Create Adjustable Props?

Jade ChengJade Cheng Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I recently found a free 3D model of a pair of glasses online in OBJ format. Since it was not designed for DAZ, I had to manually align it to fit the head of my character. However, I would like to bend the arms of the glasses so that they fit my character exactly.

I have Hexagon 2.5 but don't know how to use it. Is there a way in DAZ for me to make the arm bendable, like how you can bend a limb in a Genesis figure?

Comments

• Jade ChengJade Cheng Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here is my figure and glasses. As you can see, the arms of the glasses are not where the ears should be.

image.png
    439 x 322 - 262K
  • MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

The part you are talking about is called a temple and not an arm. I think it might look a little strange if you bend it to fit.
    What you really need to do is rotate frame on its X-axis and bring then down and forward.

If you want, you can bend them with a D-Former in Daz Studio. It is on the create menu and there are a number of tutorials on how to use it

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Umm...they look very familiar, get them at ShareCG by any chance?

If they are mine, yeah, they work in DS, that's what they were made into a prop in (DS3A)...but the were made/sized for M4.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What your asking is not hard to do, but very detailed to explain. I would try the Scale Parameter and deformers before I went to a new morph in Hex.

edited December 1969

Yes, share cg and some default clothing, plus I edited the original textures.

Ill try using dformers (whatever they are).

edited December 1969

And just wondering, but how do you delete a spolight in daz (either than finding it in the viewport and clicking and deleting)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Scene tab, select it in the list right click and pick remove form the options.

• mattiascibienmattiascibien Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

In this thread (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10051/) you can find some info on converting a prop for V4 to genesis. Maybe there is something useful for you.