Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Yes. I was aware it was a Genesis Only outfit. I just rather expected new products to be usable in Poser now that DAZ and SM have a Genesis solution implemented for Poser that does not require DAZ Studio to be installed on a computer.

Kinda hard to convert yourself if you're one of those customers unable to run DS4 :wink:

Hi Satira, it may be worth checking with Richard or someone but iirc one of the benefits of dson files is that you can give them to people to use and as long as they own the product it will work. Hope I've explained this properly but I'm sure someone mentioned in one of the threads that you can get others to convert them for you and provide you with the dson file without eula problems.

Like I said best to check with Richard or someone but I'm fairly sure it can be done...

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    Lindsey said:
    More great deals in the new Category sale: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/clothing-accessories/

Grabbed a bunch of Genesis content $2.54 or less that are not PC items!

I wish they would stop changing the prices on everything over and over -_- Yesterday early in the morning there was a bunch of things at really good discounts but a few hours later the prices doubled (for example, Genesis Ethnic Bundle was $8 then jumped up to the $16). Other items went down in price though yesterday and I had grabbed the Anime Dress + Textures and Percy for each under $2 as well as that Ruffle Bikini to boost the price up to nearly the full $6 so I could get the most out of my coupon. Yesterday, Ruffle Bikini was only 74c, and today it's $1.49.

Anybody know what keeps going on with the prices bouncing around like crazy? :(

I hear they've been having a tough time with the sales prices -- a lot of Genesis stuff got extra discounts applied when they created the sale category for them, then they fixed those, I'm still seeing some items with weird discounts, either too much or too little. If I see something I want at more than 75% off, I assume it's a mistake and get it fast before it gets fixed.

I think the main issue is that they didn't intend the big bundles to be included in the deep discounts, but then all the items in the bundles were also pulled from the discount category. At least, what I'm seeing is that the big bundles (e.g. M5 Starter) and the individual products in that bundle are set to the same discount, and not nearly as attractive as the other items on sale.

But for a few hours at the start of the sale, those bundles were on some insane discount level, and the items in them were at the same discount as the rest of the sale. I can understand why they changed the bundles. I just wish the individual items were still discounted like the others. It's weird to see the textures for a set at a few dollars, but the set itself ten dollars or so more.

• warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Been at the hospital full time since Friday am with my sick dad, so I haven't had a chance to even install what I bought last week. Just got him home, which makes me a lucky duck, cause he's so much better. But then I found out that I'm a doubly lucky duck. :lol: I'm a lucky lucky duck!!!!...:red: Oops. Gotta calm down and watch those typos.

Thank you, Daz. I think I'll use my new goodies make a cartoon to cheer Dad up. Then I'm going to go on another Daz shopping spree.

• rory7411rory7411 Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

Anyone noticed the 1st post's been altered to say Pro Suite instead of Pro Bundle in the BuyItAll section. Wonder if they've changed it or if it's a mistake.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Grr, I'm not getting notifications to this thread again! I hope that dumb problem isn't starting all over again :(

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2012

rory7411 said:
    Anyone noticed the 1st post's been altered to say Pro Suite instead of Pro Bundle in the BuyItAll section. Wonder if they've changed it or if it's a mistake.

If it was a mistake thats a big one to make they updated all three product lines to say the same thing. I didn't even know steph had a pro suite.

EDIT: Can't find in store, can anyone share a link? Or will this be something new.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited October 2012

Hey, I thought there were 2 free coupons to use this month at Daz, for something like a total of $10 dollars...but i can't find it mentioned anywhere. I searched my emails and not a single reference. Am I crazy?????

Edit:
    It's the Platinum club voucher $6 and an extra $4 but it's not working....

I added daz items to my cart, and apply the coupon (no spaces in front or back) and it says coupon is applied but there's NO change in prize.

Why is it broken??
    Figures. :( HELP.

I can't buy things unless the vouchers are working....
    I can't get an annual membership RENEWAL because I have to pay $100 (and then ge 30 back) but i don't HAVE a 100, I don't even have a 30, unless it takes the vouchers.

Really, really irritated and let down by how poorly the basics are handled.
    Feel rather like we're being encouraged to NOT renew membership...
    Had a bad day and not being able to check out and i'm afraid the PC bundles I'm trying to get will also end their price....
    :(

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Can you do a forced refresh or "update cart" to the shopping cart page after coupon-applying?

edited December 1969

I did, and its still saying it's applied, and no change in price :(

edited December 1969

I can't get an annual membership RENEWAL because I have to pay $100 (and then ge 30 back) but i don't HAVE a 100, I don't even have a 30, unless it takes the vouchers.

Sorry to hear you're having issues :(

is there an advantage to annual membership right now, other than the small price difference? That may be enough of a reason but for me it may not be. Was just wondering if there were other incentives I missed.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Hey, I thought there were 2 free coupons to use this month at Daz, for something like a total of $10 dollars...but i can't find it mentioned anywhere. I searched my emails and not a single reference. Am I crazy?????

Edit:

I added daz items to my cart, and apply the coupon (no spaces in front or back) and it says coupon is applied but there's NO change in prize.

Why is it broken??

Had a bad day and not being able to check out and i'm afraid the PC bundles I'm trying to get will also end their price....

Coupons will not "stack", they can only used as one coupon per order, one time usage.
    Coupons cannot be used on 1.99 items, Published Artist items or Platinum Club renewals.
    If any one of those items are in your cart at checkout time, the coupon will be rejected.

These have been the rules for coupons ever since the new site began.
    Sorry,

• rory7411rory7411 Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

I did, and its still saying it's applied, and no change in price :(

Honestly, with that type of error (unless the checkout's screwed up again, which is always possible) it sounds like you're applying it to items it's not valid for.

edited October 2012

Oh and if you're following all those rules (as you may be) you need to contact the Help Desk and let them help you out..

Post edited by TJohn on
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

warmblood said:
    Been at the hospital full time since Friday am with my sick dad, so I haven't had a chance to even install what I bought last week. Just got him home, which makes me a lucky duck, cause he's so much better. But then I found out that I'm a doubly lucky duck. :lol: I'm a lucky lucky duck!!!!...:red: Oops. Gotta calm down and watch those typos.

Thank you, Daz. I think I'll use my new goodies make a cartoon to cheer Dad up. Then I'm going to go on another Daz shopping spree.

Congratulations, and glad to hear that your father is doing better!

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I wonder why there was nothing new in the store today. I thought we always got something new every weekday, but I guess not.

• FasigwritesFasigwrites Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

is there an advantage to annual membership right now, other than the small price difference? That may be enough of a reason but for me it may not be. Was just wondering if there were other incentives I missed.

Okay since I am a monthly member and get the amount just billed to my card every month, I need to ask, What would be the benefit of paying annually? This always keeps me short on time for the monthly PC coupon because it does not seem to get assigned until the 18th when they get paid and is not active for another two or three days.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

RFasig said:

Okay since I am a monthly member and get the amount just billed to my card every month, I need to ask, What would be the benefit of paying annually? This always keeps me short on time for the monthly PC coupon because it does not seem to get assigned until the 18th when they get paid and is not active for another two or three days.

Well, for one thing...$7.95 x 12 months = $95.40, whereas you can get the annual right now for $69.95. So you've saved about $25. I haven't checked, but in the past they've given a $30 voucher when you renew or join annually during this sale. I think maybe they aren't doing that this year...sadly...but I could be wrong. As far as I know, if you are a member and just changing from monthly to annual renewal, you don't get charged the $30 setup fee.

Dana

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited October 2012

At $7.95 per month (if that is what it is) a year's membership comes in at 95.40. Renewal on annual memberships are about 69.96. (You can generally find them for that at various points of the year. Or used to at any rate.)

Don't knw if they will give you the discount for changing from monthly to annual though. The first annual membership may be the full price.

The $30 voucher was only when you joined the first time. And since the store no longer does vouchers, it may no longer be available.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    At $7.95 per month (if that is what it is) a year's membership comes in at 95.40. Renewal on annual memberships are about 69.96. (You can generally find them for that at various points of the year. Or used to at any rate.)

Don't knw if they will give you the discount for changing from monthly to annual though. The first annual membership may be the full price.

The $30 voucher was only when you joined the first time. And since the store no longer does vouchers, it may no longer be available.

I got the $30 voucher when I switched from monthly to annual, and again when I renewed the annual membership last year in the sale. And I did get the discount when I switched from monthly to annual.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Edit:

Why is it broken??

Coupons will not "stack", they can only used as one coupon per order, one time usage.
    Coupons cannot be used on 1.99 items, Published Artist items or Platinum Club renewals.
    If any one of those items are in your cart at checkout time, the coupon will be rejected.

Sorry,

Not exactly. You can have Daz originals AND PA items in the cart, the coupon should only apply to the Daz originals.

It's not working anymore though.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

yes I have bought a ton of stuff. I don't know whether the Pc coupon only applies to PC or nonPC or originals or what, but I had a bit of everything in my cart and neither of them would apply. the only one I got to work was the 10 dollar one for buying 100 dollars of stuff.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Sorry,

Not exactly. You can have Daz originals AND PA items in the cart, the coupon should only apply to the Daz originals.

It's not working anymore though.
    This would be the first time I ever heard that it had ever worked in the new store; that is, using a coupon at checkout with any products the coupon will not apply to present in your cart. Try putting one item in your cart (and only one) that is a Daz Original that is about $5 or higher and use the $4 coupon on it. If that doesn't work, you have a different problem.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    JOdel said:

I got the $30 voucher when I switched from monthly to annual, and again when I renewed the annual membership last year in the sale. And I did get the discount when I switched from monthly to annual.

Didn't annual PC subscribers also get that pack of classic Gen4 items remastered for Genesis last year? Or was that for all PC members?

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

NEWS 7 - EPISODE 4 (SPECIAL BACK TO BACK EPISODE... STAY TUNED)

Brought to you by Skiriki's Ranger Services. "Nothing to see here people, move along... AND SAVE THE ANIMALS!!!"

:lol:

SPYRONews4.jpg
    1000 x 796 - 689K
  • estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

excellent!

edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    DanaTA said:
    JOdel said:

Didn't annual PC subscribers also get that pack of classic Gen4 items remastered for Genesis last year? Or was that for all PC members?

This year far as i know there is no renewal voucher, no renewal discount, and no renewal package/perks. buy it all packages are for sets that are already out instead of something new this time, too. (so very likely you already have it) Oh and if you actually want to buy the renewal, prepare to shell out an extra $30 at the time of payment because you have to pay the first time package, and then get the difference refunded.

Can't figure out why this PC celebrate is just not as exciting as the previous years tho.... LOL....

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

For those trying to use the coupons, I did notice an announcement in this forum and in Members forum about the coupon problem.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9458_4/

I haven't tried the coupons and this "work around" yet, but I did notice it. I REALLY hope DAZ gets this working this week. (Yes I refuse to use the S word)

edited October 2012

Zelroth said:
    For those trying to use the coupons, I did notice an announcement in this forum and in Members forum about the coupon problem.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9458_4/

I haven't tried the coupons and this "work around" yet, but I did notice it. I REALLY hope DAZ gets this working this week. (Yes I refuse to use the S word)

Yes this is the problem I've been complaining about, I think the issue is resolved though. The thing to be worried about is if you tried to place an order and got the "we can not place order at this time, try again later" message. If you got that message there is a chance it DID process in the back and begun to charge you.

Because of this issue I had duplicate charges on my account. Daz couldn't find the charges in their records so they wouldn't stop them. I had 6 duplicate charges go through on my bank and 1 through paypal. Fortunately I had already filled a claim with my bank when I saw the duplicates. As soon as the duplicate charges cleared the bank called me and got Daz on the phone to correct. Daz was able to refund the paypal one as well.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    NEWS 7 - EPISODE 4 (SPECIAL BACK TO BACK EPISODE... STAY TUNED)

Brought to you by Skiriki's Ranger Services. "Nothing to see here people, move along... AND SAVE THE ANIMALS!!!"

:lol:

Hey Spyro! I see you found a Zombie cure. :lol:
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    DanaTA said:
    JOdel said:

I don't remember if that was part of the package or just for every PC member, sorry.

Dana