- - Spyro's Render Thread and Projects - -

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Now that I got that out of my system where are the updates? I know you have something you could post.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro the pyro creating around the clock
    News 7 hired him to protect their little flock
    The Zombie hoard did appear
    That was nothing for he without fear
    It took a bit and very much wit
    Some sweat and tears even some grit
    News 7 is clear of the living dead
    Ready for all the news that is ahead
    And all we get is Spyro on his on his butt
    With his mouth for once humbly shut

ROFLMAO !! I would totally make this poem my latest banner if It would fit with all my links LOL! Love it, and says it all!

Updates soon. I working on boot straps atm... but sidetracked with food... num num num. News7 is behind and they failed to deliver on their back to back episode... Guess they all went to bed before Daz announced the latest poll. Spyro had an appointment with his therapist today, so he couldn't work overtime last night. But the News7 Cooperate board will make him work a double shift tonight.

News seven is joining Terry on a special 'on the scene' segment. Cant wait :cheese:

edited December 1969

I had a unplanned down day. They just hit me sometimes. Glad to see you taking care and enjoying yourself, I'll see you in the threads.

edited December 1969

News7 - Expanded Casting...

NEWS7_-_CastPromo.jpg
    1500 x 1700 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Hmmm... Let my try. Jedd the Ex-Jock, Spyro the wiz kid, Gabi Street news and party type, Angelina supermodel Face, and off to the side Terry the really news person going, "How did I get stuck working with this bunch?"

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited October 2012

For Terry's sake, I really hope you're not a "LOST" fan...

What hair did you use on Jedd?

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

No lol I was inspired by Family guys http://familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Tricia_Takanawa 'Tricia Takanawa' LOL I had no Idea they were basing their design on a person haha!

Jedd used http://www.runtimedna.com/DesirHair.html (Very realistic :) )

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

No lol I was inspired by Family guys http://familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Tricia_Takanawa 'Tricia Takanawa' LOL I had no Idea they were basing their design on a person haha!

Jedd used http://www.runtimedna.com/DesirHair.html (Very realistic :) )

Thanks, I've often seen that hair in renders, but never knew what it was (I don't shop at RDNA too often).

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Hmmm... Let my try. Jedd the Ex-Jock, Spyro the wiz kid, Gabi Street news and party type, Angelina supermodel Face, and off to the side Terry the really news person going, "How did I get stuck working with this bunch?"

Jedd - (Inspired by both Triple H and Danny Trejo) The hair choice and HHH's nose really made him look far closer to Tripple H... He is my first attempt at bringing a character I designed years ago to 3D) He's definately my depiction of Freak. Maybe an Ex-con, A high profile bodyguard, wrestler, Mafia perhaps? The character I designed was originally intended to be an Antagonist, like a top henchman for the big bad boss. Jedd will be the sports presenter.

Spyro - Well he's my avatar, so alot of him is me... That said, his character in this news project is rather different to what he really is. But his childish and comedic characteristics is what they share. Spyro is the mainstream news presenter.

Gabi - HAHA! She was fun to make. Kind of a punk/techno/non-stop party chick. She's gonna be real fun to work with. I'm making her background in Pro middle-weight boxing, maybe a martial artist. She's the co-sports presenter.

Angelina - lol I deliberately made her the classic model type... All sexy, no brains lol. She's the co-mainstream

Terry - Yeah, you summed her up good. A serious on the scene reporter. She has no sense of humor, but will speak humorously (If that makes sense.) The only serious News7 cast member. :-P

edited December 1969

News7 - New Studio (Under construction)

The figure in the scene is the default Basic Genesis.

News7_-_StudioConstruction.jpg
    1490 x 779 - 242K
    edited December 1969

You have got to love a person that never thinks small. That's going to be one nice set.

edited October 2012

Jaderail said:
    You have got to love a person that never thinks small. That's going to be one nice set.

hehe! I built a six floor set both interior and exterior. (The six top floors of a massive skyscraper (Sci-fi)) lol

Anyway, some more progress. A test render of the set.

Test_Render1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 247K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Amazing renders Spyro. It's fascinating to see you work from the ground up. You've inspired me to do more :-)

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    Amazing renders Spyro. It's fascinating to see you work from the ground up. You've inspired me to do more :-)

That's great to hear! I know I've done the job right when I've inspired someone :cheese:

Test Render 2

Test_Render2.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 290K
    edited December 1969

Now I'm ready for 'Basic' UVW mapping... after that export as an obj into daz and will texture :cheese: Then I get to do some renders YEY! lol

Test_Screenie_1.jpg
    962 x 598 - 391K
    Test_Render3.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 296K
    edited October 2012

Wow, Spyro! :bug:

edited December 1969

I'm loving this set Spyro. Any chance of talking you into releasing it?

edited December 1969

Wow, Spyro! :bug:

Thank you scott! Keep your eyes on the thread... I almost finished UV mapping... Very close to export! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Prob not... Its rather tailored for news7. That said though... I'll see how well it converts to PP2, perhaps I'll email it to you... The file size as of yet is unknown.

edited December 1969

Basic UV Mapping complete. Just prepping material zones then export to daz :)

BasicUV.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 513K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Jaderail said:

Prob not... Its rather tailored for news7. That said though... I'll see how well it converts to PP2, perhaps I'll email it to you... The file size as of yet is unknown.Dude, I'm no slouch at Mat swapping, but Really if you did the News 7 thing for you and just a standard texture set for a release it would be a great News room for any user. I fully understand the News 7 thing should stay yours and only yours.

edited December 1969

Perhaps :) I need to see how well it works and the size of the PP2.

edited October 2012

Material Zones Set. Exporting.

EDIT: A successful Import to DAZ :cheese:

News7-Import.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 388K
    Material_Zones_Render.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 256K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

News7 - Studio 1

First Off... I think I'm happy with this. I did want to have some neon lights, but the Uber Light tube just wont work for me :(

Other than that... :cheese: (A grin is the best smiley that describes it all lol)

News7-Complete_Studio1.jpg
    1500 x 833 - 611K
    edited October 2012

Very impressive! Re: the uber lighting...what version of DS are you using?

edited December 1969

Ds 4.5 pro. It the first time I attempted to use uber lighting and i just couldn't get it to work

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

And again an inspiring Spyro-creation.
    You make it look so easy...

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Ds 4.5 pro. It the first time I attempted to use uber lighting and i just couldn't get it to work

Which build? Some builds of DS4.5 had problems with area lights. The current one (4.5.1.6) does not have this problem, as far as I know.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Very impressive...and quick!

edited December 1969

Very Nice. I'm with Scott 4.5-6 fixes the area light issue.