So... no more weekly freebies from DAZ?

StrixObscuroStrixObscuro Posts: 21
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Has DAZ decided to do away with weekly freebies?

Combined with the apparent abolition of Fastgrabs, I'm having a hard time seeing why I should be excited about this "new" DAZ...

Comments

• FlipFlip Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Maybe they can now find the time to get Bryce to function on Intel macs?

• forestgroveforestgrove Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/ultralight

Appears that they aren't going away. It took a while to find it, thanks to the disappearance of the search filter for free items. I popped into Environments and Props, figuring that's what most of the freebies have been, and sorted by ascending price.

• EvilQueeny17EvilQueeny17 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

I thought that Ultralight was last weeks freebie? I have not seen one for this week.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

EvilQueen said:
    I thought that Ultralight was last weeks freebie? I have not seen one for this week.

It was.

Dana

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Not sure what's making you think there are no more weekly freebies? They've certainly never said that. Yes, Ultralight was last week's freebie, but it should have become a normal priced item today - since the store wasn't working most of last week, looks like they're just keeping it another week.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Perhaps they are being thoughtful enough to hold the glider over since the store was down and we could not pick it up much of the time it has been on offer.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

They have offered up some nice $1.00 items in the store to possibly make up for any delays. Just look under new releases.

:-)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Commons as it's a worry about, not an offer of, freebies.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

New Forum ... new quote!!! And hay, some neat smilies ... this one should be useful.

:blank:

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited May 2012

Is that your first "Moved to the Commons" x-freebie post in the new forums?!? :lol:
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • CyonixCyonix Posts: 210
    edited December 1969

And thus the forums moved one step closer to being back to normal :-)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197
    edited December 1969

Is that your first "Moved to the Commons" x-freebie post in the new forums?!? :lol:

Yes.

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Nice to see that this function still works. :-)

• WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited May 2012

music2u4u said:
    They have offered up some nice $1.00 items in the store to possibly make up for any delays. Just look under new releases.

:-)

I sure hope they aren't considering turning the freebie into a dollar product.
    :blank:

Post edited by Wakakanada on
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Ahhh... Now it's official! We're really back LOLOL

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    edited May 2012

Yes.

Even in these trying times, One MUST maintain order, or there will be Chaos! :-)

With the the minor issue of the Store forgetting that some items are 1.99 and what is required for this and that.
    Maybe holding on of the $0.00 is a good idea.

Post edited by Haslor on
    edited December 1969

I could swear I posted to this thread!

Looks like the freebie from last week has gone back to normal. I'll be surprised if there's a weekly freebie this week given all the Daz staff is dealing with, but maybe they'll surprise me :)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,219
    edited December 1969

definitely a reminder of the good old days! :)

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

definitely a reminder of the good old days! :)

lol, congrats Richard, on the first moving to the Commons post - does it make you feel at home again? :)

edited December 1969

Aaaaaaaaaaand, last week's freebie is free again :)

Or it was, when I was last able to see the new releases...
    ;-P

• Charlie TunaCharlie Tuna Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

Looks like the freebie from last week has gone back to normal. I'll be surprised if there's a weekly freebie this week given all the Daz staff is dealing with, but maybe they'll surprise me :)

The Ultralight is still free, just dropped it in my cart along with the bracers from this week :)

edited December 1969

The Ultralight is still free, just dropped it in my cart along with the bracers from this week :)

;) See my post just above yours ;)

• edited December 1969

New freebie up today: Genesis Bracers.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Speaking of freebies, What about the really old ones in the weekly archive? http://free.daz3d.com/free_weekly/archive_list.php (dead link) I've scraped this area pretty thoroughly, but it was a great resource to have to point people too. Some of these items were even used in New Users Contests. Any chance we get this area restored?

edited December 1969

hecate61 said:
    New freebie up today: Genesis Bracers.

And before anyone gets upset about it being Genesis specific, this is not a "weekly freebie", it's sort of an apology to those buying the new Supersuit because they were having issues with the pricing discounts.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

So we're back to not having a weekly freebie then? >:(

Dana

• BrotherHadesBrotherHades Posts: 87
    edited December 1969

Whether the bracers are the weekly freebie or not they are still nice to get for free, so I am not going to complain one way or the other.

edited December 1969

Whether the bracers are the weekly freebie or not they are still nice to get for free, so I am not going to complain one way or the other.

Definitely, they are!

So we're back to not having a weekly freebie then? >:(

Dana

It looks like there's no weekly freebie this week, but I wouldn't read much into that. There have been weeks in the past when there's been no weekly freebie. Tomorrow's Tuesday, so hopefully there will be one then :)

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

With the obvious money DAZ has lost this past couple of weeks, I could understand them not giving out any freebies for a bit.

I certainly for one do not want them going under, not only for their sake, but for many of us who have too much time and money invested in their product.

After these thoughts mentioned, I am still willing to bet that DAZ will do whatever they feel needs to be done to appease us in one way or another as I have had nothing but excellent support from them for whatever issue has come up for me in the past.

Of course I have only been doing this since February, so my experience with them is limited, but nevertheless satisfying.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

A freebie has been put in the store today!