Faceless morph for Genesis?

FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
edited March 2020 in The Commons

[Faceless morph for Genesis?] Anyone know of one?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited October 2012

Good question. Not that I've seen.

Though, I'm sure that the second one surfaces, Slim Man will dramatically increase in sales... ;)

EDIT: My post number has reached 404... The most reoccurring number I see on my internet browser every time I reinstall bits of my old Gen 4 content! :-)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

would probably be easier to make a geografted 'mask' to hide the face.... maybe?
    Or you could possibly take a primative, deform it and scale it to approximately face size, and if ts bubble enough (so only touches sides of face/top/bottom of face, not the nose/mouth) you could use smoothing to make it fit the face.... or use a deformer on genesis face to flatten it first, and pull it back into the head, before doing the smooth thing.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Good idea, thanks guys. =) I tried using Sickle's lipless and noseless morphs but they don't show up in DS 4.0 =( I tried making morphs in Hex but it crashed on me. Postwork is probably going to be the easiest. It's just for a 200x200 avatar so it doesn't have to be perfect on close inspection.

edited December 1969

Fisty here's a quick example of a crude primitive mask made from a sphere, deformers, and smoothing, and a deformer for the face. Obviously texture is something you have to work out, an its only matching the outer edge of the face not the actual shape, so could probably send you the obj if you need it.

I slapped your plain velvet shader on it

Then I liked it so much I put your sparkles on it....

O.o

noface2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 354K
    noface.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 350K
    edited October 2012

darn double post, forum's having issues and kept saying my post could not get through because the page was down.... >_<;;;</p>

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

They look good and a wee bit creepy, especially with the textures!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited October 2012

I could probably whip one up in ZBrush as a morph for Genesis. I'm sure someone will get to it before I do but it's probably not that hard to achieve. That way the skin textures would all work. A face skin with no eyebrows would give quite a freaky look!

You want ears gone too or with ears?

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

I've got a noface prop for v4 floating around in my sharecg freebies. If you don't take anyone else up on their offers, you could turn that prop into a conformer for genesis and then reverse the v4 shape out of it?

edited December 1969

I sent a PM to Bella but she's not gotten back to me yet.

This is what I have so far, tried for what I felt I could post work easiest. The trick is I need to preserve the jaw and skull shape and the beard.

(Nice beard, eh, Joe?) =D

facelessdraft1.jpg
    750 x 750 - 183K
    edited December 1969

Oh.. should point out I'm still using DS 4.0.3 if either of you were feeling froggy about helping me out. I woulda just used Sickle's morphs and been happy if they'd worked but she updated them for 4.5 and now they apparently don't work in 4.0 'cause they don't show up anywhere, even tried searching for the names in all morph and shapes.

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Oh.. should point out I'm still using DS 4.0.3 if either of you were feeling froggy about helping me out. I woulda just used Sickle's morphs and been happy if they'd worked but she updated them for 4.5 and now they apparently don't work in 4.0 'cause they don't show up anywhere, even tried searching for the names in all morph and shapes.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/45297/gallery/11/Poser/V4-No-Face-Prop

Here's my V4 noface prop if you want to give it ago. Hypothetically, you should be able to load it, click the scene tab and go to assets->create clothing. I would think that somewhere in there it would give you the option to reverse out the V4 shape.

edited December 1969

Awesome, thanks! I'll just do a quick Gn fitting on it in Hex and use the transfer utility on it. =D /hugs!

edited December 1969

Well, glad your taken care of hon. I've moved to 4.5 at this point so *poof* :P

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    I sent a PM to Bella but she's not gotten back to me yet.

This is what I have so far, tried for what I felt I could post work easiest. The trick is I need to preserve the jaw and skull shape and the beard.

(Nice beard, eh, Joe?) =D

Is that the "Town and Country" Shirt? I need to dress a land shark up like a pizza boy and haven't quite decided on a button up shirt to go with.

edited December 1969

Yeah, seems to be pretty nice, at least what I've seen, not pulled back the camera to inspect the rest of it.

Your face prop is working pretty well so far, I'll post up a pic in a bit. =)

edited December 1969

Well this isn't 100% perfect texture wise and I'll need to do a little post work on the beard under the lip but overall I think it's pretty super. =) Thanks Joe! (and everyone else too!)

And the town and country shirt is awesome, I checked it out.

facelessdraft2.jpg
    750 x 750 - 179K
    edited December 1969

Sorry, it was 5:30 am when i finished the prop and fell asleep at the computer so never sent it... you found somethng better than my silly obj anyway >_<</p>

edited December 1969

I love you anyway! You're a sweetie! <3 !</p>

Here's the finished picture.. hope it scales to 200x200 without looking too awful.

FacelessAviLg.jpg
    750 x 750 - 279K
    edited December 1969

it's a fantastic pic and probably better that way than with my slapped together obj (which I even saved as a prop for me to use easily in the future) :)

edited December 1969

Thanks =) I'm happy with it.. That was a gift for my boss..

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Well...I guess I don't need to rush to finish this guy.

Need to figure out a way to get rid of the line where the mouth is when using a displacement map. With a flesh-tone texture map, the line is barely noticeable. But add in some displacement...like on this 'bone' texture and it shows up.

faceless3.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 168K
    faceless4.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 267K
    edited December 1969

I'd finish it! That's quite different than what I was doing, would be great for Halloween renders! =)

edited December 1969

The original was more 'normal'...the cheeks weren't sunken and the head wasn't as elongated. I went in and made him that way, after you said you got it covered...then I played around with Ramwolff's and SY's port of the DieTrying morph packs...and came up with this,

faceless.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 109K
    edited December 1969

LIKE! Now I'm more interested in doing a freaky full body and faceless morph to add into the Bruno package (even open up PS and make a matching faceless matching skin for him) While I'm not into zombies I am into supernatural weird like this. Makes me think of "American Horror Story" for some reason!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    LIKE! Now I'm more interested in doing a freaky full body and faceless morph to add into the Bruno package (even open up PS and make a matching faceless matching skin for him) While I'm not into zombies I am into supernatural weird like this. Makes me think of "American Horror Story" for some reason!

Most of that body is just your sliders...with just a little DT thrown in...

edited December 1969

Yea, looked familiar but still.... you have inspired me further! THANKS!

edited December 1969

Awesome! Great work!

edited December 1969

Got pretty far but the symmetry messed up on Genesis in ZB so asked if there was a fix for this within ZB.. it's a presaved ZTL file so not sure if it's a bug or what.... DANG IT!

• How can I apply a skin texture to the prop V4 No Face by JoeQuick?

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270

How can I apply a skin texture to the prop V4 No Face by JoeQuick?

I had to Google it and I guess you're talking about something found on ShareCG that was made 9 years ago or so? According to the blurb next to the product there, it says "ace covering smart prop for V4, you can make your own texture by sampling from your favorite V4 character set or by applying some general skin texture to mask and character alike". So it sounds like you have to make your own skin texture for it and then manually load them in the surfaces of the mask from the Surfaces Tab.