DAZ|Studio 4.5 wont' save .DUF

2»

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

This has happened before, and the answer was (from memory) to reload the DUF scene, and it loads correctly.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Not quite Jimmy, load your DAZ, save it as a DUF scene, load the DUF and then resave it, I think this second save removes the references to the DAZ and secondary scene files and points the DUF to the DSON format dsf asset files instead.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    Not quite Jimmy, load your DAZ, save it as a DUF scene, load the DUF and then resave it, I think this second save removes the references to the DAZ and secondary scene files and points the DUF to the DSON format dsf asset files instead.

Thanks Bejaymac, that will help. My poor old memory aint what it used to be :)

• RobbyBobbyRobbyBobby Posts: 325
    edited December 1969

Yep, that worked. Thanks...

• edited December 1969

This is weird but lately DAZ|Studio 4.5 hasn't been saving any of my scenes after I render or when I add things to the stage. It opens a window and lets me input the filename but when I go to press save it doesn't save at all.

I am curious is this a bug or is there a way to fix it. I'd be grateful if anyone can help me to solve this problem, it's really annoying.

Well fact of matter is a lot of people are having this problem so it seem its just your not listening, I am also having this problem and have been asking you guys for months to figure it out all I get back is are you saving to right folder are you doing this and that. For one yes I am doing it right for me it saves the scene but nothing else any changes I make doesn't seem to save. In 4.0 i didn't have this problem I could make a scene and lets say have a character do a transformatin to a creature like a zombie, I then save the scene for later work in 4.5 you can't do that. I save the scene in 4.5 go back the poses are there and all but the morphs are not there. There is a problem needs to be fixed make it more user freindly like daz 4.0. This duf crap isn't working, and no you shouldn't have to take all these extra steps to save a single scene.

• edited December 1969

It isn't memory I have 16 gb of ddr3 and a quad core and I have problems saving scenes, there is a broken script or something.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Hmmm... just a question. Are the Data files for the daz files in a different folder than the data files for the duf scene file? It should not matter but I have heard of problems for users of the 32bit version of DS. I'm just wondering if this might be a issue some way.

EDIT: I see it has been worked out, nevermind.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Hmmm... just a question. Are the Data files for the daz files in a different folder than the data files for the duf scene file? It should not matter but I have heard of problems for users of the 32bit version of DS. I'm just wondering if this might be a issue some way.

EDIT: I see it has been worked out, nevermind.

No I don't think it is i'm using 64 bit, plus i've tried every single combination out there spent 3 hours trying to figure out whats going on. can't seem to find the problem never hade this much trouble before they should have stayed with the original daz format. Oh well it is what it is, some people have said that instead of saving it as a scene try saving it aas a puppeteer preset. I've tried that and still doesn't work all my stuff is updated to. I just think they didn't fully test it before releasing it, I keep asking them for help and all I get is your not doing it right and not enough people are having these issues so we are not going to look into it. Just plain bad tech, I just solved it by going back to 4.0 for the 2nd time, thank god for external hard drives.

• CrustycueCrustycue Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

i found a quick fix.
    create a scene with any object in it. save and name it what you want. then when you want to save your main scene you will save it over the dummy scene.
    worked for me.