Metadata question

HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere before but after quite a long time searching I have yet find it.

Simple question, if I move some files in Daz Studio My Library after install the Metadata links are obviously severed and the yellow triangle appears on the icons in Smart Content. Is there a quick, in software way to tell Studio where I moved them and reestablish the Smart Content link?

As I say, trial and error plus searching here have yet to shine any light on it. I am currently editing it all by hand which is laborious to say the least. Having said that I did learn a lot about Metadata in order to hand edit and I learned how to create new Metadata for products that don't have it, so my time was not all wasted :)

Any help gratefully received.

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

This thread by Adamr001 may help: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5639/

If you move items inside the Content Library tab in DS rather than outside of DS, then the CMS will correct the metadata paths.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited October 2012

Thanks for the replies.

I haven’t used this function yet, but if you right-click there is an option Database/Edit Base Paths. From what I can make out you can use that to edit the path to content items. I suggest you try that.

I thought this was only for 'My Library' level if you are using moving drives or base folders. adamr001 covers this neatly in his tutorials but this is not my case.

If you move items inside the Content Library tab in DS rather than outside of DS, then the CMS will correct the metadata paths.

I am moving within the Content Library. Basically I move all content out of Vendor folders into folders for each costume/character etc. Then put all relevant Materials in that folder too. Until I setup Metadata for all my content that doesn't have it the Smart Content tab is limited in value. So I use the Content Library a lot.
    I have never had CMS do this yet, maybe it is a feature of 4.5 which I have just changed to. Is it meant to happen automatically?
    Post edited by Haruchai on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Haruchai said:
    Thanks for the replies.

I haven’t used this function yet, but if you right-click there is an option Database/Edit Base Paths. From what I can make out you can use that to edit the path to content items. I suggest you try that.

I thought this was only for 'My Library' level if you are using moving drives or base folders. adamr001 covers this neatly in his tutorials but this is not my case.

I am moving within the Content Library. Basically I move all content out of Vendor folders into folders for each costume/character etc. Then put all relevant Materials in that folder too. Until I setup Metadata for all my content that doesn't have it the Smart Content tab is limited in value. So I use the Content Library a lot.
    I have never had CMS do this yet, maybe it is a feature of 4.5 which I have just changed to. Is it meant to happen automatically?

I thought it was automatic in 4.0, but I've never done it myself, as I use categories rather than moving files.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Ok thanks. Maybe I'll install something new, move folder and restart Studio a couple of times to see if anything happens.