Categories issue

BryonSpellerBryonSpeller Posts: 0

Hey all,

I have been using categories to organize my content. yesterday I purchased a few items and today when I tried to categorize them they will not show up in the categories virtual folder. It will create the sub folders for the items I try to categorize but there is nothing showing inside the folders.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Do any of your categorised items show, or is it just the latest ones that are missing?

If there are no items in Categories, then the CMS is probably not running. In Windows, check the Task manager to see if the ContentManagementService is running, if not, go to Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D and start it there.

• BryonSpellerBryonSpeller Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey. Thanks for the reply.
    Everything but those I installed yesterday and today show up fine.
    The new ones show up fine in the Daz Content folder but not when i add them to my categories.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't use Categories myself, but there are quite a few members who do, and they will be a lot more help than me I think.

Have you tried right clicking on the new categories that are empty, and selecting 'Refresh'. That is all I can think of for the moment. I am sure that someone will be along shortly who knows what has happened.

edited December 1969

That did not work but thanks.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

What are the items, and the full category path you wanted to categorize them in?

edited December 1969

Ranger for V4
    Nighthawk
    Amaya Hair
    Briana
    Lawn Mower
    Park head Interior
    Callie Dress
    The Nun
    Starship Stingray
    Angie Lee
    Rie Outfit
    M4 Zombie
    Hat Hat hat (Nathy)
    Primrose for V4

And I want to just move them to a root category named !NEW so that I can go to categories and move them around.
    Thanks.

edited December 1969

Are you moving from Unassigned, or from DAZ Studio Formats/Poser Formats? Are you moving the current folder, or categorizing individual items?

edited December 1969

Poser format mostly, and i tried both the whole folder and individual items.
    What do you mean by unassigned?

edited December 1969

Poser format mostly, and i tried both the whole folder and individual items.
    What do you mean by unassigned?

You can (or should be able to) assign items to categories from the DAZ Studio Formats and Poser formats, or you can search for uncategorized items, which then show up in "Categories > Default > Unassigned", which you can then categorize. I do the latter, so I'm not familiar with any problems there might be categorizing from the physical folder locations (which I haven't done since DS2, when the first content manager appeared).

edited December 1969

I had the new items installed in a sub-folder called "Content III" under the main content folder.
    All those are messed up when i try to add them to categories. I installed a new model and it worked fine. I guess I will just try to reinstall the models that were inside "Content III" into another folder and then try categorize them.

Thanks again.

edited December 1969

I had the new items installed in a sub-folder called "Content III" under the main content folder.
    All those are messed up when i try to add them to categories. I installed a new model and it worked fine. I guess I will just try to reinstall the models that were inside "Content III" into another folder and then try categorize them.

Thanks again.

Nested content folders can lead to problems -- the Data and Runtime folders need to be directly beneath the folder listed in DS as a content folder. You would want different content folders to be parallel, rather than one inside another.

edited December 1969

i will try that thanks fixmypcmike. can i just move it or do i have to reinstall?

edited December 1969

You don't need to reinstall, just move the folder and change the paths in Edit >Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager.

edited December 1969

Awesome I will do that. Thanks again.