Applying A3 texture on Genesis [solved]

hiyashi_yasurohiyashi_yasuro Posts: 32

I'm trying to apply the Kirei no Kanjou for Aiko 3.0 texture to Genesis but it doesn't seem to be working. I have GenX, A3 Iconic Shapes and I even got TextureConverter but I can't seem to use the converter right.

When I convert kirei and try to apply it using the Surfaces tab it gets messed up. I put the converted mat as a Diffuse map. Is this correct?

Does anyone know of any tutorial on how to convert/apply A4 textures into Genesis?

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

In the Surfaces Pane what is the Uvmapping set to? If all went well you should have a A3 option to choose. If you have this option then choose A3 and look for the little padlock beside the UVmap channel and Lock it. This will ensure it doesn't slip of. If you want to change the textures then you will have to unlock the Uvmapping.

• hiyashi_yasurohiyashi_yasuro Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

I don't see A3 under UV set. I see V4, M4, Genesis M/F and The Kids. Where do I get the A3 UV Set?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

You wont find it, Gen 3 textures don't work on Genesis, you would need to use something Texture Converter to turn them into a Gen 4 texture.

edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    You wont find it, Gen 3 textures don't work on Genesis, you would need to use something Texture Converter to turn them into a Gen 4 texture.
    What even with GenX for A3...humm that is news to me, thanks. So it is only for Clothing and morphs then, not textures.

Sorry about the incorrect info, my bad. I don't bother with GenX anymore but I thought it did texture maps too.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

AFAIK GenX is just for transferring morphs from one figure to another (I only have the old Gen4), to get Gen 3 maps to fit Genesis would require a remap of the UV's but it would also need the Surface Groups in Genesis to be redone to match the Gen 3 Material Zones, and this can only be done with a second Genesis as those changes can only be stored in the main figure DSF, so do that to the main Genesis and you wont be able to use any of the Gen 4 or Gen 5 textures any more.

edited December 1969

So we can't use Map Transfer then to do the job?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

No, UVMap switching can't change the material zones, just which vertices get assigned to each zone, so it doesn't work for Gen 3 textures. When you tried Texture Converter 2, were you converting A3 to V4?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Darn you Mike you beat me. Convert your A3 textures to V4 then they will load on genesis.

• hiyashi_yasurohiyashi_yasuro Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

Ok. I got it to work. Thanks guys!

edited December 1969

Interesting stuff. I don't have A3 and Texture Converter hence me asking questions.

• edited December 1969

Does it had the eyebrows mapped on the skin texture too? Genesis does not have them...