What can I do with the New DSON ?

LilwolffLilwolff Posts: 169
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I do love some of the creatures that are made for Genesis and would like to know if I can get something like this: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/cthulhu-rising into Poser now if the artist made it DSON Poser compatible?

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

I don't have that particular model, but so far I have had no problems converting anything in .duf format to PCF for poser.
    The only reason you would need a DSON/PCF installer would be if you don't have Daz Studio 4.5 installed

• LilwolffLilwolff Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

Thank you Medzin, I do not use Daz Studio. If I understand you correctly more complex figures have no problem being imported for use in Poser through DSON?

edited October 2012

Having DS installed means you do not have to wait for a DSON installer to become available.
    In attached picture, I loaded the base Genesis figure into scene, set Mt. Hyde dial to 1.000 and apply a texture

Image removed by Mod. Please review this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_4/

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    edited December 1969

Can I ask a question?

I've got DS installed, but some of the DS models available for DSON/Poser aren't showing up, when I import My Library. So I'm re-downloading them.

Do I need to re-download the Legacy download for those products, too? Or is that the version that I already have installed? The original version?

Thank you. And thanks for DSON. :-)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Jan19 said:
    Can I ask a question?

I've got DS installed, but some of the DS models available for DSON/Poser aren't showing up, when I import My Library. So I'm re-downloading them.

Do I need to re-download the Legacy download for those products, too? Or is that the version that I already have installed? The original version?

The Legacy ones are the old version, the non-DSON one. You only need it if you are using a pre-4.5 DS.

• edited December 1969

Lilwolff, you are right, if the artist made it DSON Poser compatible, you don´t need DAZ Studio.
    Please have a look at the FAQs by DAZ_BHowell , you will find your answers :
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9405/

edited December 1969

Thank you for the suggestion I understand what you are saying about having it installed Medzin, but that is not a viable option for me.

edited December 1969

Jan19 said:
    Can I ask a question?

The legacy installers are for DS 4.0, they contain DSF files instead of DUF.

I don't know what you mean "import My Library", what are you importing and to where?

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    edited December 1969

Thank you!

I'm importing My Library into Poser 2012. Some of my DS files show up and some don't -- with DSON installed.

But I just found out, a minute ago, how easy it is to create Poser Companion Files in DS4. So maybe I can skip some of the re-downloading. :-)

Thanks again for the answer!

edited December 1969

Lilwolff, you are right, if the artist made it DSON Poser compatible, you don´t need DAZ Studio.
    Please have a look at the FAQs by DAZ_BHowell , you will find your answers :
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9405/

Thank you SpottedRock for the link. I did read that information plus the instruction to using DSON before I installed it. No where do I see mention of any figure limitations but I also have not seen any complex figures that have been converted.

I personally obtained some very nice figures that came out within the last year for Poser, so my interest in purchasing V5-M5 is very minimal. But creatures like Cthulhu really interest me. Will just wait and see.

I did invest in some morphs, and a couple of other items to just try out Genesis and was impressed with the results and the simplicity of use.