Does anyone know if aniMATE will work in Poser 9?

WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
edited October 2012 in The Commons

Does the aniMATE packs work in Poser 9?

Post edited by WitchStorm on

Comments

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

You need the aniBlock Importer for Poser installed to use them with Poser and that only works for s Poser 9 SR3 or Poser Pro 2012 SR3.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/aniblock-importer-for-poser

• WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    You need the aniBlock Importer for Poser installed to use them with Poser and that only works for s Poser 9 SR3 or Poser Pro 2012 SR3.

Now, does this program go into Daz or Poser? I have the Poser 9 and the SR3. Do I need to use Daz to get them in Poser? Are there any already made for Poser 9? Thanks for your help.

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:

Now, does this program go into Daz or Poser? I have the Poser 9 and the SR3. Do I need to use Daz to get them in Poser? Are there any already made for Poser 9? Thanks for your help.

You do NOT need DAZ Studio to use the importer. The aniblocks can be directly imported from where they are installed. However, you do need Studio if you want to edit and modify the blocks or make your own.

TD

edited December 1969

thd777 said:
    Jay_NOLA said:

You do NOT need DAZ Studio to use the importer. The aniblocks can be directly imported from where they are installed. However, you do need Studio if you want to edit and modify the blocks or make your own.

TD

OK. Say, I have the application for each aniMATE pack. Which I have many of them. Where would I open them to first? Then, does the importer go into Poser or Daz? I also have many of the BVH files that I had gotten many years ago. Will they work in Poser? Or do they need to be converted some how into something else? I know they needed to be imported into Daz and something done to them, to work in Daz. But, I never did that. I just saved them in a folder on external hard drive.

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited October 2012

OK. Say, I have the application for each aniMATE pack. Which I have many of them. Where would I open them to first? Then, does the importer go into Poser or Daz? I also have many of the BVH files that I had gotten many years ago. Will they work in Poser? Or do they need to be converted some how into something else? I know they needed to be imported into Daz and something done to them, to work in Daz. But, I never did that. I just saved them in a folder on external hard drive.

The Animate importer is a Python script and needs to be installed in Poser (mine is in the scripts menu for easy access). The aniblocks can be wherever you want. The default would be a folder called "aniblocks" located in a DAZ Studio content folder, but you can move it elsewhere.
    Each aniblock is a .gfa file, those are the ones you load into Poser via the importer. This brings up another good reason to have Studio around: You have no preview of the animation contained in an aniblock outside of DS.

The basic workflow is:
    - Load Figure you want to use into Poser
    - Start the importer script and point it to the aniblock .gfa file you want to load.
    - If the there not enough frames defined for the block you choose you get an error that tells you to increase the frame number to a certain minimum value. Do that and try again.
    - That's it. The animation should now be in Poser.
    - If you want to import multiple blocks for the figure, it is best to import them into separate animation layers in poser for easier blending

BVH files can be loaded directly into Poser, but depending on the source they might require significant editing and tweaking to look good. Can all be done in Poser.

Ciao
    TD

Post edited by thd777 on
    edited December 1969

thd777 said:

The Animate importer is a Python script and needs to be installed in Poser (mine is in the scripts menu for easy access). The aniblocks can be wherever you want. The default would be a folder called "aniblocks" located in a DAZ Studio content folder, but you can move it elsewhere.
    Each aniblock is a .gfa file, those are the ones you load into Poser via the importer. This brings up another good reason to have Studio around: You have no preview of the animation contained in an aniblock outside of DS.

The basic workflow is:
    - Load Figure you want to use into Poser
    - Start the importer script and point it to the aniblock .gfa file you want to load.
    - If the there not enough frames defined for the block you choose you get an error that tells you to increase the frame number to a certain minimum value. Do that and try again.
    - That's it. The animation should now be in Poser.
    - If you want to import multiple blocks for the figure, it is best to import them into separate animation layers in poser for easier blending

BVH files can be loaded directly into Poser, but depending on the source they might require significant editing and tweaking to look good. Can all be done in Poser.

Ciao
    TD

Thanks so much. Now off to find my BVH folder.