3rd Gen to 4th Gen?

AWESOMEMAN1AWESOMEMAN1 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if there was a way to convert 3rd Gen figures into 4th Gen figures. I don't have enough money to buy M4 and V4 or M5 and V5 for Genesisis. I would really like some help. Thanks :)

PS. A way to convert 4th Gen to 5th Gen would be appreciated but isn't required.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is no way of converting figures that I know of.

Is it because you have free Gen3 figures, but want them to look like Gen 4 figures (or Genesis)?

The cheapest way to do anything, would be to buy the iconic shapes for Genesis, which are reasonable priced, which would make Genesis look like M3/4 or V3/4 etc. You could also just buy the Evolution Head and Body Morphs for Genesis, and have a go at creating your own figure. There is some free stuff for Genesis as well.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

*looks left, looks right and whispers*
    If your half decent with the rigging tools in DS4 then you already have V4 & M4 converted to Gen5, the clone morphs used with autofit are virtually the same shape as V4 & M4, you just need to adjust the rig to let them bend better, ERC freeze the changes and save them out as new morph assets (you don't want to overwrite the originals as that'll break autofit).

*slips back into the shadows*

Gen4_or_not.jpg
    1183 x 690 - 258K
  • AWESOMEMAN1AWESOMEMAN1 Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

There is no way of converting figures that I know of.

Is it because you have free Gen3 figures, but want them to look like Gen 4 figures (or Genesis)?

The cheapest way to do anything, would be to buy the iconic shapes for Genesis, which are reasonable priced, which would make Genesis look like M3/4 or V3/4 etc. You could also just buy the Evolution Head and Body Morphs for Genesis, and have a go at creating your own figure. There is some free stuff for Genesis as well.

I want the geometry of the Gen3 figures (M3/V3) to match the 4th Gen (M4/V4) and their morphs. Either that or I want the actual Gen4 figures without having to pay $30 for 1 figure each.
    Post edited by AWESOMEMAN1 on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

I want the geometry of the 3rd Gen figures (M3/V3) to match the 4th Gen (M4/V4) and their morphs.

not going to happen.

Before genesis....Morphs were (and still are) dependent on the geometry of the figure, so, (they were exclusive to that geometry)

morphs for V3 will not work on V4, and vice versa. because the geometry of the figure is different.
    that's why there are different morph packs for different figures. and not just a single "Standard" morph pack for all figures.

As Jimmy mentioned,.. you can buy the Iconic shapes for genesis, (much cheaper than the gen 3 and gen 4 models, and these shapes can change the genesis figure into V3, or M3,..V4, or M4 etc.. by using a slider control.

Hope it helps :)

edited October 2012

3DAGE said:

not going to happen.

Before genesis....Morphs were (and still are) dependent on the geometry of the figure, so, (they were exclusive to that geometry)

morphs for V3 will not work on V4, and vice versa. because the geometry of the figure is different.
    that's why there are different morph packs for different figures. and not just a single "Standard" morph pack for all figures.

As Jimmy mentioned,.. you can buy the Iconic shapes for genesis, (much cheaper than the gen 3 and gen 4 models, and these shapes can change the genesis figure into V3, or M3,..V4, or M4 etc.. by using a slider control.

I updated the reply to Jimmy's comment a bit.
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

You could get a one month's Platinum club membership, and pick up the Iconic shapes for gen 3 or 4 or both.

having those would allow you dial in any mix of those shapes plus any genesis morphs, and the clothes for those figures would also work in autofit.

edited October 2012

3DAGE said:
    You could get a one month's Platinum club membership, and pick up the Iconic shapes for gen 3 or 4 or both.

having those would allow you dial in any mix of those shapes plus any genesis morphs, and the clothes for those figures would also work in autofit.

:coolhmm: ...Interesting, Continue... And by that I mean tell me more.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Which is it that you want to learn more about.

Platinum club information here.

http://www.daz3d.com/products/platinum-club

ANd information about the current PC sale here

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions

edited October 2012

Thanks. I just purchased V4 & M4 for Genesis and it works like a charm. All I need now is the textures and I'll technically have V4 & M4.

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

Well since you originally asked about going from gen3 to gen4 figures I figured I would post this. I believe V4 originally came with a V3 remap allowing V4 to take V3 textures but not morphs but I am not sure about M4. If you want to go from gen3/gen4 to genesis then you should look at the genx bundle and the genesis iconic gen3 figures bundle as well which allows you to transfer morphs & characters over plus gives autofit support for gen3 clothing & etc. The only thing you won't be able to do with these is take gen3 textures over to genesis but gen4 textures work just fine. Gen3 textures will require Texture Converter 2 and several plug-ins to do the appropriate conversions.

edited December 1969

V4 and V3 are different figures, different set up and totally different mapping. same with M3 and M4. THe gen 4 figures are much more advanced than the Gen 3 ones.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    V4 and V3 are different figures, different set up and totally different mapping. same with M3 and M4. THe gen 4 figures are much more advanced than the Gen 3 ones.

Thanks but I was talking about the Gen4 Textures
    edited December 1969

Ah in that case V4 comes with a V4 to V3 figure, which had the figure of V3, so she could wear V3's wardrobe, but she took V4 textures and head morphs, her body had to stay as generic V3, had no morphing ability. There wasn't an equivalent M4 hybrid.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Thanks but I was talking about the Gen4 Textures

Well, Gen4 textures work on Genesis (even without GenX) and there's like a gazillion freebies (some way better than others...)

Syltermermaid has some for V4...

http://www.artraiders.com/download.php?user_id=2596

There's a couple of decent Gen4 textures on ShareCG....

Try Shaaleia

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=shaaelia

Just-last-knight has a couple full characters, along with a bunch of poses...

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=just_last_knight

There's more...lots more, those are just some of the ones off the top of my head that I know have reasonable to superb quality.