Enough is about enough!!!

Philippi_ChildPhilippi_Child Posts: 648
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Look I don't know what the deal is but this whole mess about items that you've reset to download not downloading has to come to an end. Tramp streamer it's like asking for an act of Congress to get the darn thing. The only one time I didn't burn a purchase to DVD and I am paying for it. A project that has been put on hold, since Daz decided to experiment with the website, is almost going to be lost. Your PAs are not the only ones that make money from your site so do some of us. Enough is enough I don't know why it is so hard to get these older installers fixed but one can only have enough patients. I am biting my tongue believe you me but in a nut shell one can only shoot themselves in the foot until the bleed out. Please fix the blessed thing will ya???

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,329
    edited December 1969

Have you filler out a bug report? If not do so. Here is a link that shows different methods of contacting them http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A Fix for old installers is also listed in the stickies now. Did you try it?

edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail. I didn't think of putting that one here. Here is a link to that thread as well http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/865/

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Look I don't know what the deal is but this whole mess about items that you've reset to download not downloading has to come to an end. Tramp streamer it's like asking for an act of Congress to get the darn thing. The only one time I didn't burn a purchase to DVD and I am paying for it. A project that has been put on hold, since Daz decided to experiment with the website, is almost going to be lost. Your PAs are not the only ones that make money from your site so do some of us. Enough is enough I don't know why it is so hard to get these older installers fixed but one can only have enough patients. I am biting my tongue believe you me but in a nut shell one can only shoot themselves in the foot until the bleed out. Please fix the blessed thing will ya???

Hey Pagan

What item are you trying to get at?

I may know of a product at another site you can use.

I have had to buy my stuff at other sites mostly for the past few weeks because of the chaos here.

I know how much of a headache it can be. I make money from the site too.

Let me know.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Have you filler out a bug report? If not do so. Here is a link that shows different methods of contacting them http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/

How many Bug Reports should we fill out , when the whole site is one big bug????
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,676
    edited December 1969

If an issue hasn't been reported, report it. If it seems to be an issue that affects some but not all users and it's been reported add a note, listing relevant details (at least your OS and browser). Reporting "the site is one big bug" is not going to help the devs track anything down, nor is it true as not everything is failing and even the things that are failing aren't necessarily failing across the board.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Sorry Richard, when I report the site as one bug ... but for me it looks like this. It is frustrating to see all these errors and nothing works like it has worked before. Maybe the old site had it issues, but they have worked better than the new one. Wrong Login's, missing vouchers/coupons, differrent prices for the same items, sales which end faster than the speed of light and the list grows with every day. As I said in another thread. This all would be accectable, if DAZ has switched the store and forums over night, but they announced the new store in the old forums nearly a half year ago and so we could expected, that the store is tested and will run without complications.

Apart from that this issues of the site and the forums are a massive damage of DAZ's image in the public. They betray their customers confidence a lot. I would like to know, how DAZ will to make up for damage. Mayby they had should better wait with their free actions for DAZ/Bryce/Hexagon after the istallation of the new store and until the problems with the store/forums are solved.

An old computer wisdom is: Never touch a running system ... now we see, what could happened, when one do this. Maybe someone should use the old backup and reload the old store/forums again.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

Back in the day when I worked at Wang, we made a change over to the customer service management system during operations however it was completely transparent to the customers. We maintained the old system on line in parallel with the new one, and performed transactions on both systems in tandem. It took estra work, however we took advantage of terminal macros (scripts that reduced data entry) to keep it efficient. Only when transactional and analysis reports matched up for a complete quarter was the plug pulled on the old system. We handled well over 2000 service request transactions a day from centralized call centers and received the ISO 9000 quality award that year.

Military Commands, Airports, Hospitals and other mission critical institutions have plans in place when disaster strikes their systems, power or supply infrastructure to allow for uninterrupted core operations. I mention this to point out that smooth transitions can be performed, they just have to be planned well with extra contingency and redundancy in place.

• Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited June 2012

Frank0314 said:

How many Bug Reports should we fill out , when the whole site is one big bug????

All I know is they get a steady stream of my money for PC. and at this point I'm not spending a cent due to the site not working with me easly. I have gotten a few things here and there since but if I don't get a good price then I don't buy, and I'm sure others are doing this as well. I also did the march "Madness" thing bought all the items. I picked the Office supplies........

Now while everyone else was getting there Free Supersuit bundle, or Mike 5, I waited to see what they would send me in the mail (which they spent about $35 shipping to send me a box of "stuff" that had no value at all (not even office supplies here like maybe a stapler blotter Pens?). I got a sparkle Light (like a lava lite and the rest was all Junk).....So I'm getting to the point where i will return the favor and only buy items here that are inovative (which is none of the content, but more software and PA items that are like that). Been slapped 3 times in the face by them and didn't ask for anything or complain....now I'm not complaining....but I am stating "my" facts in this post. If they want to erase it then thats not my problem.

One more other thing.......I am not a beta tester for a Website that doesn't work (I understand that can be a "Job").

Post edited by Arcane Von Oblivion on
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

As many as it takes to get every little aspect fixed.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited June 2012

How many Bug Reports should we fill out , when the whole site is one big bug ????

This totally made my morning.... thanks for making me laugh out loud Spanky! lol :coolgrin:

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

PS... the underline code doesn't work either. tried it a few different ways... could not get it to underline!

edited December 1969

Well isn't this nice. I go to look over my cart... I'm no longer a PC member all of a sudden but in "My Subscriptions" it clearly states that I am. I have no access to the Members Only forum now and the prices in my cart went from $60.00 something dollars to over a $100.00... nice going DAZ... alienating another customer with your f'd buggy store. WOO HOO!

edited December 1969

There, that takes care of that... I emptied my cart. I will absolutely not be buying anything here until this is cleared up. This is NOT acceptable for any of us. Fix it or loose out DAZ! Money's tight and I'm not THAT desperate for content anyways. All this does is hurt your PA's... maybe they should pull their stores and go over to 'Rosity! Sounds good to me!

edited December 1969

I haven't bought anything besides the $1.00 items. The price keeps changing on me and I'm waiting for a bit more stability. That is our right as customers.

• Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I haven't bought anything besides the $1.00 items. The price keeps changing on me and I'm waiting for a bit more stability. That is our right as customers.

Yea thats kinda where I'm at, the last thing I tried to do was buy the Cape and Belt and It was 1.99 going into the cart and once inside the cart they ended up a total of $40. I mean I'm not going to start reporting bug and using my time up on correcting something that should be going on automatically (they most likly have these bugs in their reports already). I'll just keep looking in on it here and there. Seems as though the forums are working nicly though I just posted my first time since the reopening and I am getting notifications when you guys post ;)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

The past two weeks, from the time the new store went live, I ordered 9 times (from the May 20'th). Of these, 1 was a double-order due to the slowness of the system and I retried (yes, I sent a request, and got a reply), 3 orders were $0 ones (freebies), and 2 were items including $1 items and PC-items (with a total at/or below $4.99). So, in all I sent 6 orders that didn't make DAZ3D very much money, only 3 orders at $6.97, $15.56 and one at a whopping $25.97 (due to being kinda important to me - not being on sale either). What's interesting is that the $0 ones are predominantly at the later dates, the last one sent at the 30'th (Sweet Dreams). And looking as I'm logged in to see that I have (5 items) in my wishlist when going to the store. Opens my wishlist and it resets to 99 items (as it should). I don't see any reason to buy anything at all until this is fixed!

When I read about sales-prices going haywire, I wonder if I were lucky when I ordered things, and it's broken now or what? DAZ3D might as well suspend all sales, gifts etc. until after the store (the forum is the 2'nd priority in my humble opinion) has been fixed. It's ont thing with 'buggy' forums (that is, forums not being optimized), but it's a different thing with the store.

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited December 1969

I agree, the store MUST be Daz's priority
    as a business that has to meet customer need providing good service
    a buggy forum is still better than no forum to vent issues with the store and software.

edited December 1969

Agreed! Store must come first.

• WindTrancerWindTrancer Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

Back in the day when I worked at Wang, we made a change over to the customer service management system during operations however it was completely transparent to the customers. We maintained the old system on line in parallel with the new one, and performed transactions on both systems in tandem. It took estra work, however we took advantage of terminal macros (scripts that reduced data entry) to keep it efficient. Only when transactional and analysis reports matched up for a complete quarter was the plug pulled on the old system. We handled well over 2000 service request transactions a day from centralized call centers and received the ISO 9000 quality award that year.

Military Commands, Airports, Hospitals and other mission critical institutions have plans in place when disaster strikes their systems, power or supply infrastructure to allow for uninterrupted core operations. I mention this to point out that smooth transitions can be performed, they just have to be planned well with extra contingency and redundancy in place.

ah, good old Wang...used to do term papers using autodoc (back in the 80s before the advent of the PC). now what you describe is how professional ITers conduct updates, etc. there is ever so little that is professional about Daz's ability to maintain their website...they are the sorriest ITer wannabees i have ever encountered...nice folks but really not terribly good with details..i don't for a moment believe this new site was ever beta tested before going live (maybe their QCers did which explains the current situation)...you see this is the Daz way of updating a website...their customers are the beta testers...this is not the first time something like this has happened with a Daz site upgrade...it is just the worst.

as a strictly Poser user, i am just so relieved that i did not renew my annual PC membership when the renewal came up at the end of January...

edited December 1969

As Richard said, they have zip-files for at least old installers (as I only reset one that gave a buggy installer, now it works like a charm - just extract to the runtime). So all is not sad and blue(s).

edited December 1969

So NG, all of your resets are now giving your zips? Are you on PC or MAC?

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2012

to what has come first. it is quite simple...without a working store no selling of items, no selling of items no money, no money no forum :lol:

but as I have written in the old forum... "never change a running system" well, some admins have answered that the old system wasn`t running well and an armee of programmers had to work on it every day. well, the old store as well as the old forum worked quite well for me and if the armee of programmers is smaller now I don`t know but I guess not :lol: and if the armee will be smaller in the future...lets wait and see :lol:

fact is...and I agree, the problem with the old installers is a thing I can`t understand. It is good that there is a fixture utillity out there but as I know, this was not programmed/fixed by daz but by a forum user or customer and if this is true that is another thing I can`t undertand.
    another thing is the "requiered products" listed next to items. This doesn`t also not work until now, also a thing that is not understandable.

Haven`t you run a test before you went online with your new store?

Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited December 1969

Apparently they did some testing but as it seems not much at all before going live.

• edited December 1969

Actually one thing I am not happy about is I have been using 4.5 Pro and it has some issues that can't even report in the thread that existed before this new website launched

But yeah I am in the same boat as the rest of you.

edited December 1969

There is a 4.5 thread in DAZ Studio Discussion forum that you can put stuff in.

• edited December 1969

Ok thank you but I think I will wait until I see what my status is here since my account is a major mess right now

4.5 been quirky not annoying yet

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    So NG, all of your resets are now giving your zips? Are you on PC or MAC?

It seems so. I reset the '66 Motor Scooter, and it gave a Zip-file.

edited December 1969

Well that's good to know. Thanks for the info! :-)

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,058
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Apparently they did some testing but as it seems not much at all before going live.

To be fair to the DAZ team - it is absolutely impossible to stress-test a test environment. A lot of the issues we're seeing are caching and inter-server access issues. There are VERY few institutions that can afford to build a test environment that matches the production environment in all ways - paths to disk, network layout, cpu count, server count, memory, and all such similar items. And even if you get that - you can't get a thousand testers to beat on it for two days.

I fault the team for such things as not having working links to the zen-desk system and the mantis web problem reporting system - those should both be trivial and should have been in -place before the cut. That was unprofessional and unacceptable.

I also fault management for not communicating. Back when I was working and had my back against the wall, my boss (tech services manager) was on-site with me for two reasons. One was moral support - I knew he had my back. The other was to keep the animals at bay. He would send out (in our case, hourly) status emails to the corporation. The first few hours usually amounted to short "no change, we're still analyzing the problem" messages. But they satisfied the rest of the company by showing that someone was trying to do something.

I would like to see a new sticky from the manager of the web team updated daily, about an hour before the end of the day. It should list the top six items being worked on, and for each a status of analyzing, coding, testing fix, or fixed. For each item listed as 'fixed', add another to the list. (Seems to me I proposed this the last time the store cutover fell on it's face).

Just let us know WHAT is being worked on and WHEN you think it's been fixed. PLEASE.