V4 Doctor Shirt and Auto-fit help

Are there any tricks to getting the chest area of the V4 Doctor Shirt to fit on Genesis?

Comments

• edited December 1969

somewhere on ShareCG.com (I believe) is a "V4 Adjusted" ..... get it, install it, then use the Clone - V4 adjusted .. for shirts .. and some otherstuff .... also, make sure you Check Reverse Shape from target in the Transfer Options, and try a Smoothing modifier. I've played around a bit an found you can even fit clothes from the Millenium and other characters as well. For this, import the clothing, manually adjust it as close as you can, Export ( make sure your at 0 subd ).. and use that as a morph. Delete, reload, add your morph. then either change the Rigging in Edit Menu ... or Convert to Triax bla ..... then do the Transfer ..... using Genesis - Current and "Item" - Current (using the morph). I've done shoes, hair, clothing and other odd Items. Smoothing is the only problem you'll run into, some Items from the past are just too low poly and parts are not attached and such, smoothing makes them work !!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited October 2012

This is autofitted and a smoothing modifier added.

generic smoothing, 36 smoothing iterations and .6 weight

I'm still playing with the settings to see if I can improve on it further.

aah, just noticed the sleeves have separated...damn I hate things that arent joined together.

test_doctors_shirt.png
    1000 x 1414 - 1M
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Smoothing is the only problem you'll run into, some Items from the past are just too low poly and parts are not attached and such, smoothing makes them work !!

There's even a way around that...if you are willing to play around with an item...and have a modelling app that will subdivide UVs and preserve the groups when you subdivide. That way you can preserve the mapping and the rigging when you do the subdivision. No, I don't have a workflow/tut on how...I've been doing it by trial and error using Blender. There are a couple of items that I'm really wanting to get done and have been playing with...with some measure of success. (having more problems getting an original item working than some of the older stuff, but there aren't a lot of polys to play with on this item and I don't want to sub it any more...it's just a simple leather necklace/cord...how many polys does it really need?).

It's more of a case by case experiment than anything else.