CHECK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT if you recieved errors when ordering on Oct 11th

larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
edited October 2012 in The Commons

If you had an issue oct 11th placing an order with a coupon code you may want to check your bank account. I had two orders go through 3 times today. fortunately when I saw the duplicate charges last week I called the bank and put a claim in. I tried to get daz to cancel them but they didn't see them in their system.

As soon as the charges cleared my bank called me and got Daz on the phone asap. Faster than I ever got daz on the phone in fact. Anyway they are refunding all 6 duplicate charges and I should see them in a few days.

But if you were having issues on the 11th and got that error "order didn't process try again" May want to check your bank account/paypal to see if it really did go through.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on

Comments

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

I'm wondering how long DAZ can keep that up before they get into trouble with the credit card companies. I hear those can be a real pain.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    I'm wondering how long DAZ can keep that up before they get into trouble with the credit card companies. I hear those can be a real pain.

Of course Daz blamed me when we had the conference call with the bank :) Was my fault that the order gave me an error message and said it didn't go through even though apparently the charge did. I didn't get any links to the products or an order number but somehow it's my fault.

I messaged daz via the help desk 4 or 5 times and they never understood the problem. All they did was reset my downloads and never removed the charges because they didn't see the duplicates. I called twice and spoke to 3 people. They even hung up on me one time and sent me an update via the help desk instead of on the phone (i assume that was an accident).

I just hope people review their online accounts before the monthly statements come in, the sooner you discover this stuff the better.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited October 2012

Thanks for the information larsmidnatt.

Daz charged me five times for an order that didn't complete succesfully. I'll need to go to the bank tomorrow to see what they can do. My bank has already transferred about $150 USD to Daz's account. I'm going to send a message via the help desk to see if Daz can do anything in the meantime.

Edit to add:
    I did not receive any receipts or conformation numbers for the transactions. I tried to call Daz 3D, but their phone lines are busy.

Hopefully Daz or my bank will be able to refund my money some how.

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the information larsmidnatt.

Daz charged me five times for an order that didn't complete succesfully. I'll need to go to the bank tomorrow to see what they can do. My bank has already transferred about $150 USD to Daz's account. I'm going to send a message via the help desk to see if Daz can do anything in the meantime.

Edit to add:
    I did not receive any receipts or conformation numbers for the transactions. I tried to call Daz 3D, but their phone lines are busy.

Hopefully Daz or my bank will be able to refund my money some how.

Sorry to hear that, I hope it works out for you. When the bank called daz it worked very smoothly, but when I was on the phone with Daz alone they never could find the transactions I was talking about. Good luck, I hope you get the money quickly.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
    edited December 1969

Yep, I'm sure it's us the customer's fault. After all, we're the ones who haven't changed our computers. It couldn't possibly be DAZ's fault because of the new "improvements" to the DAZ store. (*snark*)

• pantenepantene Posts: 195
    edited December 1969

If you had an issue oct 11th placing an order with a coupon code you may want to check your bank account. I had two orders go through 3 times today. fortunately when I saw the duplicate charges last week I called the bank and put a claim in. I tried to get daz to cancel them but they didn't see them in their system.

As soon as the charges cleared my bank called me and got Daz on the phone asap. Faster than I ever got daz on the phone in fact. Anyway they are refunding all 6 duplicate charges and I should see them in a few days.

But if you were having issues on the 11th and got that error "order didn't process try again" May want to check your bank account/paypal to see if it really did go through.

Thank you for the HU, lars. Just checked my bank account. I've got a dupe too, but only 4.90$. The one on Oct. 12 has passed, but the one on Oct. 11 is being held. Maybe Daz is aware of the problem, and I won't have to go through the same trouble as you did. I feel so sorry for you. You're such a nice person. And to top it off, I can't get into the Members Only forum and can't buy 1.99 items, even though I renewed my PC subscription on Oct 1st.. And just when Daz granted me an 8$ store credit that's burning a hole in my pockets. Oh, it hurts!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Put in a support ticket about the PC membership. For some reason this often happens when you have been given a store credit. Once they know they restore your membership permissions quite quickly.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Put in a support ticket about the PC membership. For some reason this often happens when you have been given a store credit. Once they know they restore your membership permissions quite quickly.

Thanks, chohole. I already did, of course. I had a feeling the two were somehow related. Glad to know it will be remedied s... Yikes! Almost said it.

edited December 1969

pantene said:

Thank you for the HU, lars. Just checked my bank account. I've got a dupe too, but only 4.90$. The one on Oct. 12 has passed, but the one on Oct. 11 is being held. Maybe Daz is aware of the problem, and I won't have to go through the same trouble as you did. I feel so sorry for you. You're such a nice person. And to top it off, I can't get into the Members Only forum and can't buy 1.99 items, even though I renewed my PC subscription on Oct 1st.. And just when Daz granted me an 8$ store credit that's burning a hole in my pockets. Oh, it hurts!

Glad I could help, good thing it wasn't much. I had the same problem once with a store credit, got kicked out the PC. I joke that it was punishment for asking for a return ;)

I would just keep an eye on the extra charge as I may clear and you may need to ask them to give you that money back. I tried to make Daz aware of my extra $90+ dollars in charges before they went through but they didn't see them in the system, so it's possible they don't see yours either.

edited December 1969

pantene said:

Glad I could help, good thing it wasn't much. I had the same problem once with a store credit, got kicked out the PC. I joke that it was punishment for asking for a return ;)

I would just keep an eye on the extra charge as I may clear and you may need to ask them to give you that money back. I tried to make Daz aware of my extra $90+ dollars in charges before they went through but they didn't see them in the system, so it's possible they don't see yours either.

If I believed in reincarnation, I'd say we're running pretty much the same karma, except that you're human and I'm unicorn. I won't tell which is better:lol: Seriously, though, I think it's great the way you handle the whole situation. If you were in an anger management class, you would get A+. Seeing how you feel makes me feel better.

edited October 2012

pantene said:
    Seeing how you feel makes me feel better.

It's the catgirl avatar, makes everyone warm and fuzzy.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

pantene said:

Hmm, inside beauty works pretty good, too.

edited December 1969

pantene said:
    pantene said:

Hmm, inside beauty works pretty good, too.

Thanks.:red:

*chuckles*

original_pocket-mirror-inner-beauty.jpg
    900 x 898 - 63K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Daz may not see our transactions because the store didn't record them. Daz's bank should see our transactions after they have cleared our accounts. My transactions with Daz 3d are not pending or awaiting authorization.

I am waiting for Daz to reply to my ticket. I think the customer service representatives are taking their time to check their bank statements or something because they don't have a record of my "orders". If I don't hear from Daz before Friday, I will call my bank to see if they can reverse the charges some how. I wouldn't be so impatient but I need to pay some bills soon and I don't have a lot of money in my account.

Ok, bye

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

On searching the forums for "PC Membership problem" I came upon this thread... and after experiencing some disturbing activity from the new storefront on several orders during the PC anniversary sale, I thought it prudent to check bank my statements. Dang just my luck, I see I too was redundantly charged for my order on 10/11. 2 paypal transactions for the same order Paypal number. Now I'm locked out of the PC, and awaiting re-entry. I submitted a ticket to get the erroneous charge reverted. However since account reimbursement (supposedly) gets your PC membership reset I hope the fix for _this_ problem does compound that fix.

Don't let this small nuisance trigger any insecurities about purchasing in the store. I am sure this is nothing to be too concerned as I can't imagine that any bank transaction vulnerabilities exist that potentially could be exploited.

Hope this the appropriate place top post this as there is no other thread open on this particular subject and I can't access the PC Complaint thread since that's behind the golden door. :red:

edited December 1969

On searching the forums for "PC Membership problem" I came upon this thread... and after experiencing some disturbing activity from the new storefront on several orders during the PC anniversary sale, I thought it prudent to check bank my statements. Dang just my luck, I see I too was redundantly charged for my order on 10/11. 2 paypal transactions for the same order Paypal number. Now I'm locked out of the PC, and awaiting re-entry. I submitted a ticket to get the erroneous charge reverted. However since account reimbursement (supposedly) gets your PC membership reset I hope the fix for _this_ problem does compound that fix.

Don't let this small nuisance trigger any insecurities about purchasing in the store. I am sure this is nothing to be too concerned as I can't imagine that any bank transaction vulnerabilities exist that potentially could be exploited.

Hope this the appropriate place top post this as there is no other thread open on this particular subject and I can't access the PC Complaint thread since that's behind the golden door. :red:

I guess that shows you can have problems with paypal as well. Sorry it happened but thanks for sharing. I knew I wasn't crazy and that it must have happened to someone else.

As far as I am concerned your comment fits into this thread. I hope it gets resolved quickly. my paypal refund came through but now I'm waiting on my other bank charges to be refunded. Hopefully that won't take too long.

edited December 1969

Hi everybody,
    Just an update on my situation. The good news : the dupe charge has been dropped from my account. I hope you guys fare as well. The bad news : I'm still out of the PC. Oh well. I'm saving money. Maybe all I'll need until the end of the month is my 8$ store credit (Yeah. I wish.)

edited December 1969

pantene said:
    Hi everybody,
    Just an update on my situation. The good news : the dupe charge has been dropped from my account. I hope you guys fare as well. The bad news : I'm still out of the PC. Oh well. I'm saving money. Maybe all I'll need until the end of the month is my 8$ store credit (Yeah. I wish.)

Good news on the charges, not so cool about the PC. Saving money is good. I'm skipping on much of the sales these days so I can have some loot for LAMH when that comes out.

Hope they get you situated. I'm still waiting on my refunds. Fortunately other bills are paid so it's ok.