DSON updated files - where are the materials?

ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I installed the updated Mr. Hyde in my Genesis runtime. I am able to use the morphs, which imported automatically when I loaded Genesis into a scene. I am unable to locate a mat file or pose to apply the textures. I know where they are, and can apply them manually in the Material room, but that is tedious and will require much experimenting. Did I miss something? Is there supposed to be an easy way to use the product, or am I stuck with manually applying the textures?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Submit a support ticket please

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the guidance. I posted a ticket to technical support sub-category.

The dson importer is a wonderful development. Thanks to DAZ for releasing it for free.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Did the updated files come with a poser companion file installer? If not, you'll have to create these yourself from within DS4 or wait until the vendor supplies them in the product. It doesn't look like (from the product page) it was updated with the necessary files.

A support ticket won't help if the companion files haven't been included.

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279
    edited December 1969

There was no companion file. I wasn't sure what was to be included, so thanks for this info. I read in a forum post that Hyde was updated for dson and incorrectly assumed the reset would provide what I needed. It's all new and there's a lot for me to learn about.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

:sigh: Does anybody know how I can keep hair on my character's heads? I save a Genesis as a character preset, create a Poser Companion file, load my spiffy new character and oops, he's bald. Happens in both Studio and Poser, no matter whether I'm using a Genesis hair or one that's been refitted from Gen 4 etc. Honestly, this is driving me nutso trying to figure it out.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Try saving a scene or scene subset - or a wearables preset. A character preset saves setting for the current primary selection only.

edited December 1969

I see. One more difference from Poser. When you want to save a character there, it asks if you want to save just the figure (Genesis) or the whole group (all other props & figures attached like hair, clothes, etc. that make up the character. Would be nice to have that option in Studio too. I have the scene saved as a .duf, will load it in Poser and see if Ares flips his wig or not.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

A character preset doesn't have a Poser equivalent - it's a combination of material collection and pose, but if you load it without a figure selected it will load a figure to apply itself to. The DS equivalent of a figure would be either a Scene subset or a Figure asset, with the former being closer to what a CR2 represents.

edited December 1969

Yeah, Figure is what I meant. Poser saves those in the Character folder. Anyway, the scene loaded with the hair, only it was invisible until rendered. I fixed that by applying the Poser materials for it. Also had to re-apply my M4 skin as it looked rather shiny and plastic-like in P9. Now I have a happy ... er, not displeased God of War running about in my runtime. Now to get him dressed. Or not -- I'm pretty sure I have a few swords lying around and at least one temple. ;-)