Posing

atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
edited December 1969 in New Users

How do I pose a Gumdrop?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

WHAT?? I don't have gumdrop (the character) that's what you mean, isn't it?

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited June 2012

This is a Gumdrop. Crapola, now I've lost the top of her hat. She has feet, but the outfit didn't come with shoes so I guess the skirt covers them. Gumdrops seem to be fairly simple, so I'm practicing with them. Not as much to screw up. If I do manage to get one in a pose that I like, how do I save it? As a scene?

Good Lord, she's so big. Maybe I chose the wrong jpg because I rendered, took her to PSP and cut. Back to the drawing board.

Okay, found the problem. The small version was in the wrong file.

at_18thCentury1c.jpg
    419 x 629 - 53K
    Post edited by atticanne on
    edited June 2012

Is Gumdrop free or do I need to buy her? I'll get her if I must, your one of my Peep's. I'll walk you through whatever I can help you with my dear. Just point me to a link and I'll buy or download. I'm here for you Anne.

P.S. It might be off and on but that is my life right now. Off the net and the on the net. That's just the way it is with me, in bed resting or on the PC playing. I never know from one day to the next.

Jeff

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

She's a separate figure made by Littlefox.
    http://www.runtimedna.com/Gumdrops-Candy-the-Base.html
    $19.99

Warning: Cuteness overload ahead. Thing has just about as many options as the Cookie/Chip lines.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    She's a separate figure made by Littlefox.
    http://www.runtimedna.com/Gumdrops-Candy-the-Base.html
    $19.99

Warning: Cuteness overload ahead. Thing has just about as many options as the Cookie/Chip lines.

You know me, I don't do cute. But Anne is my girl and I will get cute just to help her. :-P
    edited December 1969

Haha.. I don't normally do the cutesy stuff myself, but sometimes I just can't resist making exceptions (although I don't own Gumdrop, Cookie, or Chip).

edited December 1969

Jeff, the Gumdrop is a very simple figure compared to what you are used to. Please don't go buy one just to help me. You can probably help me through without the figure. For example, what happened to the top of her hat? I suspect that has something to do with camera. I didn't use one I don't think. Or any lights. Just put the clothes on, saved as scene. Reopened and rendered.

Tomorrow I'll play with posing a nudie and send you what sliders I have. The original 'Drop has been remapped.

I like your schedule--maybe I'll nap, maybe I'll work in the yard, maybe I'll be on the computer. I will have coffee and ciggies.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Haha.. I don't normally do the cutesy stuff myself, but sometimes I just can't resist making exceptions (although I don't own Gumdrop, Cookie, or Chip).

I have a 7-yr old grandson who is into cartoons, along with robots, dinosaurs, and dragons. Oh, yeah, space too. What can I say? He's a Gemini. My oldest son is a Gemini too, so I'm used to it. He wants to make some animations this summer. Granddaughter #1 (a college junior) is into manga and anime. I have a lot of Toon stuff, but no Cookie or Chip. I have Sam and Sadie and some of that Toon Generation stuff. I'm through with Genesis for a while and concentrating on kiddie stuff.

edited June 2012

You just cropped off the top of the hat dear. It was out of the render frame. I'll teach you how to set up your camera and anything else you need. Just tell me which ds your using so I can do the same. I think I have from DS2 all the way to DS4.5.

edited June 2012

@Anne- I'm in the same boat. Tastes all over the place. I'm a horror loving, gamer girl; our 15 year old daughter is the same with manga and anime thrown in; and our 11 year old is a girly girl and we have no idea where she gets it from. I'm thinking from somewhere on her mom's side.

With regards to posing the little gummy one, I know there's a way as I've seen pose packs for her, and I believe she comes with some. Maybe if you select a portion of her body (either through the viewport or in the scene tree) you'll find bend/twist/rotate/etc dials under the Parameters tab in General.

@Jade- How did you manage to get 4.5 to run along side 4? Do you have it installed to a separate computer?

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited June 2012

Just because I have it does not mean I'm using it. I could install it to one of my other PC's but this is my Render machine. I Download all the updates. I might not run them untill I hear things I like but I do collect them for that JUST in case times.

edited June 2012

Ahh ok. I have the installer as well, but I do not like that it will forcibly uninstall 4.0 if installed to the same machine. =/
    I tried asking the question if I could install it to a different location on the same machine (nothing gets installed to my operating system drive except drivers/security), or even a different hard drive safely, but received no answer. I'm wondering if the forced uninstall only happens for those people who leave installers on default and allow it to do what it wants.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Nope I've read that it will eat 4.03.47 or any other DS4 because they will try to share the same CMS. I'm only held back by one plugin but I'm not ready to give up my Reality 2.0 just yet. If it was not for it I probably would install 4.5. I've heard some nice things about speed and the updated Autofit.

Sorry Anne, just sharing some info. I'll be on topic when you post again. I promise.

edited December 1969

Ah well, that's poo. Unless you can install 2 instances of the CMS. lol

We now return you back to your regular scheduled posing of gummy children. :P

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited June 2012

If you click on individual body pieces you will find Up&Down;, Twist & Back&Front; and bed etc; dials in Parameters.

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Also if you got KCTC there are some free poses for Gumdrops.

http://kctc.francemi.net/

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Nope I've read that it will eat 4.03.47 or any other DS4 because they will try to share the same CMS. I'm only held back by one plugin but I'm not ready to give up my Reality 2.0 just yet. If it was not for it I probably would install 4.5. I've heard some nice things about speed and the updated Autofit.

Sorry Anne, just sharing some info. I'll be on topic when you post again. I promise.

Jeff, you know I don't mind. My mind jumps around so that sometimes I wonder just exactly where it is. I too have 4.5 uninstalled as of yet because you told me not to install it now. Sometimes I think about lining up all my computers and cannibalizing into just 1 or 2. I guess I would have to omit my Commodore 64s. Now that I live downstairs maybe I will turn the attic into a computer center.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Ahh ok. I have the installer as well, but I do not like that it will forcibly uninstall 4.0 if installed to the same machine. =/
    I tried asking the question if I could install it to a different location on the same machine (nothing gets installed to my operating system drive except drivers/security), or even a different hard drive safely, but received no answer. I'm wondering if the forced uninstall only happens for those people who leave installers on default and allow it to do what it wants.

I wonder the same. I could install it on 1 of my externals maybe.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Also if you got KCTC there are some free poses for Gumdrops.

http://kctc.francemi.net/

Thanks, Wendy. I spent quite a bit of time at KCTC yesterday. I thought I had most of what's there, but found a bunch of things I didn't. Should I be loading the remapped figure or the original?

edited December 1969

And now I'm going to the yard to work with my sunflower forest and mow the rest of the yard. I'll be back in a couple of hours.

edited December 1969

I'm finally back. Probably got too much heat and sun today because I've had a headache since noon. Going to bed and I'll see you nice people in the morning.