Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Also, I don't know how to break this to you gently, Allesandro but...

You came in second in the "Sexiest Tutorial Voice - Male" category as judged by my wife.

Paolo of Reality fame came in first. Sorry.

...but there is always next year. :)

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

LOL that was funny. My g/f she says I sound like Duffy Duck and I should be ashamed to do those voice movies. Go figure out... :lol:

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    While I was out, I've read a message posted by bigh that has been removed by the moderator.
    For me there was no problem to leave it visible.

@bigh: there are 23 INFINITO tutorial movies on my YT channel. You've always been upset about these tutorials and I honestly don't understand how many more movies I should have done to satisfy you.
    I said I would have done, time allowing, another set of movies to show how I did the Avatar-like floating mountain. I said also that LAMH would have been probably ready in the beginning of September.
    When I can't comply with planned work, it's not because "I don't care of customers" as you said; it's just because things often get more complicated than expected, and need more time and care than planned in the beginning. In the future I'll be very careful with "promising" and scheduling releases, so that nobody will get upset.

So back to us bigh, if you feel that the plugin is useless, please ask a refund to DAZ and if there are issues with that, contact me to my email ( info at alessandromastronardi.com ) and I'll refund it myself. Ok?

I want to apologize to you and every one else for my rant .
    Well sent you a pm .
    Takes a big man to apologize, so my hat's off to you!!!
    Know how frustrating it can get, all the new stuff in DAZ and no real Doc to help.

• edited December 1969

MCMXC said:
    Presets for anime hair too?

What kind of anime hair and for what figure? Hitomi?

I mean like these http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/381/P450/#136301

edited December 1969

bigh said:

Well sent you a pm .

Hi bigh, just checking out that didn't receive any PM, so in case you did you know something went wrong.

edited December 1969

Is there any way to drag the end of the hair towards a certain area> Like a hair "Magnet" if you will?

Are hairs affected by DForm?

Just checkin'.

Also I never wanted you to INCLUDE presets at all. I am just happy with the tools and I am sure RAMWolff, being a professional hair stylist might be able to come up with a few presets himself if he gets his hands on the product. Imagine, RAMMY! Never having to tell them to sit still or stop moving or dealing with fidgetty kids in the chair. *chuckle*

My intention was to CREATE hair style presets and market them not only for those WITH the product but to make sets with morphs for those who didn't have the product.

edited December 1969

I'd say that DForm's would work if you export hair as geometry (i.e. obj) but not on RenderMan curves.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

I don't cut kids hair! YUK.... :P When my adults are moving too much I just slap them and they stop fidgeting! lmao

DForms and a quick trip into ZBrush will add needed morphs. Though not the nice ones that can be done with individual pieces, not that I can see so far. Time will tell, we will figure all that out when this fabulous program is released.

edited December 1969

RAMMY? If you make presets? I look forward to them very much. *smile*

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

FYI, this combined with one of the atmospheric cameras (the one that can do neat displacement maps) could help in hair creation for traditional transmapped hair.

Hair resource files are nice and dandy, yeah, but you could create blank hair sample, then color it in photoshop or such (or heck, just render it as is), do displacement etc, and then slap it on your traditional creation. You'd have more control on curls, curves, locks, etc...

Would show what I mean, but I got worklike render going on right now. :)

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    FYI, this combined with one of the atmospheric cameras (the one that can do neat displacement maps) could help in hair creation for traditional transmapped hair.

Hair resource files are nice and dandy, yeah, but you could create blank hair sample, then color it in photoshop or such (or heck, just render it as is), do displacement etc, and then slap it on your traditional creation. You'd have more control on curls, curves, locks, etc...

Would show what I mean, but I got worklike render going on right now. :)

You tired? I think thats the first time I have no idea what you're talking about!

edited December 1969

Nuuuuuuuu!

This is the camera I mean.

Now, look at this section in the User Guide.

You know how "normal" DAZ/Poser hair has bump, displacement, etc?

Okay. Create a primitive plane, with hair, let's say, sticking upward. You do some styling to it, comb some curves, whatevs.

The point is that you render it, then apply color filters in Photoshop (if you're that sort of person, or render straight if not), and basically use this for easier, better, cleaner, more controlled "normal" DAZ/Poser hair mapping for those who can't make a move to this wondrous thing yet for one reason or another. This is much nicer way to generate such mapping, rather than relying "fibers" option in Photoshop...

edited December 1969

Either tired or a genius. Either way, I didn't follow it either. :)

Skiriki?

Are you saying combine traditional hair making methods at the core of a hair product and then use LAMH around the edges so that the core has good body and thickness with transmaps and such and then use LAMH around the edges and along the surface for a realistic but lower-poly solution to creating hair models?

edited October 2012

No no no no. Well there is prolly that too, but I'm talking about texture creation. I ran into a frustrating problem earlier, as I was trying to find good substitute for Mitsu Hair (for Genesis) textures, which needed to be natural, rather than anime. I found none. My own hair resources weren't fine-tuned for that sort of hair, so the end result was rather clunky.

But, if I were to render a bunch of hair, styled like I wish, for texture... from diffuse, to bump, displacement, specular, maybe even opacity... and then apply the resulting textures to that frustrating Mitsu Hair.

Again, I'd show, but this dang render is still ongoing! :(

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Nuuuuuuuu!

This is the camera I mean.

Now, look at this section in the User Guide.

You know how "normal" DAZ/Poser hair has bump, displacement, etc?

Okay. Create a primitive plane, with hair, let's say, sticking upward. You do some styling to it, comb some curves, whatevs.

The point is that you render it, then apply color filters in Photoshop (if you're that sort of person, or render straight if not), and basically use this for easier, better, cleaner, more controlled "normal" DAZ/Poser hair mapping for those who can't make a move to this wondrous thing yet for one reason or another. This is much nicer way to generate such mapping, rather than relying "fibers" option in Photoshop...

Now I gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I was confused before:)

• KrazyHorse2KrazyHorse2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    No no no no. Well there is prolly that too, but I'm talking about texture creation. I ran into a frustrating problem earlier, as I was trying to find good substitute for Mitsu Hair (for Genesis) textures, which needed to be natural, rather than anime. I found none. My own hair resources weren't fine-tuned for that sort of hair, so the end result was rather clunky.

But, if I were to render a bunch of hair, styled like I wish, for texture... from diffuse, to bump, displacement, specular, maybe even opacity... and then apply the resulting textures to that frustrating Mitsu Hair.

Again, I'd show, but this dang render is still ongoing! :(

I follow what you are saying... Let's see if the others figure it out. ROFLMAO

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

Oh HUNNY, you know I will share with everybuddy! lol

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    RKane_1 said:

Oh HUNNY, you know I will share with everybuddy! lol

I just started laughing when I read this. The question is? Who will be more demanding/finicky, your real life customers or your cyber ones?

edited December 1969

Uh, in my universe? BOTH! Trust me, it's true! lmao :P

edited December 1969

Here's a look at the Clump deformer this is just a dial no brushing involved.

clump.jpg
    1326 x 851 - 437K
    edited December 1969

That's awesome. Is there a way to mask of areas so the clunping tool only affects certain areas?

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    That's awesome. Is there a way to mask of areas so the clunping tool only affects certain areas?

Kane yes there is because it uses layers so you could create a shavegroup(layer) for what you want clumped and another shavegroup you dont want clumps to effect ect.

edited December 1969

Nice...soooooooooooooooo looking forward to this.

Hope I can afford it when it breaks. *smile*

edited December 1969

I played around a bit more changed the style a bit. One thing I like when you save the project it reload the genesis shape and pose plus all the hair settings.

H4-01.jpg
    728 x 843 - 277K
    edited December 1969

Here's another plus I just tried pw_Toons shader on the hair and it worked well.

toon.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 370K
    edited December 1969

Here's another plus I just tried pw_Toons shader on the hair and it worked well.

Beautiful renders MS, that hair styling is cool. Thanks a lot for sharing that.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

using the clump tool mixing it with other settings and tool you can get some nice looking tight curls.

TightCurls.jpg
    800 x 800 - 64K
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    using the clump tool mixing it with other settings and tool you can get some nice looking tight curls.

The hair looks great but what the 'H' happened to his ear? I hope that's not an issue with the hair mesh................ ??

edited December 1969

If you mean the colors of the inner ear? I think those are in texture itself, nothing to do with the hair.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

The hair looks great but what the 'H' happened to his ear? I hope that's not an issue with the hair mesh................ ??
    Looks like a few stray hairs to me if you mean the edges. That's looks real to me.

EDIT: Oh yea I forgot this part, Are you done yet? I really want this Plug-in.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
This discussion has been closed.