[SOLVED]Diamond Hair fit to Genesis

mattiascibienmattiascibien Posts: 140

I have bought Diamond Hair for V4 on sale with FastGrab and I was trying to fit them to genesis but it does not show a Fit To menu. Is there any way to fit this to genesis using autofit?

Post edited by mattiascibien on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Autofit has an option for Both V4 as the donor, and Hair > Long/Short, and it should pop up itself if you try to load this item onto Genesis. If it doesn;t, go to the Parameters tab and use the Fit To option.

It works quite well in some cases, but in others, you are much better off just scaling the hair, and then parenting it to the Genesis head.

Give it a try.

• mattiascibienmattiascibien Posts: 140
    edited October 2012

I cannot find Fit To even in the Parameters Tab :(

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I just looked on the Store page. This item is a Prop hair (Poser HR2), and there aren't any fits for Genesis, so you will have to just load it, move it into position, and parent it to Genesis. In other words it is not conforming hair, and it will not 'Fit To' any figure.

edited October 2012

Ok... Got It.. Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like they are perfect for my V5. Isn't there a way to save the fit I have made and make it a follower using the utilities of DSPro?

test_diamond.jpg
    500 x 500 - 78K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you roughly position and size it, you can use a smoothing modifier to eliminate any pokethrough.

edited December 1969

Will try. Thank you :)

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited October 2012

To convert Prop hair (Poser HR2) to Genesis is kind of straight forward :P

I'm using DS 4.5.0.137 so things might be different on older or newer builds.

Load Genesis into an empty scene, making sure it doesn't have any morphs dialed, with it selected load in the HR2 hair you want to convert, it should auto parent to the head bone of Genesis. Select the hair either in the viewport or in the scene tab, then go "Edit > Object > Rigging > Convert Prop to Figure", in the new window make sure TriAx is selected and that you have a "tick" next to "Inherit Skeleton", then click Accept.

You now have a TriAx figure hair, but it's still shaped for the original figure, so still doesn't fit Genesis.
    Now start the Transfer Utility (Edit>Object or Edit>Figure menu's), top left you'll see "Source", select Genesis for the "Scene item" and Clone for "Item Shape", you'll get a little menu showing all of the Clones you have in Genesis, pick the one the hair was designed for, to the right of those you'll see "Target", the scene item is your hair and the item shape you leave at Default.
    Under these you'll see "Projection Template", click it and select the hair template that suits your hair (long or short).
    Bottom left you'll see a buttom called "Show Options" click it, now leave everything here as you see it, except "Reverse Source Shape From Target", put a 'tick' in it's box, now go ahead and click Accept.

The hair now fits Genesis, it's now time to save it so you don't have to go through all of that again with this hair, with the hair selected go "File > Save as > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset", select where your saving the DUF to and give it a name. You'll get an Assets save options window, with autofit or converted items I usually leave the vender name as my own, the Product name I put the original vender's name and the Item name is the product's name, this way all my converted items are out of the way, and I still know who the original vender was.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
    edited October 2012

Did everything and DAZ Studio... Crashed. Sending bug report now.

EDIT: Ticked the wrong box.

EDIT2: Worked like a charm.