninstall the rest.

edited December 1969

I don't know if resetting your Database will lose your Categories or not, it didn't for me, but that is a bit risky if you have a lot of work invested in it.

If that all fails, you need to manually uninstall the CMS first, the DS installer does not replace it. Then reinstall your DS version, and it will install the latest version of the CMS for you.

Hang around for a little while, and I'll see if I can get someone else who uses Categories to help you.

edited December 1969

Uninstalling the CMS doesn't remove the database, DS 4,5 added the ability to export User Data, but if CMS isn't working you won't be able to do that. Once you do get it working, I recommend exporting user data, so that if there's a problem with the database you aren't restarting from scratch.

edited December 1969

Thanks Mike. I meant using the DB Maintenance > Reset Database, does that remove Categories, it didn't for me?

I am glad you came along, all of this DB stuff is a bit out of my comfort zone :)

edited December 1969

Thanks Mike. I meant using the DB Maintenance > Reset Database, does that remove Categories, it didn't for me?

I am glad you came along, all of this DB stuff is a bit out of my comfort zone :)

Reset Database WILL remove Categories.

edited December 1969

Now that is strange. I just did it, and it didn't destroy mine. I only had a couple set up, but they are still there, or at least most of them.

I will take your word for it, I imagined it would, and was very surpirised when it didn't, maybe mine weren't done properly, or is did delete some of them.