Gen3 + Gen4 Characters to Genesis with Iconic shapes?

RabeRabe Posts: 0

Its probably a stupid question, but I am still going to ask it *g*.
If I get the iconic G3 and G4 shapes for genesis, is it possible to use G3 and G4 characters with Genesis?
Probably not, but I'm not sure.
And if not, how do I make Genesis use - say a M4 texture?
And I read autofit will work now with gen3 clothing, but You need the Gen 3 shapes for it. Is this correct?
I'd really appreciate some "shortcuts", as I'm really not very good at finding the answers *g*
So thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

You can use V4 and M4 textures on Genesis without anything, built into DS. The Autofit should Work for V4 and M4 clothing items as well it is also built into DS. You do need the other figure shapes installed for use of the other Figures, and Textures that are not based on V4 and M4.

You can not use G4 or G3 morphs on Genesis without converting them to Genesis with the Gen X plugin. The Plugin requires you have the Genesis G4 and G3 shapes installed before it will convert the morphs to Genesis.

I hope this helps clear things up.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • RabeRabe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank You, that did help a lot. Now I have just one more question.;-) Is there a method to get genesis clothes conforming to a Gen 4 figure? I tried to dial it in but I couldnt get to fit it at all.....

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Rabe said:
    Thank You, that did help a lot. Now I have just one more question.;-) Is there a method to get genesis clothes conforming to a Gen 4 figure? I tried to dial it in but I couldnt get to fit it at all.....

Genesis clothes are weight-mapped, so to use them on a Gen 4 figure you would need to rig them with old-style parametric Poser rigging.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rabe said:

Genesis clothes are weight-mapped, so to use them on a Gen 4 figure you would need to rig them with old-style parametric Poser rigging.Also try this, do a Fit to, then Right click your figure in a area the clothing does not cover. In the Pop up menu pick this, Transfer Active Morphs, after it runs select the clothing item in the Scene Tab and open the Parameters Tab. Try Smoothing at other levels. This will not work for items that are not close at load but it might help, for the smoothing be sure V4 or the G4 figure is the collision target.

• RabeRabe Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

[
    Genesis clothes are weight-mapped, so to use them on a Gen 4 figure you would need to rig them with old-style parametric Poser rigging.
    Thanks for the explanation, unfortunately I don't know a thing about rigging and stuff :-(

Also try this, do a Fit to, then Right click your figure in a area the clothing does not cover. In the Pop up menu pick this, Transfer Active Morphs, after it runs select the clothing item in the Scene Tab and open the Parameters Tab. Try Smoothing at other levels. This will not work for items that are not close at load but it might help, for the smoothing be sure V4 or the G4 figure is the collision target.

Thank You, I tried, it looks better now.

Now I found this Tutorial
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/rigging/tutorials/transfer_utility/start
    It did look pretty straightforward, so I thought i'd try .
    The tutorial uses genesis as source figure and a clothing item as target. Now I want to use M4 as source figure and a genesis clothing item as target., but I cannot select M4 as source.
    Does it simply not work this way round or did I just miss any settings/options etc ?

Sorry for asking a lot of stupid questions, help would still be very much appreciated *g*

Post edited by Rabe on