Using CDI's Faerime with H4

mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is it possible to inject the Faerime A4 morphs into H4? I really like some of the face shapes, esp the male ones, and would like to use them on H4, but I can't figure out if it's possible to do so.

I figured out how to load CDI's Sadie Mae into Sam, but the Faerime set operates differently, so I'm kind of stumped.

Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,946
    edited December 1969

I think you'd probably be better off getting the Morphus morphs for M4 for useing on H4.But maybe someone else knows how to put
    the Faireme into H4

Link to Morphus : http://www.daz3d.com/shop/morphus

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited September 2012

I don't know how either Faermi or the Sadie Morphs are installed but here are some possibilities:

Please understand that I am not saying that these are complete instructions. They are ideas that I would pursue if I were trying to do the transfer.

Also: I am a poser user so my thinking runs to the way that poser works. DS may require different procedures.

1: Copy the morph channels.
    Load M4, H4 M4++and any other morphs you are going to want in your final model. (M4 isn't so much a model as it is a script that BUILDS the M4 model)
    Save the result with a new name.
    Load V4, A4 & Faermi.
    Save this under another name also.
    Use Morph Manager to transfer the morphs from V4 to M4

2:Make a Frankenstein of H4 with V4's head. I MAY be able to find a tutorial on how to do this with an older model.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the suggestions. I already have Morphus, but wanted the more toony-looking face shapes in Faerime for H4. I don't know if DS has something like a Morph Transfer, though.

I was able to transfer the Sadie++ Morphs and CDI's Sadie Mae morphs to Sam by editing the cr2 files and then saving them as a new file name. Unfortunately, I don't think that's possible with Faerime.

Frankensteining sounds like an interesting challenge! And maybe if I mess around enough with H4 and Morphus dials, I can come up with some faces that are toonier.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I was on vacation and just recently got caught up with stuff.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

This freebie I made might accomplish what you want:
    http://araneldon.blogspot.fi/2010/11/mixing-m4v4k4-morphs.html

In the package you will find a Michael 4 CR2 file that accepts both Hiro 4 and morph injections made for Victoria 4.

edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    This freebie I made might accomplish what you want:
    http://araneldon.blogspot.fi/2010/11/mixing-m4v4k4-morphs.html

In the package you will find a Michael 4 CR2 file that accepts both Hiro 4 and morph injections made for Victoria 4.

Thanks!! I'll give this a try this weekend.
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

The phrase 'Frankensteining' refers to using the body from one figure and the head from another. It used to be a fairly common way of creating hybrid characters.

edited December 1969

I know about kit-bashing, but never tried mixing figures. But araneldon's figure suggestion works great -- and thanks again!I haven't done much experimenting (it was a busy weekend) but here's the result of adding A4 and Faerime to M4:

M4+Faerime.jpg
    905 x 905 - 236K