Ghost-like transparency in DS4

RebeccaSanRebeccaSan Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello all,

I'm a noobie with some experience in Poser back in the days of 5.

I just got DS4 Pro and I've created a scene in a haunted house using two characters: Nata and Chibi Girl.

I want Chibi to be ghost-like and partially see-through, but I have no idea how to do that. I messed with some settings blindly and found a way to make her body transparent, but then her eyes and teeth were still fully visible. It looked spooky ( and something to keep in mind for another render), but I want the whole of Chibi to have the same amount of transparency.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and Regards,

Brian

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

The only way I know to get a true ghost in DS is with the Shader pwGhost. You will need to edit all the parts you do not wish to see in the surfaces tab without pwGhost. The best I ever did was turn all the inner mouth and all but the pupal of the eyes to 100% opacity or fully transparent in DS.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • WulfricWulfric Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

brianka said:
    Hello all,

I'm a noobie with some experience in Poser back in the days of 5.

I just got DS4 Pro and I've created a scene in a haunted house using two characters: Nata and Chibi Girl.

I want Chibi to be ghost-like and partially see-through, but I have no idea how to do that. I messed with some settings blindly and found a way to make her body transparent, but then her eyes and teeth were still fully visible. It looked spooky ( and something to keep in mind for another render), but I want the whole of Chibi to have the same amount of transparency.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and Regards,

Brian

There are a couple of add-ons that can be used for doing this. The first is available through the DAZ store and is named pwGhost. Alternately, there is a free shader that does a really goodjob on ShareCG, http://www.sharecg.com/v/49096/View/7/Material-and-Shader/DS3-Ghost-shader-presets

Here is a render I did using the shader from ShareCG.

Spectrophobia800.jpg
    800 x 751 - 527K
  • ifourdezignifourdezign Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'd be interested in this to...I've recently put a ghost into a scene but actually decided to render it separately and treat it as postwork in Photoshop because I didn't want to spend cash on add ons etc. But having seen your post WulfricF which is really good, I may reconsider.

• WulfricWulfric Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

...I didn't want to spend cash on add ons etc. But having seen your post WulfricF which is really good, I may reconsider.

Thanks. Just a side note, the ghost shader that I used was free at ShareCG so you don't have to spend money at all. :-)

pwGhost does have a few additional options that the free shader doesn't, which makes it worth picking up when you can. I'm hoping to get the full PW set soon myself.

• RebeccaSanRebeccaSan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all of your input.

WulfricF, thanks for pointing me to the shaders. I've got them loaded and will try them soon.

I'll upload the pic as soon as it's done.

Happy rendering to one and all

Brian

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

Will PWGhost be updated for 4.5?