Is the store broken?

TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
edited December 1969 in The Commons

When I go to the store, it looks like the CSS isn't loading. See attached screen cap.

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited December 1969

looks like the theme has gone belly up

same happens here :coolhmm:

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Try Ctrl + F5, that always solved it for me in the past.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,429
    edited December 1969

Not this time. Not even a fresh browser which has never visited the store before can fix it.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited October 2012

They were probably trying to fix the Welcome Page that several were complaining about because Vicky looked almost naked and screwed something up. Of course that is pure speculation and my post will probably be removed as is every other post of mine. I guess I am not good at socializing.

Edited to add: It's not the intro page because that is still up. They have changer the banner for the PC 10th anniversary.

Post edited by ledhead on
  • sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

The store is completely wonky for me as well.
    This whole thing is getting seriously tiresome ...

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

The page is all muddled up for me too. The refresh didn't work either.

• CurlyMacCurlyMac Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Technically, the store's been broken since August. Getting tired of all these little "glitches".

You're losing customers and sales left and right, DAZ. :-S

edited December 1969

Well actually since May 17th or thereabouts.

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

I get that a lot as well. *frown*

• Fire AngelFire Angel Posts: 229
    edited December 1969

I am amazed that DAZ have actually managed to produce something worse than the famous Content Paradise web site revamp. I never thought anyone would do that.

edited December 1969

Yeah I thought they got most of the bugs worked out and then around 3 weeks ago, WHAM, back to a screwed up store.

• Lori_TLori_T Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

When I go to the store, it looks like the CSS isn't loading. See attached screen cap.

This is hopeless! I cannot view any pages....t he main intro pages, the "My account" and download and the forum are the only ones that seem to be working

PLEASE FIX IT soon

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

CurlyMac said:
    Technically, the store's been broken since August. Getting tired of all these little "glitches".

You're losing customers and sales left and right, DAZ. :-S

Excessive b*tching is absolutely senseless. The store's been working beautifully for a good while for me, and the forums are finally working well (I had basically stopped coming to the new forums when they weren't fully functioning). Whatever's wrong now may have nothing to do with the past. It really looks like part of the database may have crashed, or the server corrupted, because it looks like what's happening is that either the css or the theme itself isn't loading, so all of the structural elements and images for the pages are missing. I've seen pages like that when my browser was blocking a website from fully loading.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    They were probably trying to fix the Welcome Page that several were complaining about because Vicky looked almost naked and screwed something up.

Glad that wasn't the case, hate to think they caved.

Yep, getting the same as thewheelman, can't access a complete formatted page to save my life.

• CurlyMacCurlyMac Posts: 39
    edited October 2012

Excessive b*tching is absolutely senseless. The store's been working beautifully for a good while for me, and the forums are finally working well (I had basically stopped coming to the new forums when they weren't fully functioning).

Couldn't be happier for you, Wheelman, but it's been all over the place for me since the change, even with multiple browsers (and I'm no tech-dummy). Even leading up to the website change-over, there seems to have been a steady degradation at DAZ ... in its operations and its approach to customers. Believe me, that hasn't been easy to watch, as DAZ is a company that I've held in high esteem for many years. Unfortunately, change in management seems to have yielded some unpleasant results for all involved. I suspect the DAZ folks will see a fairly significant impact in their financials when the smoke finally clears. This is just plain sad.

And, after all, one man's excessive b*tching is simply another man's way of advising a company whose site he's frequented for about 15 years (back to the Zygote days) that things are getting out of hand ... and hoping they do something to stem the bleeding and remain relevant.

Post edited by CurlyMac on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This problem didn't affect everyone. Even in the Mod group we had some had the problem and some who didn't, even those using the same browser.

It cleared up for me this morning. I closed my PC down last night, rebooted this morning and found that the store was behaving itself.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Come on fess up you broke it cho

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Who me ? I was only trying to find a skin for my Adult hatchling dragon, nothing too serious, was just browsing with Dragon as a search term.

Perhaps all the dragons ganged up and staged a revolution.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

yeah still your fault, trying to blame it on the poor ikcle dragons...

Yeah last night I got the same mess and early this morning (BST or GMT+1) same thing but now without restarting the computer, without clearing the cache and all that I can now see it properly.