Genesis Wishlist... what do you want to see next for Genesis?

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    But these textures can be used by Genesis with no issues.

So what do you want to see for Genesis that isn't there now?

Or is there a problem implementing these textures for Genesis I don't know about?

8/

No problem. Simply an example of what I'd like to see for genesis.

I would like a skinpack of middle-range skin tones. I don't want characters, really. Paying for a character is more expensive than paying for the skin alone, at least it should be in theory!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Dear content creators...

Here's a very useful visual guide to 1000 years of Vietnamese clothing.

I would love to see some of that gracing my runtime. A lot. Gods you wouldn't believe how much it would rock.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

Or is there a problem implementing these textures for Genesis I don't know about?

8/

I would like a skinpack of middle-range skin tones. I don't want characters, really. Paying for a character is more expensive than paying for the skin alone, at least it should be in theory!

That's cool and all but, truth be told, I have not dabbled in textures much and I was wondering if there is an issue with using V4 and M4 textures on Genesis like the seams not matching up or something. If a texture is made specifically for Genesis will it overall be better than one originally made for V4 OR M4? If so, how? (Strictly curious from the perspective of a texture newbie, here.)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Dear content creators...

I would love to see some of that gracing my runtime. A lot. Gods you wouldn't believe how much it would rock.

That would be cool but it would definitely a niche product. Those are some gorgeous looking outfits, though. A fantasy Korean theme would be cool.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Textures explicitly for Genesis should have fewer problems with smaller details being off such as the crease on fingers or knees.

RKane_1 said:
    Skiriki said:
    Dear content creators...

That would be cool but it would definitely a niche product. Those are some gorgeous looking outfits, though. A fantasy Korean theme would be cool.

I'd argue that the trick to it would be to pick one or two specific outfits and then bundle them with a texture and morph.

BTW, you mention ninjas in the first post: Moar ninjas
    Also, suits: Morphing Business Suit Bundle

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

8/

That's cool and all but, truth be told, I have not dabbled in textures much and I was wondering if there is an issue with using V4 and M4 textures on Genesis like the seams not matching up or something. If a texture is made specifically for Genesis will it overall be better than one originally made for V4 OR M4? If so, how? (Strictly curious from the perspective of a texture newbie, here.)

Oh, that's okay! =-) I'm a skin geek, so I can tell you... I do a lot with skins, and skin quality varies by creator and what application they are using primarily (poser vs daz), and what their lighting set is. Some skins made for earlier models don't look great on genesis, or were created for poser and require tweaking to look proper and these instructions aren't always supplied. In general though most skins look ok on genesis without rework.

But for me- a lot of the m4- v4- stuff characters include facial features and body morphs you can't use with genesis, unless you own gen x and convert them... So for me- I'm paying for a character, and only taking the skin, when, I'd really rather have a geneis version or simply the ski since the features and other character elements aren't usable.

edited December 1969

Does any know or happen to be good with creating textures? *smile* I needs help with a project.

And Business suit and Ninja outfit added to first post. YAY!

edited December 1969

Also, Way of Shinobi was mentioned earlier in the thread.

edited December 1969

Got it!

Updated!

Thanks, ZamuelNow!

edited December 1969

WANTS: A male expression set. I have bought several for genesis, however, the expressions look great on female genesis (on whom they are moddled in the screenshots), but look kind of goofball on male genesis

A genesis toddler morph (with kid expressions)

A genesis elder morph

edited December 1969

WANTS: A male expression set. I have bought several for genesis, however, the expressions look great on female genesis (on whom they are moddled in the screenshots), but look kind of goofball on male genesis

A genesis toddler morph (with kid expressions)

A genesis elder morph

I have the request for K4 and elderly requested above but I will add the one for expression morphs for men.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

Regular guy shape.... It's pretty easy to make a muscley guy and also kinda easy to make an overweight guy....but I do struggle just making a "normal" sized guy... also... I need more varied male/young hip morphs.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Regular guy shape.... It's pretty easy to make a muscley guy and also kinda easy to make an overweight guy....but I do struggle just making a "normal" sized guy... also... I need more varied male/young hip morphs.

I usually mix several custom body shapes in each of our guys for M5. Our new guy coming out soon has some shorter body shapes including a slightly stocky one.

• genejokegenejoke Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

Where to start...

Cyber limbs? Sure using the supersuit and older gen things does okay but something created for genesis might be better. maybe when my skills are better I'll make some of my own...

various implants could be useful too.

Loose fitting sci fi wear and armour, belts heavy gloves and so on. It's a shame xurge doesn't make for genesis....

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

[

I usually mix several custom body shapes in each of our guys for M5. Our new guy coming out soon has some shorter body shapes including a slightly stocky one.

How soon is "soon"? Not Daz S**n, I hope. Btw, sent you a PM but the darn thing glitched on me so if you get it more than once, sorry.

edited December 1969

genejoke said:
    It's a shame xurge doesn't make for genesis....

Here, here.

A shame also A3HD doesn't either.

And I would LOVE to see joequick's Golden Age for M4 for Genesis instead too.

• genejokegenejoke Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

I contacted xurge and his response was that now genesis works in poser he will be looking into working on genesis. Nothing definite but the possibility is good.

edited December 1969

Whoa... awesome. If he would use DAZ 4.5, I think it may be easy to convert a lot of what he has over fairly easily using autoconform and then tweaking it a bit.

I am happy and look forward to what he has to offer!

:)

edited December 1969

Added:

Individual Toes Controls (either morphs or geo-grafted with bones)

Geo-grafted monkey feet for gripping

edited December 1969

Partial Pose Presets. It's a pretty novel idea of having a pose set made of parts rather than being for the whole body but I don't think there's any for Genesis at all.

edited December 1969

There are some for hands but there could definitely stand to be more.

• remcovanembdenremcovanembden Posts: 106
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Does any know or happen to be good with creating textures? *smile* I needs help with a project.

What kind of textures? Something like this( human skin?) or more fabrics?

mool.jpg
    1030 x 1444 - 750K
    edited December 1969

MrZuma3D said:
    RKane_1 said:

Yes, JUST the ones I am talking about! May I PM you?

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    MrZuma3D said:
    RKane_1 said:

Yes, JUST the ones I am talking about! May I PM you?

of course

edited December 1969

Regarding ethnic, is this what you might be looking for?

still a wip btw

vichand.JPG
    621 x 766 - 35K
    edited December 1969

Nice, but do you have a face or body shot?

Send me a PM if you do.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I am waiting toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long time,,
    Aik,,, not,,^^;

I want MCM for genesis sholder and for-arms.

if try,, I can make them by myself for base genesis shape too.
    but,, I have waited,,daz will release for genesis .

because if daz release it,, ,I will update my handmade JCM for my character,,
    I know,, hitomi or V5 has MCM and JCM for arms bend and twist,, or coller,,
    but,, user want to make new character morph,, and use it (I believe so)
    so if do not apply V5 or other character,, the JCM never work.

so need JCM or MCM to adjust genesis shape of Genesis.

(these morphs may be applied every character, . if I make other character,
    just apply delta,, to adjust them for my character (with ERC)

but base is now so hard broke when arm bend and foward etc,
    if I made for bend and twist for my character, it not work well about mix rotation.
    (I made three JCM for each rotation ><; and bend and forward JCM too,<br /> but about some case,, it can not work well).

if my genesis only broken arms? why why why why!! >< #)

armbreake.JPG
    778 x 637 - 83K
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

I wish for two types of tuxedos. One with tails and a modern one, you know something that James Bond would wear.

I also want Hongyu and 3DAge to convert their V4 library for Genesis.

More supersuits with different material zones, including a supersuit set that mimics V4 Bodysuit, M4 Bodysuit, Mil 3 Bodysuits.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Hmm,

Couldn't help noticing a request for a Genesis Predator, as it's a licensed entity I doubt it could really be done officially as it'd cost a fortune to get a license from Fox.

Swidhelm could maybe do one, it wouldn't entirely surprise me if he has one in the works.

CHEERS!

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I'd love to see Belbel and Chibibel updated for Genesis. There doesn't seem to be many stylized anime Genesis characters yet aside from Aiko, which I'll probably be purchasing once my copy of Daz is fully unlocked. Right now I'm still playing around with the seemingly infinite combinations though. The Genesis characters have me feeling like a kid in a candy store.

Now to browse the store and pad out my wishlist with new toys.