LuxRender to DS4.5

GothyLoxGothyLox Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Ok, I remember having a hard time getting Luxrender to work along with DS3, and now I find myself having the same issues getting it to work along with DS4.5. Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial to get this plugin to work, or any tips that might help. Also, I know there was a lot to download with 4.5, but did I miss the Reality plugin download, or was it ever even included? Thanks!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Paolo has the upgrade for Reality to work with 4.5 on his website.

• GothyLoxGothyLox Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Paolo has the upgrade for Reality to work with 4.5 on his website.

I seen that, but I thought it came with the 4.5 pro download...and it isn't free from what I can see. :/

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

No, Reality does not come as part of DS4.5

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you bought Reality 2.0 you get the DS4.5 Upgrade from his site. You need your info from the 2.0 order.

edited December 1969

But do you really need the Reality plugin to use Luxrender with DS4.5? That's all I really wanna do...

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

But do you really need the Reality plugin to use Luxrender with DS4.5? That's all I really wanna do...

Yes, it is certainly the simplest way that I know of, and it is a paid for plugin, and not part of DS4Pro.

There used to be a plugin by Tofusan which worked in DS3, but he doesn't seem to have upgraded it for DS4.

Luxrender doesn't use the OBJ format as far as I know, but you can use Lux through Blender.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

you could also export obj from DS4 and import it back to DS3 if Blender is not an option. From DS3 you can use Tofusan's LuxRenderDS plugin which as stated by JimmyC was not updated to work in DS 4.x

http://tofusan.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/06/luxrenderds-3d3.html
    the site is in Japanese, the links are towards the bottom of the blog.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,876
    edited December 1969

If you own Reality 2 already, you can download the update for DS45 here - http://preta3d.com/tasks/Reality2Download.php

edited December 1969

Ok, thanks everyone! Hopefully Tofusan will come up with an update, since I'm broke all of the time. I appreciate all of your input! :D