DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 is now available

Comments

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited October 2012

Oh, good -- so I'm not the only person totally ticked off by this "update". It either crashes to the desktop when I try to load content into the scene, or it lock-ups when I try to clear the scene. Way to go, DAZ -- solve one problem, and introduce two more...

Post edited by Morpheon on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited October 2012

DAZ said:
    DAZ Studio has been updated to version 4.5.1.6.

DAZ 3D Plugins that were available for version 4.5.0.114 were updated but will NOT need to be updated (re-downloaded) since they are compatible with this new version.

This release contains numerous bug fixes and other enhancements - including support for the DSON Importer for Poser. See the change log for more details. The Genesis Essentials Starter Bundle (default Genesis content) has also been updated to support this release but is not required to download for users of version 4.5.0.114.

The new version of DAZ Studio is available here.

I still notice the Recompiling shader message when using the built in UberSurface among many others.
    Post edited by Szark on
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

The recently-update Reality 2.0 for DAZ Studio also does not like this newest version of DS4.5 Pro.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

I am about to take the plunge and install 4.5 -- had to revert to 4.0 earlier but now there's a new update so I'll give it another chance. All my files are backed up, what I need to know now is do I need to install the Genesis Starter Essentials 1.6 file if I also have the one that came with the DSON for Poser plugin? I'm planning to use Genesis in both Studio and Poser.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    I am about to take the plunge and install 4.5 -- had to revert to 4.0 earlier but now there's a new update so I'll give it another chance. All my files are backed up, what I need to know now is do I need to install the Genesis Starter Essentials 1.6 file if I also have the one that came with the DSON for Poser plugin? I'm planning to use Genesis in both Studio and Poser.

No, the 1.6 version is the same for both DS 4.5.1.6 and the DSON Importer.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

Thanks, wasn't quite sure on account of different file sizes. I have also reset all my products that have been updated, do I need to uninstall the old versions first or will just running the new installers do that for me? Trying not to end up with duplicates and confusing the poor thing. :red:

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Thanks, wasn't quite sure on account of different file sizes. I have also reset all my products that have been updated, do I need to uninstall the old versions first or will just running the new installers do that for me? Trying not to end up with duplicates and confusing the poor thing. :red:

I believe installing the new one will uninstall the old, but I'm not certain, as I install to a dummy location and then move to my real cntent folders, so the uninstallers won't work for me.

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

How large is the dl? I've reset my download for DS4 pro and keep getting time-out errors. latest attempt died at 84 meg.

Edit: I can't download anything!!!
    Have reset several items and have used up all my dl's because they all die before dl is done!! WTF!?

Post edited by flashback on
  • MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited October 2012

Mercedesk said:
    First, let me apologize right off the bat if this has been posted anywhere and dealt with. If so, please give me the link to the fix.

Okay, as I was installing this new upgrade 4.5.1.6 = I began getting errors - I clicked ignore because after the second attempt and getting the sames errors, I wanted to write them down. I did go on with the install, but I haven't gone any further - I stopped to make this post.

Errors:

icudt30.dll
    icuin30_x64.dll
    icuuc30_x64.dll
    vkernel_release_x64.dll
    vshared_release_x64.dll

Please, if anyone knows - why did I get the above errors and will Daz Studio function normally after installing while getting the above errors? What malfunctions will the errors cause within the program? Should I just reinstall the previous and wait a while before moving ahead?

These are related to the valentinadb used in the CMS. We need to know the actual error(s) that you are getting before we can tell you what is going on.

Kendall

Huh? Is that not what I listed ??? The errors? That list is EXACTLY what I got while trying to install. Nothing else I can give you. Windows 7 OS - ...

TwoError.jpg
    1250 x 1079 - 319K
    OneError.jpg
    1250 x 1079 - 279K
    Post edited by MKeyes on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:
    Mercedesk said:
    First, let me apologize right off the bat if this has been posted anywhere and dealt with. If so, please give me the link to the fix.

Okay, as I was installing this new upgrade 4.5.1.6 = I began getting errors - I clicked ignore because after the second attempt and getting the sames errors, I wanted to write them down. I did go on with the install, but I haven't gone any further - I stopped to make this post.

Errors:

icudt30.dll
    icuin30_x64.dll
    icuuc30_x64.dll
    vkernel_release_x64.dll
    vshared_release_x64.dll

Please, if anyone knows - why did I get the above errors and will Daz Studio function normally after installing while getting the above errors? What malfunctions will the errors cause within the program? Should I just reinstall the previous and wait a while before moving ahead?

These are related to the valentinadb used in the CMS. We need to know the actual error(s) that you are getting before we can tell you what is going on.

Kendall

Huh? Is that not what I listed ??? The errors? That list is EXACTLY what I got while trying to install. Nothing else I can give you. Windows 7 OS - ...

OK. Are you running any type of malware protection such as Avast? If so, these will cause problems with the ValentinaDB as the sandbox will get in the way. If so, disable the protection during the install.

If there is no malware protection: try uninstalling the CMS separately, and then reinstall DS4

Kendall

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

I get around the CMS conflicts on re-installs to the samedb location by first disabling the DAZ Content Manager Service in Windows services. (Start > Run>Services.msc)

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:
    Mercedesk said:

Errors:

icudt30.dll
    icuin30_x64.dll
    icuuc30_x64.dll
    vkernel_release_x64.dll
    vshared_release_x64.dll

Kendall

OK. Are you running any type of malware protection such as Avast? If so, these will cause problems with the ValentinaDB as the sandbox will get in the way. If so, disable the protection during the install.

If there is no malware protection: try uninstalling the CMS separately, and then reinstall DS4

Kendall

You were right, it was the Avast. I turned it off... and now 4.5.1.6 is installed.

Now... how do I get CMS to run and STAY running? The last two versions, it will NOT stay on, and run without having me going into Task Manager to get it started. Or going into Start up under Daz3d and then, Content Management yadda yadda - I start it there as well, if the first place doesn't work.

Well, with the new install... STILL not working. Which sucks, because I really got dependent on using it. And just when I got smooth with it, GONE. *sigh*

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    edited December 1969

I updated to DS 4.5.1.6 from a previously installed 4.5 version. I installed 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.exe. Now whenever I open a previously saved DUF scene that used content from the Genesis Starter Essentials, it cannot find the texture files. The textures are there in the same folder, but they have new names! I had the problem with Aldora hair, SallyMae hair, Journey Scout and Kids 4 Basic Wear.

I submitted a bug report. https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48199
    Can anyone confirm this problem?

edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:
    Mercedesk said:
    Mercedesk said:

Errors:

icudt30.dll
    icuin30_x64.dll
    icuuc30_x64.dll
    vkernel_release_x64.dll
    vshared_release_x64.dll

Kendall

Kendall

You were right, it was the Avast. I turned it off... and now 4.5.1.6 is installed.

Now... how do I get CMS to run and STAY running? The last two versions, it will NOT stay on, and run without having me going into Task Manager to get it started. Or going into Start up under Daz3d and then, Content Management yadda yadda - I start it there as well, if the first place doesn't work.

Well, with the new install... STILL not working. Which sucks, because I really got dependent on using it. And just when I got smooth with it, GONE. *sigh*

If you disable Avast temporarily, does the CMS keep running?

edited October 2012

barbult said:
    I updated to DS 4.5.1.6 from a previously installed 4.5 version. I installed 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.exe. Now whenever I open a previously saved DUF scene that used content from the Genesis Starter Essentials, it cannot find the texture files. The textures are there in the same folder, but they have new names! I had the problem with Aldora hair, SallyMae hair, Journey Scout and Kids 4 Basic Wear.

It looks like they've changed the folder names rather than the file names -- are you seeing the same folder but different file names?

ETA: I see, in some cases they renamed the files as well.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited October 2012

Mercedesk said:
    Mercedesk said:
    Mercedesk said:

Errors:

icudt30.dll
    icuin30_x64.dll
    icuuc30_x64.dll
    vkernel_release_x64.dll
    vshared_release_x64.dll

Kendall

Kendall

As fixmypcmike suggested, Avast might be killing the CMS due to the need for a TCP port it doesn't recognize. Otherwise, make sure that the CMS service is set to 'Automatic' Startup in the Services Utility in the Control Panel.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited October 2012

barbult said:

It looks like they've changed the folder names rather than the file names -- are you seeing the same folder but different file names?

ETA: I see, in some cases they renamed the files as well.
    These are a couple of the errors I've seen. After that I got tired of copying the error boxes. It takes a long time, but I can go through each message and locate the renamed file. What a pain! Why would DAZ rename files and kill compatibility with saved scenes? >:(
    Edit: You are right. They changed directories and file names.

FJCelticAccessoriesS_error.jpg
    516 x 110 - 62K
    SallyMae_textures_renamed.jpg
    516 x 110 - 66K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

Well, maybe I'm a lucky fella because it was installed with no problems like mentioned in previous pages.

nph2.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 701K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

:red: Download issues again, sorry -- what are the file sizes of DAZStudio_4.5.1.6_Win64.exe and 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.exe supposed to be? And these are still the latest versions, right?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited October 2012

DS 4.5.1.6 131,977KB
    Genesis 1.6 439,520KB

Yes, those are the current official releases.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5.1.6 131,977KB
    Genesis 1.6 439,520KB

Yes, those are the current official releases.

Thanks!
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

As fixmypcmike suggested, Avast might be killing the CMS due to the need for a TCP port it doesn't recognize. Otherwise, make sure that the CMS service is set to 'Automatic' Startup in the Services Utility in the Control Panel.

Kendall

With Windows...UAC, firewalls and AVs all 'fighting' to 'protect' your machine...it's a wonder anything can get installed and run properly...except malware, that is.

edited October 2012

mjc1016 said:

Kendall

With Windows...UAC, firewalls and AVs all 'fighting' to 'protect' your machine...it's a wonder anything can get installed and run properly...except malware, that is.

Ummm. Not gonna happen :-)

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • roberthutchinsonroberthutchinson Posts: 306
    edited October 2012

This sure is getting confusing. I do not know what I have, as far as plugins, will work or not with these newer versions of studio. Just when I think that all I have will work, a newer version comes out and some plugins work and some don't. Is there going to be a time when the studio will have been updated to stability and then we can see what the fall out is in what plugins need updating? I have a mess, here, with many plugins purchased, but do not know if they work or not...

Post edited by roberthutchinson on
    edited December 1969

Plugins (and shaders and scripts) have not needed an update since the original 4.5 release (the first non-beta, that is, 4.5.0.114).

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,641
    edited December 1969

Resetting my download for DS 4.5 beta didn't work. The old version came up for download and not DS 4.5.1.6. How do i fix this?

(Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. I couldn't find it.)

edited December 1969

You need to reset a non-beta version of 4.5. If you don't have one, buy 4.5 in the store for 0$.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,641
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    You need to reset a non-beta version of 4.5. If you don't have one, buy 4.5 in the store for 0$.

Thanks, barbult. That works.

:-)

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've just installed DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 and have a new Decimator registration which I entered in the dialog.

Problem: Decimator is not showing up under Tabs even after restarting DS.

Do I need to install it again?

edited December 1969

Shouldn't - go to help>About installed plugins and make sure the serial took.