VooDoo for M4 and Genesis -Now Available - [commercial]

2»

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Glad you guys like him.

I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean (latest one) and that inspired a different kind of zombie type character than normal.....and he evolved out of that idea.

Rawn

I don't remember any character similar to this. Of course, I have eyes only for Johnny Depp until about the 8th time I've seen one of his movies.

I gotta get this Voodoo that you do so well.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

I used several of Raw's characters in this one

Voodoo-2sm.jpg
    2000 x 785 - 468K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    RawArt said:
    Glad you guys like him.

I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean (latest one) and that inspired a different kind of zombie type character than normal.....and he evolved out of that idea.

Rawn

I don't remember any character similar to this. Of course, I have eyes only for Johnny Depp until about the 8th time I've seen one of his movies.

I only saw that movie once and that was in theaters. I do not remember any character like him either. I remember Johnny Depp. I also remember the mermaids and the guy who fell in love with a mermaid. Wonder how I can watch that movie again. Maybe with netflix streaming.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,746
    edited October 2012

AtticAnne said:
    RawArt said:
    Glad you guys like him.

Rawn

I only saw that movie once and that was in theaters. I do not remember any character like him either. I remember Johnny Depp. I also remember the mermaids and the guy who fell in love with a mermaid. Wonder how I can watch that movie again. Maybe with netflix streaming.

On Blackbeards crew was a guy named "Gunner" who was the main inspiration.
    If you see it again...you will easily recognize him

http://www.jewelrypropshop.com/images/potczom2.gif

Rawn

Post edited by RawArt on
    edited December 1969

I'm really enjoying this character.

Horseman-1.jpg
    1060 x 1536 - 459K
    edited December 1969

wow...you are really getting into the halloween spirit....very cool

edited December 1969

I had to make a render too.

voodoo-pirate.jpg
    879 x 878 - 228K
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Amazing character and the textures are as always awesome.

Used the texture on a female.

That is one of the nice things about Genesis. Out of curiosity, what morph did you use?

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

Thank you for continuing to support M4---although I like genesis, I still use Poser from time to time so the M4 option is appreciated!

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Amazing character and the textures are as always awesome.

Used the texture on a female.

That is one of the nice things about Genesis. Out of curiosity, what morph did you use?

Its mainly one of Sabby's Genesis faces.
    heres the rest

Capture1.JPG
    248 x 479 - 34K
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    I had to make a render too.

That is one mean looking dude.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

I seem to be having a bit of trouble getting good renders out of this character. The design is awesome but his texture is extremely dark. If I load him into a scene I have to set up a high powered spotlight on his face to get much in the way of detail at all. Is there a trick I'm missing? I've seen other people's renders and they look amazing. I don't have this problem with other texture sets either. I can do a quick load and render with just default studio lighting if anyone wants to see what I mean.

edited December 1969

I seem to be having a bit of trouble getting good renders out of this character. The design is awesome but his texture is extremely dark. If I load him into a scene I have to set up a high powered spotlight on his face to get much in the way of detail at all. Is there a trick I'm missing? I've seen other people's renders and they look amazing. I don't have this problem with other texture sets either. I can do a quick load and render with just default studio lighting if anyone wants to see what I mean.

He is a dark character, but I never did anything fancy for the lights. In both poser and d/s i used the basic 3 point light setup and it worked fine for me.
    You could maybe try some uberlights to give you more overall ambient lighting to help lighten it up for you.

Rawn

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Is anyone else having trouble finding: 4_VooDooMouth_T.jpg ? I don't see at all.

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Is anyone else having trouble finding: 4_VooDooMouth_T.jpg ? I don't see at all.

It should be there

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

As generic help for darker skin characters, you might want to try adjusting the specularity in your lighting. If using one light that's slightly blue and another that's slightly peach/orange, you may want to swap their intensity levels. What are your lighting settings?