Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited October 2012

Poser Users:

If you own MFD Unimesh Fits for V4, reset your downloads. There is a Poser DSON compatible version of the Genesis MFD in there now. Support just added it. (thanks, Jen)

Post edited by andolaurina on
  • Mary WilliamsMary Williams Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Poser Users:

If you own MFD Unimesh Fits for V4, reset your downloads. There is a Poser DSON compatible version of the Genesis MFD in there now. Support just added it. (thanks, Jen)

Oooh. That was one thing I converted over on my own. I want to go see how it's different than that version!

Thanks for the heads up!!

• ketthroveketthrove Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Hi

I have two important questions:

1- I have installed DSON importer for poser and I have observed than genesis character does not import Michael 4 body morphs proportion, ( neither V4 morph ), however in daz 3d studio I have those morphs. Is any way of importing the morphs to DSON genesis poser?

2- Poser Genesis character, does not include IK chain, is possible to activate the IK parameter it?

The first can happen if the content directory that contains the morph is mapped in Studio but not in Poser. If you own Studio and Poser it is best to have the same directories mapped in each if they contain Genesis content. By the way if this is not the case, you'll want to set a unique cache location for the Poser that is different from the Studio one, or they will continually invalidate each other's morph caches and take longer to load each time you switch programs.

The second would have to be setup in Poser's setup room. To do this make sure subd is off on genesis and there is nothing geo-grafted to it. Then do the normal IK construction steps in the setup room. After setup just re-enable subdivision and you IKed Genesis.

• edited December 1969

has the dson importer been updated, I just recieved a message that version 1.0.0.13 will have a rough fix for the library freeze , but I'm not showing it yet

edited December 1969

1.0.0.13 is not release yet.

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Nightsong said:
    Poser Users:

Oooh. That was one thing I converted over on my own. I want to go see how it's different than that version!

Thanks for the heads up!!

You're welcome! :)

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

does anyone else has a black line towards his body in the preview in poser?

is this normal?

Untitled-1.jpg
    1297 x 1245 - 120K
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    does anyone else has a black line towards his body in the preview in poser?

is this normal?

Those are on whenever the figure is subd or being grafted to.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

I have the lines also showing also each group

BTW Vintage Kurta for Genesis have new Poser Companion File

you can download here for free

http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=87

below Poser render

DSON_vintage_Kurta_comp.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 296K
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:

This happens at times when UVs are switched. Dialing certain morphs or saving the scene and reloading generally removes the lines between groups.

• info_57dd6462c1info_57dd6462c1 Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

ketthrove said:
    Hi

1- I have installed DSON importer for poser and I have observed than genesis character does not import Michael 4 body morphs proportion, ( neither V4 morph ), however in daz 3d studio I have those morphs. Is any way of importing the morphs to DSON genesis poser?

2- Poser Genesis character, does not include IK chain, is possible to activate the IK parameter it?

The first can happen if the content directory that contains the morph is mapped in Studio but not in Poser. If you own Studio and Poser it is best to have the same directories mapped in each if they contain Genesis content. By the way if this is not the case, you'll want to set a unique cache location for the Poser that is different from the Studio one, or they will continually invalidate each other's morph caches and take longer to load each time you switch programs.

The second would have to be setup in Poser's setup room. To do this make sure subd is off on genesis and there is nothing geo-grafted to it. Then do the normal IK construction steps in the setup room. After setup just re-enable subdivision and you IKed Genesis.

Hi:

In my case the problem is that and did not have installed V4 and M4 shapes for Genesis. I have installed this items and the problem this solved ;-)

In this moment I am testing a setup for the ik chain.

Other question:

Is It possible to import a morph created with facegen for genesis, from daz studio to poser genesis?

greetings

Post edited by info_57dd6462c1 on
  • DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

For the many of you who are waiting for new files that are supported in the new DSON Importer for Poser, the plan is to release more products throughout each month (hopefully weekly).

The next batch of files are in the bucket to be released next week. So please keep watching for more supported products in the coming weeks.

• yannich_ff4dab420dyannich_ff4dab420d Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

If the Poser companion files haven't been made yet for the M5 Gens, you can either make them yourself in DS, or use the DSON Loader script in Poser to load them. http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

Just install the script into the runtime inside your Poser 9 or Pro 2012 program folder (NOT your normal rintime for content - the script needs to be in the actual Poser program directory). Then you can launch the script from the Poser script menu and navigate to the normal DS file for loading the Gens - Male Genetalia.duf in People/Genesis/Anatomy. the script will get the importer to import the gensfor you into Poser.

Just got back to teh forum, so now need to go back in this thread to where I left off last night and catch up!
    I tried to use the script above but had a poser crash .
    I tried 2 times re-installing the script .
    I have DS4.1 with .duf stuff

edited December 1969

ketthrove said:
    Hi

Hi:

In my case the problem is that and did not have installed V4 and M4 shapes for Genesis. I have installed this items and the problem this solved ;-)

Other question:

Is It possible to import a morph created with facegen for genesis, from daz studio to poser genesis

greetings

If you save a scene or scene subset in Studio of Genesis with your morph applied, and generate the Poser Companion files. Or it may be easier to save a "Morph Asset" in Studio. It will make the morph available to all your Genesis that map the location where you saved the asset.

edited December 1969

Yes thanks good to know they are gone when I switch the morph a little bit and return it back ..
    I wish to know how to remove them also from the full figure body , switching between resolution did not work

ketthrove said:
    Mec4D said:

This happens at times when UVs are switched. Dialing certain morphs or saving the scene and reloading generally removes the lines between groups.

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:

Yes thanks good to know they are gone when I switch the morph a little bit and return it back ..
    I wish to know how to remove them also from the full figure body , switching between resolution did not work

ketthrove said:
    Mec4D said:

The lines are there when ever subd is on or the figure is being grafted too. They are the "cage" lines, the outlined form of the bones before they are grafted/subdivided. They are required for subd/grafting to work right.

edited December 1969

I got it I have to use the script to set the sub-d off and they are gone ... thanks

ketthrove said:
    Mec4D said:

ketthrove said:
    Mec4D said:

The lines are there when ever subd is on or the figure is being grafted too. They are the "cage" lines, the outlined form of the bones before they are grafted/subdivided. They are required for subd/grafting to work right.

• info_57dd6462c1info_57dd6462c1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ketthrove said:
    ketthrove said:
    Hi

Hi:

Other question:

Is It possible to import a morph created with facegen for genesis, from daz studio to poser genesis

greetings

If you save a scene or scene subset in Studio of Genesis with your morph applied, and generate the Poser Companion files. Or it may be easier to save a "Morph Asset" in Studio. It will make the morph available to all your Genesis that map the location where you saved the asset.

Thank, I,m very happy for the moment :-D

• LaschaeLaschae Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the force limits in each joint without manually going thru and unchecking it? Using the pull down and turning limits off is NOT working.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Sunfire make sure you have this map under the Runtime folder : \Runtime\textures\Catharina_Textures\M5TunicBeltTunic\
    if is missing you will have to re download or copy and paste the the folder M5TunicBeltTunic from previews version you own of the Tunic and paste there , make sure the Runtime folder is together with the data and people folder in one directory in my case My Library
    I checked the mc6 and it point to \Runtime\textures\Catharina_Textures\M5TunicBeltTunic\ so everything just fine

and regarding to the belt you are right , it need to be conform to Genesis and then you run the Transfer all morphs from the script
    layered clothing does not work the way as in DS , but I wonder why as the tunic is a genesis also , however conform it to genesis worked as well only if you use any other shape as base genesis so I learned something again

Sunfire said:

Cath! Help! The belt stays hidden under the tunic even when I conform it to the tunic and try to transfer the active morphs. And then it won't take any of the textures either from the mat file in the figures folder, or the materials in the material folder, the tunic won't take the textures either.

Actually when I look, the only textures I have are for the neanderthal in fact they are Neanderthal_Maps_GenesisM4 It looks like you packaged the wrong textures with it.

edited December 1969

everything is already fixed in the morning and the product is updated with new files :)
    sorry I find it out thanks to you .. the software take the wrong folder
    you can re download now and also Vintage Kurta if you own the last product as I made new PCF for DSON

Sunfire said:
    Mec4D said:
    Sunfire make sure you have this map under the Runtime folder : \Runtime\textures\Catharina_Textures\M5TunicBeltTunic\
    if is missing you will have to re download or copy and paste the the folder M5TunicBeltTunic from previews version you own of the Tunic and paste there , make sure the Runtime folder is together with the data and people folder in one directory in my case My Library
    I checked the mc6 and it point to \Runtime\textures\Catharina_Textures\M5TunicBeltTunic\ so everything just fine

and regarding to the belt you are right , it need to be conform to Genesis and then you run the Transfer all morphs from the script
    layered clothing does not work the way as in DS , but I wonder why as the tunic is a genesis also , however conform it to genesis worked as well only if you use any other shape as base genesis so I learned something again

Sunfire said:

Cath! Help! The belt stays hidden under the tunic even when I conform it to the tunic and try to transfer the active morphs. And then it won't take any of the textures either from the mat file in the figures folder, or the materials in the material folder, the tunic won't take the textures either.

Actually when I look, the only textures I have are for the neanderthal in fact they are Neanderthal_Maps_GenesisM4 It looks like you packaged the wrong textures with it.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Hmm,

After looking over the Starter Bundles, the only one that really has stuff I could use a lot is the Genesis one. I think I might get that and just V5 and M5 as they stand, chuck in the bikini and I think I'll have enough to keep myself going.

So, bearing that in mind I may need that companion file for Buddy 2 to M5 sooner than I'd planned.

CHEERS!

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    everything is already fixed in the morning and the product is updated with new files :)
    sorry I find it out thanks to you .. the software take the wrong folder
    you can re download now and also Vintage Kurta if you own the last product as I made new PCF for DSON

Sunfire said:
    Mec4D said:

Sunfire said:

Glad I could help! :) I'll go redownload it.

edited December 1969

I am uploading in 20 min Buddy2 to M5 Companion file to my server

Rogerbee said:

Hmm,

After looking over the Starter Bundles, the only one that really has stuff I could use a lot is the Genesis one. I think I might get that and just V5 and M5 as they stand, chuck in the bikini and I think I'll have enough to keep myself going.

So, bearing that in mind I may need that companion file for Buddy 2 to M5 sooner than I'd planned.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

it is there FREE :)

Buddy2 to M5 Companion files

http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=88

DSON_Buddy2_to_M5_comp.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 338K
  • foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Cath,

Would there be any changes to Magda (my personal favorite), Mamita, Eli, Hunks, or Jackie? Just wondering because they are perfect the way they are now.

edited December 1969

I don't have to as I made UV's switcher free on my website and you can use with the old poser materials not need PCF
    I could do some extra morphs for genesis as well to match better the heads , but for today you can use them already and all v4 textures you own .. just switch and add mats and you done .. :)

foxylady said:
    Cath,

Would there be any changes to Magda (my personal favorite), Mamita, Eli, Hunks, or Jackie? Just wondering because they are perfect the way they are now.

• foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    I don't have to as I made UV's switcher free on my website and you can use with the old poser materials not need PCF
    I could do some extra morphs for genesis as well to match better the heads , but for today you can use them already and all v4 textures you own .. just switch and add mats and you done .. :)

foxylady said:
    Cath,

Thank you. (After all this time, Magda is still my favorite. I get her very close to how you render her, but I am not there yet.)

edited December 1969

yes she is just perfect the way she is , now I will use her also more often ..and a new morph are needed !
    I am finishing Neanderthal for Genesis and PCF 30 min would be ready to pick up also ..

foxylady said:
    Mec4D said:

foxylady said:
    Cath,

Thank you. (After all this time, Magda is still my favorite. I get her very close to how you render her, but I am not there yet.)

• edited December 1969

I am getting soooooooooooo VERY frustrating seeing this after repeated loading. I have 64bit, on Poser Pro 2012 upgrade. It won't find it no matter what I put it. Does anybody understand the frustration of uninstalling and reinstalling several dozen times with NOTHING working at all?

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Genesis Essentials\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

This discussion has been closed.