MAC installer help!!

rdudarduda Posts: 579
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I need some MAC help.
Some of my Daz installers do not work on my mac tower OSx 10.6.8, I have the same system at home and I ran a code in the terminal control panel and my installers works fine there, but I don't remember what I did to let that happen, thus my work computer still cant run the installers. Any one know what to do?

The error I get is in the picture attached:

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    I need some MAC help.
    Some of my Daz installers do not work on my mac tower OSx 10.6.8, I have the same system at home and I ran a code in the terminal control panel and my installers works fine there, but I don't remember what I did to let that happen, thus my work computer still cant run the installers. Any one know what to do?

Exactly what installers, and how did you download them, and with what?
    The most common problem is using Safaris "Open safe files" in combination with a 3rd party Zipprogram like "Smartzip", or "fastZip", they have a tendency to destroy the installers, but this problem looks more like a problem with an incompatible OSAX installed (probably a PPC OSAX trying to run on Intel. But if you can name an installer I might have it and be of help.

I install those on 10.6, 10.7 & 10.8 with no problems so far (thousands of DAZ installers)

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Rduda said:
    I need some MAC help.

The most common problem is using Safaris "Open safe files" in combination with a 3rd party Zipprogram like "Smartzip", or "fastZip", they have a tendency to destroy the installers, but this problem looks more like a problem with an incompatible OSAX installed (probably a PPC OSAX trying to run on Intel. But if you can name an installer I might have it and be of help.

I install those on 10.6, 10.7 & 10.8 with no problems so far (thousands of DAZ installers)

Right now I'm trying to get the "14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx" & "14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.1_dpc". The DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Mac64 went in fine. I took all files to my MAC at home (Same Setup and system) and they all went in fine and work great. So I know the installers work. A month back I tried to load some cloths pack and ship figure and had the same problem and took the files home and they loaded fine. Like I said before the only difference in the computers is I ran a command in the terminal window.

edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Totte said:
    Rduda said:
    I need some MAC help.

Right now I'm trying to get the "14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx" & "14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.1_dpc". The DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Mac64 went in fine. I took all files to my MAC at home (Same Setup and system) and they all went in fine and work great. So I know the installers work. A month back I tried to load some cloths pack and ship figure and had the same problem and took the files home and they loaded fine. Like I said before the only difference in the computers is I ran a command in the terminal window.

What does the installers "spit out" in the Console.log?
    If you have different systems I suspect there is something installed (or privileges that differ) between the two.
    You said you ran the through the terminal at home and it worked. Have you tried that at you other system as well, with the same cmdline params?

I know the new ones are pretty straight forward to run in the terminal, I got some installer tools here btw: http://4eyes.code66.se/?page_id=7463

edited December 1969

I found my fix:

http://www.fixkb.com/2011/08/reset-home-folder-permissions.html

Resetting the home folder permissions can resolve problems with your user account on your Mac.

Select a tab below to choose a method:

With Install Disc
    No Disc – Snow Leopard
    No Disc – Lion
    Quick Method
    Boot from the Mac OS X Install Disc:
    Insert the disc.
    Shut down the computer.
    Turn it on again whilst holding down the C key.
    You can let go when you see a spinning dial.
    Click through the menus until you after you’ve accepted a license agreement.
    Snow Leopard: At the top, click Utilities -> Reset Password.
    Lion: At the top, click Utilities -> Terminal. Type resetpassword in the Terminal and press Enter.
    Click on your main hard drive.
    In the dropdown box under “Select the user account” make sure to select your username.
    Underneath where it says “Reset Home Directory Permissions and ACLs”, click the Reset button.
    Press cmd + Q to Quit the Reset Password application. Press it again if you have a Terminal open.
    Click Mac OS X Installer in the top left and click Quit Mac OS X Installer.
    Click the Startup Disk button.
    Click on your main hard drive and click the Restart button.
    Turn on the Mac whilst holding down cmd + S.
    Once the text has finished scrolling, press Enter and you will see root#.
    Type mount -uw / and press Enter.
    Type in the following (case-sensitive), pressing Enter at the end of each line.
    Replace “username” with the name of your home folder.
    chmod -R -v -N /Users/username
    chown -R -v username:staff /Users/username
    chmod -R -v 700 /Users/username
    chmod 755 /Users/username
    Then type reboot and press Enter.
    Turn on the Mac whilst holding down cmd + R. You can let go once you see a spinning dial. You will then see the ”Mac OS X Utilities” screen.
    On the top menu, click Utilities, then click Terminal.
    Type resetpassword and press Enter.
    Click on your main hard drive.
    In the dropdown box under “Select the user account” make sure to select your username.
    Underneath where it says “Reset Home Directory Permissions and ACLs”, click the Reset button.
    Press cmd + Q to quit the Reset Password application.
    Press cmd + Q again to quit the Terminal.
    Press cmd + Q one more time and click Restart.
    Click Mac OS X Utilities in the top left of the screen and click the Restart button.
    This method may not be as effective as the others listed.
    Press cmd + Space to open the Spotlight search.
    Type Terminal and press Enter.
    In Terminal, type sudo bash and press Enter.
    You will need to enter your password and press Enter.
    It won’t show any characters when you type.
    If you do not have a password then set one first.
    Type in the following (case-sensitive), pressing Enter at the end of each line.
    Replace “username” with the name of your home folder.
    sudo chmod -R -v -N ~
    sudo chown -R username:staff ~
    sudo chmod -R -v 700 ~
    sudo chmod -v 755 ~
    Close the Terminal once it has finished.
    Share this:

edited December 1969

Looks like an awful lot of trouble, why not just do sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/ and sudo chown -R /Users/ and sudo chgrp -R staff /Users/.

Looks like you did a lot of stuff not needed, like you have to do when you move your home to a new machine and want to set up that as your home.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Looks like an awful lot of trouble, why not just do sudo chmod -R 755 /Users/ and sudo chown -R /Users/ and sudo chgrp -R staff /Users/.

Looks like you did a lot of stuff not needed, like you have to do when you move your home to a new machine and want to set up that as your home.

I just copied the whole page in the links, its #'s didn't come through but there are just 4 sections with different variables you may have with your system, there is just 6-10 steps in each command, very easy to do! look at the link it explains better.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Seeing that you have the DSON page in background opened - is that what you want to install?

Maybee you have Poser 9? Did you tried to install the 64bit version of DSON Importer? If so - that's not possible, you have to install the 32bit version, as P9 is 32bit.