Really New User Question

RedHeadLilithRedHeadLilith Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

In windows 7 64 bit , I just want to be sure this time
to where do I install the Content Directory?

can I install it to anywhere I want or does it have to be inside c/users/documents?

most of my space is inside D
so later on when I run out of space in my C driver after I install stuff
how do I create a second content directory path?
can I just create empty new folder inside D and add the path inside daz studio
than when installing the new content when it asks me where to simply change the destination to the new d path ?

totally lost here sorry

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can change the install path at install time. If you wish it to be on the D drive just do so at install. Be sure you provide a path that starts at the ROOT of the Drive in this case D: the installer will make the other folders if needed. I prefer pointing to a folder I have set up before install so it only needs to unpack the content

Once you have done that check in a clean Boot of DS that the Default content loads at the start of the program. If it does not, use the Content Directory Manager to point DS to the new content folder. Be sure it is mapped as both a Daz Studio Format folder and a Poser Format Folder in the Content Directory Manager. If it is your only path for content remove any references to other Folders at this time.

Once that is working this is the most important thing to remember. ALL content installs need to be pointed to that Folder. Every time. Once you have that working we can cover ADDING other folders to the Content Directory Manager as extra content folders. Unless that is what you wish to learn right now.

edited October 2012

You can ADD new folders as you go. The Default Install folder is the one all your DATA files will go into as you use DS. That folder will Grow as you save scene files ( EDIT *below!! and add new content). If you are low on HDD space on C: I would not install the Default folder to it.

EDIT: Only new Scene saves will add to the Default folder not new installs, DS will read the DATA folders from the other content Folders.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Windows 7 doesn't like program resources (like content) inside of the main program folder's, which is where most stuff used to be stored in previous versions of windows.

That's the reason for the My Documents \ Daz3D \ My Library. folder.

Yes, you can install all your content to another drive, as long as the Daz Studio program is aware of that location as a source of content.

After you install Daz Studio, it can search your system for any Content folders, such as Poser "runtime" folders, or Daz Studio "My Library" folders.
    it'll then add these to the list of content libraries so that you can access that content in Daz Studio

You can also go to the options for the Content Library, and select "Scan Drive's for content folders"
    or you can manually add the location.

you can have many "content" folders, for example:, Daz Studio "My Library" and Poser "Runtime" folders,.

In practical terms, a user may have several Poser "runtime" folders, from different versions of Poser, and may also have a Content folder from a previous version of Daz Studio...
    Once Daz Studio knows which folders have content, you should then be able to access it all.

Hope that makes sense,.. it can all seem very confusing when you're just getting into this stuff. but after a while, it'll becomes easier to understand,.

• RedHeadLilithRedHeadLilith Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ok thank you for all the help -sorry but I'm just this close to give it all up ...I feel it's too complex my BF work as Qa in NICE company if ever heard of that he also tried to help me in understanding all the things you wrote but he also feel lost . he told me to move to a different program because he feels something in the basics of how this programs works isn't right , and it shouldn't be this complex to do all this basics thing like simple installation of the program .

BTw I didn't restart my windows yet to the way I got him I have too many important stuff and no where to store them .
    so what I did now is I created a new my library folder inside my Documents d
    and named the old one my library old . now I'm re installing all my stuff again
    but inside the program the old stuff I installed are showing but with a blank photo - they still in the cache which only god knows where is is and which part of it I need to remove.

until now I was setting my poser directory path to : D:\Users\owner\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library
    does it need to be a different path since many stuff I used in my scenes were from the poser directory -so maybe there was my problem
    and if poser needs a different path what is it ?

all my poser stuff inside runtime - so inside daz content directory manger what path it needs to say for poser ?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

ok thank you for all the help -sorry but I'm just this close to give it all up ...I feel it's too complex my BF work as Qa in NICE company if ever heard of that he also tried to help me in understanding all the things you wrote but he also feel lost . he told me to move to a different program because he feels something in the basics of how this programs works isn't right , and it shouldn't be this complex to do all this basics thing like simple installation of the program .

BTw I didn't restart my windows yet to the way I got him I have too many important stuff and no where to store them .
    so what I did now is I created a new my library folder inside my Documents d
    and named the old one my library old . now I'm re installing all my stuff again
    but inside the program the old stuff I installed are showing but with a blank photo - they still in the cache which only god knows where is is and which part of it I need to remove.

until now I was setting my poser directory path to : D:\Users\owner\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library
    does it need to be a different path since many stuff I used in my scenes were from the poser directory -so maybe there was my problem
    and if poser needs a different path what is it ?

all my poser stuff inside runtime - so inside daz content directory manger what path it needs to say for poser ?

I don;t think it is a very complex system at all. EVERYTHING gets installed to 'My Library', Poser or DAZ Studio, makes no difference, it all goes into My Library. The only thing you have to do is make sure that the path you give to the installer is correct, and ENDS with My Library, and not some sub-folder of it (Like Content or Runtime for example)

If you install your Poser Content into a folder called My Library, the installer will create a folder called 'Runtime' for you, and place the poser content into the correct structure. It will also install the DAZ Studio content into the correct folders.

If you want to add Poser Runtime folders that you already have created, then go to the Content Library tab, right click on Poser Formats, and select 'Add a new runtime folder'. You can do the same with DAZ Studio content folders if you have any.

I have about 12 Poser Runtime folders listed, including content from Poser 7 and Poser 8, and my DS3 content folder as well as the My Library folder for DS4.

edited October 2012

I'm sorry I was no help and I did try to be as simple as possible. I just wish I could help better. DS only needs one Content folder, it can be any place you want. That folder needs to be set up properly in DS. To remove everything DS and the CMS must be uninstalled. The CMS is part of DS but has it's own uninstaller and controls all the content pointers. It is easy but we are not getting the information from or to each other. I'm sorry.

As for resetting Win7 to default as I said before it WILL not REMOVE any programs or their settings it is very safe. I failed on that as well. I'm sorry I was no help at all.

edited December 1969

All programs have a default installation path,.. for Daz Studio, it creates the "My documents\ Daz3D \My Library "
    (unless you point it to another location when you choose where to install it)

so, the default installation should be straight forward and simple... you run the installer, ...it installs to the default location.

If you have any other folders which you've tried to set up manually, and have not worked, then I'd suggest that you should remove any "junk" before you re install. ...otherwise you'll have more confusion.

make things as simple as possible for yourself.

All the programs come with Uninstallers,. so you should be able to uninstall the applications, and content and start clean.
    if you've manually moved folders .. and the uninstaller's for those won't work ,. remove them manually.

You don't need to create any folders,. the program installer creates the "my Library" folder inside your My Documents,. ..
    or it can create a different folder, on a different drive,.. if you go for Custom installation.

As for Poser,. the default setting depends on your installation choices, but it's normally something like :
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content

Daz Studio also has a "Runtime" folder inside the "my library" folder, so,.. If a user only has Daz Studio,. but purchases an item for Poser (which will also work in Daz studio),. then the use can install that "poser item" to the Daz Studio "my library" and it'll install the poser files into the correct "runtime folder".

Hope it helps :)

edited December 1969

this is not true you are help for me... if I didn't think I get any help here I was stopping to ask but I didn't I know you try your best .all of you try your best .I see that.
    but it's my brain who doesn't get it most times .
    gonna try again this restore win thing thanks again for all your trying and sorry for all the trouble

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    All programs have a default installation path,.. for Daz Studio, it creates the "My documents\ Daz3D \My Library "

make things as simple as possible for yourself.

All the programs come with Uninstallers,. so you should be able to uninstall the applications, and content and start clean.
    if you've manually moved folders .. and the uninstaller's for those won't work ,. remove them manually.

remove them manually? how ?

you are help to me :)

edited December 1969

You shouldn't need to do a "Windows restore",.. that's a heavy hammer approach.

if you've created any new folders manually for Daz Studio,.. find them and delete them.

If possible. Use any uninstallers to remove the programs and content.

once you've got rid of everything, decide which drive you want to install to,.. and install the program there.

best of luck :)

edited December 1969

so here is the thing -

1.I moved all my library folder from c to d - and deleted the one that in c my documents - so the un installers are useless to me .
    2. I deleted all the folder called application data inside : C:\Users\owner - so that messed many programs in my computer that stooped working
    3. I installed daz into d: the base program to d and the content also to d
    4. I created app Dada folder inside d a new one and changed my preferences path inside daz to the application data folder inside d
    5. all was working good inside daz until I tried using Pwserface to skin my model - I only changed a few small things and saved it each time I needed to go somewhere as a new scene .
    6. I started to render my scene and got the 3d light crash
    7. looked in my log file and saw a bunch of errors like this one : '}'
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMSurprise.dsf#PHMSurprise?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 5/MCMV5Surprise.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMSnarlRight.dsf#PHMSnarlRight?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 5/MCMV5SnarlRight.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMSnarlLeft.dsf#PHMSnarlLeft?value in file
    also like this one :
    GL_OES_depth24 : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_depth32 : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_depth_texture : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_element_index_uint : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_get_program_binary : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_mapbuffer : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_point_size_array : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_point_sprite : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_read_format
    GL_OES_standard_derivatives : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_texture_3D : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_texture_float : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_texture_float_linear : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_texture_half_float : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_texture_npot : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_OES_vertex_array_object : NOT INITIALIZED

8. checked my cpu than saw its on 100 % only after trying 2 renders .
    9. came to conclusion I need to re install daz and also restore my computer .
    both things which I don't know how to do .
    10. came here to ask how to install daz correctly ,
    11. looked for a guide how to reboot windows - but all i get in my results are commercial stuff and not the official windows guide .
    12. found out there are all kind of restore to windows - not sure what is the one I need .

edited December 1969

OK,. :)

I'm not sure about PWSurface, but "I think" that maybe only for DS3, ..not for DS4.

As for the User / Appdata folder,.. those are normally hidden, to stop you deleting files you shouldn't.

If you have a Windows7 DVD, you can install windows, and it should add any missing Windows files.

as for your other programs,. which also used the Appdata folder, you'll need to re-install those.

If your BF is in tech support, ...use charm,. or a bribe, (or both) to make him do the work for you :)

In Daz Studio,. go to the content library, and click the little options icon in the top left corner, (see pic)
    and then select (Content DB Maintenance) then , from the panel, select "Reset database".

That should remove everything in the database , whether it's really there, or a remnant of something you've moved.
    Once that's done,..

Go to the options menu again and choose (Content DB Maintenance) "Re import meta-data".
    This will scan your content folders, and build a new database.

:)

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited October 2012

so here is the thing -

1.I moved all my library folder from c to d - and deleted the one that in c my documents - so the un installers are useless to me .
    2. I deleted all the folder called application data inside : C:\Users\owner - so that messed many programs in my computer that stooped working
    3. I installed daz into d: the base program to d and the content also to d
    4. I created app Dada folder inside d a new one and changed my preferences path inside daz to the application data folder inside d
    5. all was working good inside daz until I tried using Pwserface to skin my model - I only changed a few small things and saved it each time I needed to go somewhere as a new scene .
    6. I started to render my scene and got the 3d light crash
    7. looked in my log file and saw a bunch of errors like this one : '}'
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMSurprise.dsf#PHMSurprise?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 5/MCMV5Surprise.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMSnarlRight.dsf#PHMSnarlRight?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 5/MCMV5SnarlRight.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMSnarlLeft.dsf#PHMSnarlLeft?value in file
    also like this one :
    GL_OES_read_format

8. checked my cpu than saw its on 100 % only after trying 2 renders .
    9. came to conclusion I need to re install daz and also restore my computer .
    both things which I don't know how to do .
    10. came here to ask how to install daz correctly ,
    11. looked for a guide how to reboot windows - but all i get in my results are commercial stuff and not the official windows guide .
    12. found out there are all kind of restore to windows - not sure what is the one I need .

1 - OK
    2 - You should never delete C:\Users\owner. All programs write the user datas there. A quick fix could be to create a new user and use it instead of the actual. This way, Windows should populate all the programs settings again but you may also have to customize your settings again too
    3 - OK
    4 - I'm not sure you misunderstood me or not. It's OK if you create new directories in D.\somewhere and customize DS paths for DSON cache files and Temporary files. But it will still use C:\User\Owner for the other settings. I don't think there is any problem with what you did. It's just for clarification
    5 - No idea for PWSurface as I don't have it but if you just bought it it should work. If not you may have to contact the creator or DAZ for support. But you didn't describe your problem so it's hard to help
    6 - Too few informations there. It may be a software problem but got to dig to know
    7 - The errors with "Could not find target property for formula" mean that it can't find some parameters needed for some morph. It seems that it could be Evolution morph. Reset your Evolution morph and see if there is a newer version to install. If it's the case, install the new version. If not then try reinstalling your current version. If that doesn't solve the problem, then go to "My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\Victoria 5\" and delete folowing files : MCMV5Surprise.dsf, MCMV5SnarlRight.dsf as well as other dsf related error files. The problem could be that the latest version installed new duf files but didn't delete old dsf files. If you see the files in duf and dsf version it means that it is the case and you can safely delete old dsf files.

You can ignore the GL_XX "errors ". They are no errors. It's just informations about your Gfx card capability in OpenGL.
    8 - When rendering DS will take all the power available, so having your CPU at 100% is something normal. No problem here
    9 - You don't need to reinstall. It's a waste of time
    10 - Do the thing above. I think you're on the right way
    11 - Only restore Windows in emergency case. It is too soon to do that

[Edit] I just checked the Evolution morph and it's not the good package. In fact you have problem with Genesis Evolution Expressions. So do what I wrote up there but with the expression package

Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on
    edited December 1969

the reason I did all this to start with is my program was running very slow - I was looking for solution to why it took so much time to everything to load, move, cameras,ect...
    If only I knew to begin with how to uninstall daz correctly all of this would never happen.
    there is a very strict order on how to do this or the program will make problems.
    now I know that first I need to:
    1, uninstall the plugins
    2,to stop the CMS
    3. uninstall CMS
    4, uninstall daz
    what I did in all my trying to update the program is to uninstall DAZ first - big NO no :)
    hey DAz tech if you hear me up there please add this to your guide - how to update your program for dummies .
    I think the fact I need to update the items I bought from them is a shame itself - but ok I get it you need to make money .
    so here is the deal - at least create some kind of notification inside the program there is a new update for the stuff I bought
    this way more people will update and reset there downloads and you can also make more money and we will have less errors to worry about ,
    win win situation !
    the fact I need to go trough a list of so many items and to see which one was update and which one not is time consuming !
    just had to get it all from my system,
    I do adore your community volunteers and administration who really do the best they can!! but there is so much they can do for us
    thanks all for your help
    I restored my computer to one month before - updated my drivers , and guess will try to install daz again , see what items been updated, install them again ect
    wish me luck :)

edited October 2012

I just wish to point out that any and ALL files you or anyone has ever bought or Downloaded using their Account (the Store) can be reset for download for FREE. The Reset gives you the Updated files at NO charge. You get ALL updates for ALL items that passed through your Store Cart as a order free forever.

To reset a Item (any item program or content) you open your My Account and then My Itemized Order History. You find the item in your list and use the RESET option. You never pay for updates at any time.

I think that is one of Daz3D's best features and should be understood by all users. You pay once and never again. If it was FREE it is still FREE for that item.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I just wish to point out that any and ALL files you or anyone has ever bought or Downloaded using their Account (the Store) can be reset for download for FREE. The Reset gives you the Updated files at NO charge. You get ALL updates for ALL items that passed through your Store Cart as a order free forever.

To reset a Item (any item program or content) you open your My Account and then My Itemized Order History. You find the item in your list and use the RESET option. You never pay for updates at any time.

I think that is one of Daz3D's best features and should be understood by all users. You pay once and never again. If it was FREE it is still FREE for that item.

OMG Thank you ...!!
    I never knew this thank you so much you are great help for me I'm not angry with you but with daz dev,tech or who ever sit up there
    for not explained all this things when you buy something from them - and if they did explain it it's something I just didn't see mean they need to make it more pointed out for new users . same for the user guide about installing- they need to add a section inside the pdf for peope who already have the program and only wish to update it what are the steps to do so .

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

An even simpler solution...

...after you've got windows 7 back to normal and before you re-install Studio...

you can redirect 'My Documents' by telling windows the new location you want to point to on a different drive:

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows7/Redirect-a-folder-to-a-new-location

then just let Studio do its normal installation and windows will tell it where to go.

edited December 1969

thank you but . i'm installing all from scratch again .

+++++++++++++++ DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 starting +++++++++++++++++
    Platform bits: 64
    Qt Version: 4.8.1
    Running on Windows 7, Build 7601, Service Pack 1
    CPU String: GenuineIntel
    Stepping ID = 7
    Model = 10
    Family = 6
    Extended model = 2
    CLFLUSH cache line size = 64
    APIC Physical ID = 4
    The following features are supported:
    SSE3 New Instructions
    MONITOR/MWAIT
    CPL Qualified Debug Store
    Thermal Monitor 2
    x87 FPU On Chip
    Virtual-8086 Mode Enhancement
    Debugging Extensions
    Page Size Extensions
    Time Stamp Counter
    RDMSR and WRMSR Support
    Physical Address Extensions
    Machine Check Exception
    CMPXCHG8B Instruction
    APIC On Chip
    SYSENTER and SYSEXIT
    Memory Type Range Registers
    PTE Global Bit
    Machine Check Architecture
    Conditional Move/Compare Instruction
    Page Attribute Table
    Page Size Extension
    CFLUSH Extension
    Debug Store
    Thermal Monitor and Clock Ctrl
    MMX Technology
    FXSAVE/FXRSTOR
    SSE Extensions
    SSE2 Extensions
    Self Snoop
    Hyper-threading Technology
    Thermal Monitor
    Pend. Brk. EN.
    CPU Brand String: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
    Cache Line Size = 64
    L2 Associativity = 6
    Cache Size = 256
    Total Physical Memory: 8172 Mb (8569880576)
    Available Physical Memory: 5749 Mb (6029062144)
    Total Virtual Memory: 8388607 Mb (8796092891136)
    Available Virtual Memory: 8388412 Mb (8795888427008)
    Current Memory Usage: 29%
    ??? ? 17. ??? 13:40:01 2012
    Temp folder: D:/appdataDaz
    Total temp disk size: 841266 Mb, Available: 339947 Mb
    Locale: he_IL
    No translator found.
    Reading style definition C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/style/Highway.style
    Creating managers
    Reading help index
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/DAZ Studio/DAZStudioHelp.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/inlinehelp.dsx
    Scanning import folders
    Scanning content folders
    Using GLEW 1.7.0
    Supported OpenGL extensions:
    GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect
    GL_ARB_base_instance
    GL_ARB_blend_func_extended
    GL_ARB_color_buffer_float
    GL_ARB_compatibility
    GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage
    GL_ARB_conservative_depth
    GL_ARB_copy_buffer
    GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float
    GL_ARB_depth_clamp
    GL_ARB_depth_texture
    GL_ARB_draw_buffers
    GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend
    GL_ARB_draw_indirect
    GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex
    GL_ARB_draw_instanced
    GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility
    GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location
    GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions
    GL_ARB_fragment_program
    GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow
    GL_ARB_fragment_shader
    GL_ARB_framebuffer_object
    GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB
    GL_ARB_geometry_shader4
    GL_ARB_get_program_binary
    GL_ARB_gpu_shader5
    GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_ARB_half_float_pixel
    GL_ARB_half_float_vertex
    GL_ARB_imaging
    GL_ARB_instanced_arrays
    GL_ARB_internalformat_query
    GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment
    GL_ARB_map_buffer_range
    GL_ARB_multisample
    GL_ARB_multitexture
    GL_ARB_occlusion_query
    GL_ARB_occlusion_query2
    GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object
    GL_ARB_point_parameters
    GL_ARB_point_sprite
    GL_ARB_provoking_vertex
    GL_ARB_robustness
    GL_ARB_sample_shading
    GL_ARB_sampler_objects
    GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map
    GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects
    GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters
    GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding
    GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store
    GL_ARB_shader_objects
    GL_ARB_shader_precision
    GL_ARB_shader_subroutine
    GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod
    GL_ARB_shading_language_100
    GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack
    GL_ARB_shading_language_include
    GL_ARB_shading_language_packing
    GL_ARB_shadow
    GL_ARB_sync
    GL_ARB_tessellation_shader
    GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp
    GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object
    GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32
    GL_ARB_texture_compression
    GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc
    GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc
    GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
    GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array
    GL_ARB_texture_env_add
    GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
    GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar
    GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3
    GL_ARB_texture_float
    GL_ARB_texture_gather
    GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat
    GL_ARB_texture_multisample
    GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two
    GL_ARB_texture_query_lod
    GL_ARB_texture_rectangle
    GL_ARB_texture_rg
    GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui
    GL_ARB_texture_storage
    GL_ARB_texture_swizzle
    GL_ARB_timer_query
    GL_ARB_transform_feedback2
    GL_ARB_transform_feedback3
    GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced
    GL_ARB_transpose_matrix
    GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object
    GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra
    GL_ARB_vertex_array_object
    GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit
    GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
    GL_ARB_vertex_program
    GL_ARB_vertex_shader
    GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev
    GL_ARB_viewport_array
    GL_ARB_window_pos
    GL_ATI_draw_buffers
    GL_ATI_texture_float
    GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once
    GL_S3_s3tc
    GL_EXT_texture_env_add
    GL_EXT_abgr
    GL_EXT_bgra
    GL_EXT_bindable_uniform
    GL_EXT_blend_color
    GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate
    GL_EXT_blend_func_separate
    GL_EXT_blend_minmax
    GL_EXT_blend_subtract
    GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
    GL_EXT_Cg_shader
    GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test
    GL_EXT_direct_state_access
    GL_EXT_draw_buffers2
    GL_EXT_draw_instanced
    GL_EXT_draw_range_elements
    GL_EXT_fog_coord
    GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit
    GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample
    GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_EXT_framebuffer_object
    GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB
    GL_EXT_geometry_shader4
    GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters
    GL_EXT_gpu_shader4
    GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays
    GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil
    GL_EXT_packed_float
    GL_EXT_packed_pixels
    GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object
    GL_EXT_point_parameters
    GL_EXT_provoking_vertex
    GL_EXT_rescale_normal
    GL_EXT_secondary_color
    GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects
    GL_EXT_separate_specular_color
    GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store
    GL_EXT_shadow_funcs
    GL_EXT_stencil_two_side
    GL_EXT_stencil_wrap
    GL_EXT_texture3D
    GL_EXT_texture_array
    GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object
    GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1
    GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc
    GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc
    GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
    GL_EXT_texture_cube_map
    GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp
    GL_EXT_texture_env_combine
    GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3
    GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
    GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_EXT_texture_integer
    GL_EXT_texture_lod : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias
    GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp
    GL_EXT_texture_object
    GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent
    GL_EXT_texture_sRGB
    GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode
    GL_EXT_texture_storage : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_EXT_texture_swizzle
    GL_EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_EXT_timer_query
    GL_EXT_transform_feedback2 : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_EXT_vertex_array
    GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra
    GL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit
    GL_EXT_import_sync_object : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip
    GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat
    GL_KTX_buffer_region
    GL_NV_alpha_test : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_NV_blend_minmax : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_NV_blend_square
    GL_NV_complex_primitives : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_NV_conditional_render
    GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color
    GL_NV_copy_image
    GL_NV_depth_buffer_float
    GL_NV_depth_clamp
    GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_NV_explicit_multisample
    GL_NV_fbo_color_attachments : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_NV_fence
    GL_NV_float_buffer
    GL_NV_fog_distance
    GL_NV_fragdepth : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_NV_fragment_program
    GL_NV_fragment_program_option
    GL_NV_fragment_program2
    GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage
    GL_NV_geometry_shader4
    GL_NV_gpu_program4
    GL_NV_gpu_program4_1 : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_NV_gpu_program5
    GL_NV_gpu_program_fp64
    GL_NV_gpu_shader5
    GL_NV_half_float : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_NV_light_max_exponent
    GL_NV_multisample_coverage
    GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint
    GL_NV_occlusion_query
    GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil
    GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object
    GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2
    GL_NV_path_rendering
    GL_NV_pixel_data_range
    GL_NV_point_sprite
    GL_NV_primitive_restart
    GL_NV_register_combiners
    GL_NV_register_combiners2
    GL_NV_shader_atomic_counters : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_NV_shader_atomic_float : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_NV_shader_buffer_load
    GL_NV_texgen_reflection
    GL_NV_texture_barrier
    GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc
    GL_NV_texture_env_combine4
    GL_NV_texture_expand_normal
    GL_NV_texture_lod_clamp : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_NV_texture_multisample
    GL_NV_texture_rectangle
    GL_NV_texture_shader
    GL_NV_texture_shader2
    GL_NV_texture_shader3
    GL_NV_transform_feedback
    GL_NV_transform_feedback2
    GL_NV_vertex_array_range
    GL_NV_vertex_array_range2
    GL_NV_vertex_attrib_integer_64bit
    GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory
    GL_NV_vertex_program
    GL_NV_vertex_program1_1
    GL_NV_vertex_program2
    GL_NV_vertex_program2_option
    GL_NV_vertex_program3
    GL_NVX_conditional_render : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info
    GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture
    GL_OES_read_format
    GL_OES_vertex_half_float : NOT INITIALIZED
    GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap
    GL_SGIS_texture_lod
    GL_SGIX_depth_texture
    GL_SGIX_shadow
    GL_SUN_slice_accum
    GL_WIN_swap_hint
    WGL_EXT_swap_control : NOT INITIALIZED

WGL_ARB_buffer_region
    WGL_ARB_create_context
    WGL_ARB_create_context_profile
    WGL_ARB_create_context_robustness
    WGL_ARB_extensions_string
    WGL_ARB_make_current_read
    WGL_ARB_multisample
    WGL_ARB_pbuffer
    WGL_ARB_pixel_format
    WGL_ARB_pixel_format_float
    WGL_ARB_render_texture
    WGL_ATI_pixel_format_float
    WGL_EXT_create_context_es_profile
    WGL_EXT_create_context_es2_profile
    WGL_EXT_extensions_string
    WGL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB
    WGL_EXT_pixel_format_packed_float
    WGL_EXT_swap_control
    WGL_EXT_swap_control_tear
    WGL_NVX_DX_interop
    WGL_NV_DX_interop
    WGL_NV_DX_interop2
    WGL_NV_float_buffer
    WGL_NV_multisample_coverage
    WGL_NV_render_depth_texture
    WGL_NV_render_texture_rectangle
    : NOT INITIALIZED
    OpenGL features for current hardware:
    OpenGL provider: NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL renderer: GeForce GTX 550 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
    OpenGL version: 4.2.0
    Maximum number of lights: 8
    Number of auxiliary buffers: 4
    Number of texture units: 4
    Depth buffer bit resolution: 24
    Maximum OpenGL texture size: 16384 x 16384
    Current OpenGL Texture Quality Setting: Good Performance
    RGBA color bitplane resolutions: 8 8 8 0
    GLSL version: 4.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
    Shadow mapping supported
    VBO supported
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    Loading plug-ins:
    aniMate2.dll
    dazscriptide.dll
    dz3dconnexion.dll
    dz3dmouse.dll
    dzalignace.dll
    dzassetiofilters.dll
    dzautofit.dll
    dzautoriggerbasic.dll
    dzautoshaderbakeractions.dll
    dzbrycebridge.dll
    dzbvh.dll
    dzcolladax.dll
    dzcomponents.dll
    dzcontentdbeditor.dll
    dzcontentlibrarypane.dll
    dzcr2exporter.dll
    dzcustomizedlg.dll
    dzdelightrenderer.dll
    dzdformeditor.dll
    dzeasyloader.dll
    dzexpexporter.dll
    dzfbxexporter.dll
    dzfbximporter.dll
    dzfiguresetup.dll
    dzhexagonbridge.dll
    dzimageio.dll
    dzjointeditor.dll
    dzlayerededitor.dll
    dzlayerfilter.dll
    dzmanualshaderbaker.dll
    dzmaptransfer.dll
    dzmorphfollower.dll
    dzmorphloader.dll
    dzmorphloaderpro.dll
    dzobjexporter.dll
    dzoptitexclothbasic.dll
    dzpolygongroupeditortool.dll
    dzprimitives.dll
    dzpropertyeditor.dll
    dzpuppeteer.dll
    dzpz3importer.dll
    dzrenderedit.dll
    dzrenderlibrary.dll
    dzrslshadercompiler.dll
    dzsavefilters.dll
    dzscriptedrenderer.dll
    dzscriptedsteps.dll
    dzshaderbaker.dll
    dzshaderbuilder.dll
    dzshadereditor.dll
    dzshadermixerbase.dll
    dzshadermixergui.dll
    dzsmartcontentpane.dll
    dzspotrendertool.dll
    dztextureatlas.dll
    dztransferutility.dll
    dzu3dexporter.dll
    dzweightmapbrush.dll
    dzwinvideo.dll
    sdk_sceneinfopane.dll
    dzpowerpose.dll
    WARNING: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    Total class factories: 1197
    WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed
    3D mouse support library could not be loaded.

Creating interface
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport1.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport2.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport3.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport4.
    Executing startup script...
    Started in: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4
    DAZ Studio Started
    Creating Pixel Buffer
    Pixel buffer - Width: 1024 Height: 1024
    Compiling OpenGL Shader...
    Fragment Shader:
    Fragment Shader compiled successfully.
    Linking Shader:
    Fragment info
    -------------
    0(29) : warning C7050: "rgb" might be used before being initialized
    Shader Program successfully linked.

Loading Startup Scene : D:/Users/owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Genesis.duf
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    File loaded in 0 min 0.8 sec.
    Loaded file: Genesis.duf

1.this is how all looks now in my log file before I install more things and mess something up can some one tell me for the lines I marked in red is this something can make problems for me later on ?

2. after the change in DSON files which I now understand are the ones need to be instilled for newer version of daz 4.5
    if I install stuff who are not yet got this DSON update in daz 4.5 pro will this break my program ?

edited October 2012

Reading style definition C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/style/Highway.style

That is the style of the interface loading. You can change that in Window > Style, I use the Darkside Layout myself'
    Reading style definition C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/style/Darkside.style

WARNING: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout “” to QWidget “”, which already has a layout
    Total class factories: 1197
    WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed
    3D mouse support library could not be loaded.

I get those as well, they do not cause a problem.

0(29) : warning C7050: “rgb” might be used before being initialized
    Shader Program successfully linked.

I get that too, it is not an error, just a warning.

Loading Startup Scene : D:/Users/owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Genesis.duf

That is the startup scene, the Grey Genesis figure loading at startup, if you don't want it to load, change it in Preferences (F2)

Most of the new stuff for 4.5 is in the DSON format (.DUF) already. The older stuff still works in DS 4.5. The newer DSON files are for use by Poser Users who can now use Genesis and it's hair and clothing inside Poser 9 or Poser Pro 2012.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited October 2012

thank you for all the help and for being Patient with me -and sorry for not being Patient with Daz .

so just to be sure if I use only Daz 4.5 pro which is the one I need to download ?

Victoria 5 3D Model Pro Suite - Pure Hair Bubblegum - Poser Companion - PC

Victoria 5 3D Model Pro Suite - Pure Hair Bubblegum - Legacy - PC

Victoria 5 3D Model Pro Suite - Pure Hair Bubblegum - DSON Core - PC

Post edited by RedHeadLilith on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You need the one that says "DSON core"

edited October 2012

Yes, it is all a bit confusing now, isn't it?

As far as I know, you do not need the Poser Companion file unless you are going to use Genesis in Poser.
    The same goes for the DSON Core

The one you need for DS 4.5 is Victoria 5 3D Model Pro Suite - Pure Hair Bubblegum - Legacy - PC

That is my understanding anyway, if I am wrong, I hope someone comes by and tells us

EDIT:

Cross Post Pam, thank goodness.

Somebody need to do something about this, it was bad enough before, but now it is just ridiculous. What a crazy way of naming files.

edited October 2012

chohole said:

thank you for the quick and simple answer :)

this is hwat it also said in the post about the gen updated products so now was little confused thanks for clearing this up

edited December 1969

chohole said:

So 'DSON Core' is the normal one for DS 4.5 users?
    Poser Companion file is easy enough to work out.
    What is the legacy one for? Is it for previous versions of DS4 (4.0.x.x)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

yup, the legacy files are for versions of DS pre 4.5

Poser users need the core files and the poser companion files.

DS 4,5 users need only the DSON core files.

edited December 1969

and while we on the subject Addison - 14649_Addison_1.0_dpc.exe - PC - I install also only if I want her for victoria 4 ?
    and for gen I install Addison - 14649_Addison_1.0_trx.exe - PC?

or do I need both of them installed to work only for Gen ?

edited October 2012

Correct

The one with TRX in the filename would be an installer for Genesis, trx is short for TriAx which is the new Genesis Rigging.

The other one is for V4 (DAZ or Poser), and you don;t need it for Genesis.

edited October 2012

so now after installing the new versions of the evolution morphs I get again this errors in my log file :

I installed the base of the CMS to C:program files but where it says in the part of each time you install something to your CMS meta data will grow - so I pointed this path to D

EDIT : stupid me forgot to get the evolution expressions for Gen

but the victoria 4 I don't get there is so many installers for this which one to install and which not ?
    second thing I installed victoria 4 and in the error log it's now say this :

an tdlmake on image D:/Users/owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4SmplMouthM.jpg
    Importing File...
    Importing PowerLoader.pz2 ...
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/Users/owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4SmplTorsoM_BKN.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/Users/owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4SmplLashesTr.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/Users/owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4SmplLimbsM.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/Users/owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4SmplEyesM.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/Users/owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4SmplEyesTr.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/Users/owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4SmplEyeSurfcM.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/Users/owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4SmplEyeSurfcTr.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image D:/Users/owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/MilWom/V4/V4SmplFaceM_BKN.jpg
    Time to load file: 6942.62 ms
    Imported: PowerLoader.pz2
    Building Scene...
    File loaded in 0 min 7.1 sec.
    Loaded file: PowerLoader.pz2
    Retrieving Checked files...
    WARNING: Script Error: Line 5135
    WARNING: SyntaxError: too few arguments in call to getOptions(); candidates are
    getOptions(DzFileIOSettings*,bool,QString)
    WARNING: Stack Trace:
    ()@:5135
    Error in script execution!

I think I did something wrong again

edited December 1969

100155452 10/17/12 Victoria 4.2 Base - Victoria 4.2 Base (PC) - exe

100155452 10/17/12 Victoria 4.2 Base - Victoria 4 Base Power Loader - exe - pc
    100155452 10/17/12 Victoria 4.2 Base - Victoria 4.2 DS Poses (PC) - exe

100155452 10/17/12 Victoria 4.2 Morphs++ - V4 Morphs++ Power Loader - exe - pc
    100155452 10/17/12 Victoria 4.2 Morphs++ - Victoria 4 Developer Kit (PC) - exe
    100155452 10/17/12 Victoria 4.2 Morphs++ - Victoria 4.0 Morphs++ DS Poses (PC) - exe
    100155452 10/17/12 Victoria 4.2 Morphs++ - Victoria 4.0 Morphs++ (PC) - exe

V4 Elite Bundle - Life Poses - Poser Files - exe - pc
    V4 Elite Bundle - Life Poses - DS files - exe - pc

V4 Elite Body Shapes - exe - pc
    V4 Elite Body Shapes DS Additional Files - exe - pc

Elite Human Surface Shader - exe - pc
    V4 Elite Shapes Power Loader - exe - pc

do I need to install all of them ?

thanks :) and sorry to ask so many questions I just want to be sure this time

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

This is an older pack in which the DS installers are just material presets. The only things you DON'T need to install are:
    (1) 100155452 10/17/12 Victoria 4.2 Morphs++ - Victoria 4 Developer Kit (PC) - exe -- This is for clothing makers, not required
    (2) Elite Human Surface Shader - exe - pc -- this is built into DS