Caleb for M4/Genesis/M5 Out Now! [COMMERCIAL]

Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This product was previously released at Renderosity and previous customers can download any updates through their Renderosity accounts.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/caleb-for-m4-and-genesis-m5

Another blast from my past...I have updated Caleb for M4 to now include Genesis and M5 support!

Caleb is a complete character set for M4 and Genesis

The M4 version's face is a custom morph, refined in ZBrush, with two body options, one using the morphs++ and the Elite Shapes, while the second omits the Elite shapes.

The Genesis version also has a custom head morph, requiring no additional morphs. He comes with two body shapes, with one using just the Evolution Bundle and the second with the M4 Shape mixed in.

He comes with a variety of facial hair options, multiple eye colors, tribal tattoos, custom elf ear morphs and even painted hair that is great for medium to long shots with a custom "short hair" morph.

Whether you need a elven prince or an everyday kind of fellow, Caleb is the one for you.

As a bonus for M4, 5 mirrored everyday poses and Poser Pro 2012 mats for most options included!

As a bonus for Genesis, support for the M5 Genitals is included!

Comments

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

very nice !

love the versality of the set !

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for saying so!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I've had a definite lack of male textures that don't look like they've just stepped out of a Hollywood studio make-up department.

I bought Thomas a few weeks ago and I've wishlisted a couple of others.

Caleb joins the crowd.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Well I just brought him home and installed him. I was tempted when he was over on Rendo, but hesitated because I am shifting over to Genesis almost entirely. No further reason to delay now. I like the skin, but I did like the head morph, and would have wanted to use it too. Now I can.

edited December 1969

Thanks, folks!

So glad you're enjoying him!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

I like the freckles. What age is this character supposed to represent?

edited December 1969

I like the freckles. What age is this character supposed to represent?

Caleb can be anywhere from a youngster to a young adult without changing a thing on him...here he is using Kattey's Kids4 M4 V4 Texture Remap freebie over at Renderosity ( http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=60012 ), which allows the Kids4 to take M4 or V4 textures...

K4_Caleb.jpg
    1000 x 1600 - 463K
  • Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

I bought this at Rendo. Really beautiful textures which work straight out of the box for me (I can't say that about many texture/shader sets!). The character morphs are also very usable and I use the textures separately and with morphs. If you collect male characters this one's essential. Thanks for updating for Genesis/M5—I'd like to see more Gen 4 characters updated in this way.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,495
    edited December 1969

One more to my gallery of great looking men with a life and a history, or as someone said, not a product of the makeup factory in Hollywood!
    Well done!

edited December 1969

Thanks all!

As more of my Rendo characters find their way here, they will be updated to include Genesis support.

And I've got some new men up my sleeve, too! ;-)

edited December 1969

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us Phoenix! I admit, I've been looking for guys with freckles, although a bit older than this one. Mid-twenties to mid-thirties, but I can tell you are an artist to watch.

edited December 1969

I admit, I've been looking for guys with freckles, although a bit older than this one. Mid-twenties to mid-thirties, but I can tell you are an artist to watch.

If you use M4, then you might want to look at Josua for M4. Definitely a bit older and a good amount of freckles. :)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Wow, Caleb looks outstanding! (though, as a redhead myself, I may be slightly biased... ;-) ) Unfortunately, these DAZ sales have pretty much cleaned me out. If I could afford to, I'd throw him right in the cart. And then I'd probably throw the rest of your characters in too, for good measure!

edited December 1969

I admit, I've been looking for guys with freckles, although a bit older than this one. Mid-twenties to mid-thirties, but I can tell you are an artist to watch.

If you use M4, then you might want to look at Josua for M4. Definitely a bit older and a good amount of freckles. :)

Oh, thanks. I have him on my wishlist now! =-)

edited October 2012

Wow, Caleb looks outstanding! (though, as a redhead myself, I may be slightly biased... ;-) )

I have a soft spot for gingers. :)

Post edited by Phoenix1966 on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

Thanks all!

As more of my Rendo characters find their way here, they will be updated to include Genesis support.

I love your characters, have lots them. I'm so glad you are updating the Rendo ones for Genesis. And I look forward to more new men!!!!

:-) :lol: :cheese: :)

• yannich_ff4dab420dyannich_ff4dab420d Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Do the caleb files come with some DSON one ?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

There is .duf files in the pack so they should work for DSON

• yannich_ff4dab420dyannich_ff4dab420d Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Thank you but .duf files means to create poser companion files . I tried several times with other texture with...no succes .

edited December 1969

Yannich said:
    Do the caleb files come with some DSON one ?

No, he was already waiting for release before the importer was ready. But he does work within Poser.

Here is the Genesis version in PP2012. I loaded the Basic Male, dialed the body back down to zero. Dialed Caleb's Head and Caleb's Hair morph to 1 and then applied textures via the Material folder I included for the M4 version. They applied fine...simply tell Poser "No" when you apply the materials and it gives the stock response about "this material collection does not exist...do you want to create it", because Genesis has less material zones than M4.

Caleb_Genesis.jpg
    1393 x 822 - 31K
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thanks all!

I stuck him on my wishlist :) He was on it at Rendo too.. Just love your stuff!

Just curious - will you be updating older characters that are here like Callum and Agnes to be Genesis characters as well?

edited December 1969

Just curious - will you be updating older characters that are here like Callum and Agnes to be Genesis characters as well?

Don't hold me to it, but probably not. I'm finding that it's too time consuming and I really want to keep moving forward with figures, not backward too much.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Don't hold me to it, but probably not. I'm finding that it's too time consuming and I really want to keep moving forward with figures, not backward too much.

I can understand that :). Ah, well, I did recently pick up Generation X but haven't dug into it yet. Yours will definitely be characters I'll try converting)

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

I just bought Caleb and installed him. Very nice except I can't find EHSS materials. I didn't see them on the file list either. The promo says it includes "Texture Options in Standard, EHSS and SSS Versions. "

• GrokDDGrokDD Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Has anyone had any luck converting Callum to Genesis using Gen X?

I've tried several times. the morphs look good, but once I place the texture on the face, the mouth texture is on the chin, and the nostril shadows are on the lips... As in the bottom half of the face needs to be lower.

In Gen X, I:
    Drag over M4
    Drag over M4 Morphs ++ injections
    Drag over Callum Face injections
    Drag over Callum Neck injections
    Drag over Callum body injections

Select: ON for all values not set to zero.
    Transfer morphs.

Not sure what I'm missing,
    I've successfully transferred LR's Bianca for V4, but that is my only other experience with Gen X.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131
    edited December 1969

Are you remembering to set the UVSet to M4 instead of the default (V4)?
    Also if you then re-apply any textures, you'll need to set it back to M4 again as it "forgets", unless you lock the UVSet to M4 (little padlock symbol beside it).

• GrokDDGrokDD Posts: 59
    edited May 2013

MelanieL said:
    Are you remembering to set the UVSet to M4 instead of the default (V4)?
    Also if you then re-apply any textures, you'll need to set it back to M4 again as it "forgets", unless you lock the UVSet to M4 (little padlock symbol beside it).

Thank you MelanieL for your quick reply!
    That totally did it and I'm looking forward to working with this Character once again!

Took me a little while to figure out what you were talking about as I'm getting used to DS instead of Carrara

For others new to the process,
    1) Select your Genesis model
    2) On the Surfaces tab Select Editor
    3) Select the Genesis root node (so all the regiens are modified at the same time)
    4) Scroll all the way to the bottom to UV Set
    5)Select Michael 4 from the drop down menu
    6) Lock the UV set with the pad lock icon.

Thank you again MelanieL.

**Update, a quick render using the Defiance textures on Valiant for M4

CallumPray.png
    720 x 720 - 870K
    Post edited by GrokDD on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131
    edited December 1969

Glad you sorted that out - sorry my post was a bit brief, but it was past my bedtime so I wasn't thinking too well! (Midnight:40 here in UK)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited November 2016

I know this is an older post, but I'm so excited to finally add him to my runtime today. I think this is one of the best red-headed male characters I've ever seen. He would look wonderful in the company of Teen Princess Leila. They both have very endearing features.

Post edited by Llynara on