Itemized order history, how do I sort by Date ordered or order #?

StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have 29 pages of order history, it's alphabetical, I don't see a way of sorting it. I need to see my last two months.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

AT this time you are not able to sort the history in any way. DAZ is aware of this and hopefully they will have a fix for it sometime in the near future.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

ok, thank you. At least I wasn't having a it's right in front of me and I'm just not seeing it moment (again).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

although the Itemised History is not in date order, the "My Orders" section is, so you could maybe find all your orders there, and see what you have ordered in the last 2 months, as you can view the orders.

• edited December 1969

Er, I have been with DAZ 3D for quite a few years now and I have 109 pages of Itemized Order History. After few attempts at trying to find things by going through page by page, I have lost the will to do so any more.

Other people must have massive numbers of pages.

How about at least making the list searchable, like it used to be?

Cheers,
    Mike.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Itemised order history is in Alphabetical order. The first items will be the ones with non-alphabetical symbols at the start, but once you get past those the rest is alphabetical. You can also alter the number of items on the page so it shows 50 at a time, to make it easier.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited October 2012

mickeyg said:

If you're on Windows, then Taozen's History Manager has a search. It's still alphabetical order, though.

It's in my sig.

If you're stuck with Itemized Order History, there's a tip to make it less painful.

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/customer/account/itemizedHistory/?p=2

Change the "2" at the end of the link, to the page number you want..

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • edited December 1969

Thanks for the suggestions.

Finding a page by modifying the url is a neat trick - thanks :).

And yes, the Itemized Order History is obviously in alphabetical order - I realized that. If I had an equal number of purchased items under each letter of the alphabet, then it would be fairly straightforward to use arithmetic to calculate the page number. But the world is not like that and I don't have items equally spread like that. Just making the list searchable would solve the problem instantly.

Anyway, thanks again for the replies,
    Mike.

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:
    mickeyg said:

If you're on Windows, then Taozen's History Manager has a search. It's still alphabetical order, though.

It's in my sig.

If you're stuck with Itemized Order History, there's a tip to make it less painful.

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/customer/account/itemizedHistory/?p=2

Change the "2" at the end of the link, to the page number you want..

I'm using this tool meanwhile as well - and it's by far the best for this purpose, which I've ever seen.
    Loading is easy, updating as well and you only have to scroll through ONE page to find the item, you're searching for ! *boththumbsup*

Maybe, Daz should use it, too ;-)

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

I've said this before, but it would be an adequate solution if there were a button that caused a complete order history, in some easily-processed form like comma-separated-values or XML, to be downloaded. One could then use any number of tools on one's own computer to sort, search, tabulate, index, brief, debrief, or number one's order history. And no matter how complicated Magneto is inside, this sort of thing should be extremely easy to implement.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited October 2012

Ostadan said:
    I've said this before, but it would be an adequate solution if there were a button that caused a complete order history, in some easily-processed form like comma-separated-values or XML, to be downloaded. One could then use any number of tools on one's own computer to sort, search, tabulate, index, brief, debrief, or number one's order history. And no matter how complicated Magneto is inside, this sort of thing should be extremely easy to implement.

This makes far too much sense. Therefore it will never happen. Much like government solutions.

We are doomed for an indeterminant time to kludge our way around the much "improved" DAZ website that apparently requires so much time to fix to be even generally functional (months and months, so far) that really useful things like a sortable purchase list is still undone. :-(

And this oft given reply that "the list is alphabetical, just jump to the right page and 'viola' you have it", works (with some difficulty) only if you know the first letter of the exact title of the item you're looking for. :-Q

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Ostadan said:

I am NOT a number, I am a FREE item! (Sorry, the #6 in me couldn't resist.) :lol:

I agree the simple ability to dump the whole history to a CSV file would be a vast (not half-vast) improvement...

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

Have anyboody tried asking them for this? Don't think they read the forums.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited October 2012

Taozen said:

I've read a number of times that DAZ has said that they are aware of this issue.

Which is like saying that the State, local and Federal highway departments are aware that road & bridge infrastructure is in disrepair. :-o

Apparently there are just not enough qualified personnel or finances available to properly tackle either problem.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • ravenraven Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

As chohole said earlier, just click on 'My Orders' as that list is in most recent date order. Set the number of orders displayed to 50 and then just view each order in a new window. That's how I view my recent orders anyway.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:

I've read a number of times that DAZ has said that they are aware of this issue.

Yes, but I don't think a CSV or XML solution would be the first one they'd think of, as most people probably don't even know what these formats are or how to use them. But I imagine they might offer it as an alternative to whatever general solution they might choose, if you ask for it, as it is so easy to make.

edited December 1969

[Apparently there are just not enough qualified personnel or finances available to properly tackle either problem.

Well such a thing easily becomes a vicious circle - the bad store reduces sales, which agan means less money to fix the bad store, etc. etc...